• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seven, you're an idol..
    200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
    14/05/1811

Comment

Oh, I forgot..
      Yesterday I downloaded the movie, and after a hard googling, I make it work with DP engine..
      Is there a way to skip between chapters? (.dem's)
      The movie's length is 4 hours and I don't have enough time to watch it complete from once.. :/

(Thanks for the .pk3 ^^)
      14/05/1811

Comment

Glad everything works for you now.

I am not aware for of a "skip" button. Maybe others know more.
        Thats why I dont even look the short 15 minutes standard intro movie.
        I start Nehahra same this:
        darkplaces.exe -nehahra +map neh1m1

Regards,
        Seven

There is a small button on the lower left corner called "EDIT"

Comment

But I'm talking about the movie "Seals of Nehahra" not the introduction of the game.. I'll see if somebody knows something..
          14/05/1811

Comment

Hello DaniOcampo1992,

I know it has been awhile since you asked the above question.
            I found a solution now, so I wanted to post it.
            Maybe other people have the same question as you (in post #19).

Nehahra has many "cutsence"/movies.
            No doubt, those are great, but if you simply want to play and dont want to watch them, there is a way to do it:
            As long as there is no "skip" button or such (that I am aware of), please use the "slowmo" command.

To do it:
            Open your console (during the movie) and type: slowmo 5
            This will make the game/movie run 5 x times faster.
            Increase the value if you want.
            Be sure to set it back to "1", after the movie ended.
            A value of <1 makes the game run slower.

This has nothing to do with Nehahra of course. It is a standard DarkPlaces feature.

Maybe this is helpful for some of you.

Regards,
            Seven

Comment

My good friend webangel made me a special present.
              She linked me to the Source of Nehahra.

I wasnt aware that the source had been released...
              Spirit has it in his archive.

Thank you webagnel and Thank you Spirit.
              It is like a good book to read where you cannot stop.

Just wanted to post it in case someone else is interested in it as well.

Kind regards,
              Seven

Comment

Replace textures

The grunts from the QuakeBestiary just don't look right. With the z Nehahra Overriding ID1 custom Monster packs.pk3 from this thread, I took Seven's textures from the Small Mod Compilation with skins for Quake. I created a pk3 containing the following...

qgrunt_gib.tga
                qgrunt_gib_gloss.tga
                qgrunt_gib_norm.tga
                qgrunt_shotgun.tga
                qgrunt_shotgun_gloss.tga
                qgrunt_shotgun_normal.tga
                qgrunt_skin.tga
                qgrunt_skin_gloss.tga
                qgrunt_skin_glow.tga
                qgrunt_skin_norm.tga

Should this work ok? So far it seems to. The grunts look good after only played like 5 minutes of it.

Any other textures that could use replacing?

P.S. These do not work on the intro and probably not the movie, although I'm not testing the movie.

Comment

Hello GiSWiG,

Unfortunately this will not work.
                  Please read the readme.txt to learn more about the reason why the "Nehahra Overriding ID1 custom Monster packs" has been made.

The skin textures that you mentioned in your post are skins for a custom replacement model.
                  You seem to use this model in your ID1 folder.
                  That is why you also see it in Nehahra.
                  BUT, and that is the reason for this pack:
                  Nehahra monsters have a lot more animations (described in the readme).

The external replacement grunt model that you use does not have these animation (like run+shoot for example).

If you do not like the grunt skin inside the "Nehahra Overriding ID1 custom Monster pack", it is really simple to change it.
                  Just use another ID1 grunt skin that you like more.
                  For example Quake Reforged soldier skin.
                  You will also find a slightly modified one inside the SMC 'Starter Kit':
                  It is named: "soldier.mdl_0.tga" (together with its _norm, _gloss, _luma if you want)
                  Just exchange it with the soldier skins inside the "Nehahra Override pack".

Again, it MUST be a skin that fits for the ID1 model.
                  Otherwise it will not work for the extended Nehahra models.
                  --> They use heavily extended ID1 models in Nehahra.

Have fun with this really great game.
                  Seven

Comment

Cool, Thanks!

I am curious. The movie is 4 hours long as everyone knows, and no fast-forward, rewind, or chapter skip....

(If this info is somewhere please tell me. I'm just experimenting)

Actually, I think I found a chapter skip!
                    You use 'darkplaces -nehahra +playdemo intro' to start the movie, but any of the demos can be played like 'quake' or 'vision' but I don't have a sequential chapter list, I can't find one and I don't know how to find it in the PAK file (I'm sure it is there)

Any help?

Comment

Ah! Just came to me! Check the .dem files!

At the end of each .dem file is the command to play the next demo.
                      So Intro goes to genf, goes to genlab, goes to nehcre and so on...

Be nice to have nice Names to go along with it.

I'll make a list up later. Busy but had to write down what popped in my head!

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                        Hello GiSWiG,

Unfortunately this will not work.
                        Please read the readme.txt to learn more about the reason why the "Nehahra Overriding ID1 custom Monster packs" has been made.

The skin textures that you mentioned in your post are skins for a custom replacement model.
                        You seem to use this model in your ID1 folder.
                        That is why you also see it in Nehahra.
                        BUT, and that is the reason for this pack:
                        Nehahra monsters have a lot more animations (described in the readme).

The external replacement grunt model that you use does not have these animation (like run+shoot for example).

If you do not like the grunt skin inside the "Nehahra Overriding ID1 custom Monster pack", it is really simple to change it.
                        Just use another ID1 grunt skin that you like more.
                        For example Quake Reforged soldier skin.
                        You will also find a slightly modified one inside the SMC 'Starter Kit':
                        It is named: "soldier.mdl_0.tga" (together with its _norm, _gloss, _luma if you want)
                        Just exchange it with the soldier skins inside the "Nehahra Override pack".

Again, it MUST be a skin that fits for the ID1 model.
                        Otherwise it will not work for the extended Nehahra models.
                        --> They use heavily extended ID1 models in Nehahra.

Have fun with this really great game.
                        Seven
                        Ok, I have no idea what I was doing. Without doing what I did, I got the right textures from your pack but I did have the QuakeBestariy skins before. (Did I mix up my packs?)

Everyone ignore me on this one, just use Seven's pack.

Comment

seven, im having a problem.

like others, i could not run this mod. so i installed your fix and it worked. the problem is its running the default maps. is that how it works, or does it have custom maps? im confused...
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Hello syluxman2803,

Nehahra brings its own maps. It has several episodes.
                            Be sure to extract the Nehahra files into their own subfolder beside your ID1 folder (not inside your ID1 folder).

And start Nehahhra via shortcut to your darkplaces.exe
                            darkplaces.exe -nehahra +map neh1m1
                            If you use the above shortcut, the 1st map will automagically start.
                            You will miss the 15 minutes intro movie and the skill-select map.
                            So be sure to type "skill 0" (if you like it easier) into console after the map started and after that, type: "restart" into it.

Normally you do not need to jump right into the 1st map.
                            I just tried Nehahra on my pc and the start map (skill-setting map) works as it should:
                            I could choose the skill and jump into the teleporter, wathced the intro clip and the 1st map started.

Good luck,
                            Seven

PS: Be sure to read the readme.txt (regarding its pak0.pak)

Comment

i did try that pak0.pak thing, but no luck. maybe its corrupted. can i have a link to a known working copy?
                              My Avatars!
                              Quake Leagues
                              Quake 1.5!!!
                              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                                i did try that pak0.pak thing, but no luck. maybe its corrupted. can i have a link to a known working copy?
                                Here's where I just got mine the other day: Nehahra mod for Quake - Mod DB

On this page there are several links...
                                Nehahra Full is the game only. Be sure to follow the IMPORTANT README and extract the pak0.zip

Seal of Nehahra is the movie. You put the files in the same nehahra folder. Don't forget what the IMPORTANT README says.

The Tides of War...? I've never tried it, but I sure will!

Comment

Working...
                                X