• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH
    replied
    Originally posted by powerzord View Post
    use proquake
    ProQuake is a great multiplayer engine but I'm reasonably certain that it doesn't meet this posters needs.

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    LH got this fixed last week , works great now

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
    self.items2 does not work as in previous legacy type engines - requires you run hypnotic or rogue mission packs for it to trigger properly.

Leave a comment:

• yuggsoth
    replied
    I haven't yet tried ProQuake, but I'm pretty sure I'd lose all of my other pretty special effects.

Leave a comment:

• powerzord
    replied
    use proquake

Leave a comment:

• yuggsoth
    replied
    All r_shadows 2 did was cause my framerate to dive for no apparent reason =(
    Still no shadows.

Leave a comment:

• yuggsoth
    replied
    Whoa thanks LordHavoc, I'll try that!. And thanks for this amazing medium you've given us through which to play one of the greatest electronic games of all time. I know this is a bit off-topic but this is as far as I'm going to go with this...
    Any performance tweaks planned for the next release? DarkPlaces is amazing, but if it also ran as smoothly as DirectQ does on my mediocre laptop...it would destroy the world, and you, LordHavoc, would be the god of Earth's new dark age.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    bleeding through floor is awesome in NetQuake. It's like a beacon when someone camping Rotunda or Quad,as it shows horribly lol.

Leave a comment:

• LordHavoc
    replied
    With rt world off, shadows do not occur, this is expected behavior.

You can set the r_shadows cvar to 2 to get shadows in non-rtworld mode, but these have some artifacts due to the nature of the shadowing (bleeds through floor in places, etc).

Leave a comment:

• yuggsoth
    replied
    Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
    Set lighting in the options menu to full. And be sure to have the rtlights file(s). But this will bring your rig even more down on it's knees.
    I have lighting on "full" except I have RT World off.

EDIT: Also, I am using VIS'd maps and rtlights are working. Even with RT World on (which cuts my fps in half) I cannot see the shadows.
    Last edited by yuggsoth; 09-29-2011, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• grave_digga
    replied
    Set lighting in the options menu to full. And be sure to have the rtlights file(s). But this will bring your rig even more down on it's knees.

Leave a comment:

• yuggsoth
    replied
    No shadows.

My Darkplaces is not displaying shadows of characters and enemies. How do I fix it?

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    self.items2 does not work as in previous legacy type engines - requires you run hypnotic or rogue mission packs for it to trigger properly.

Leave a comment:

• leopold
    replied
    When connected to a QW server, v_gunkick (doesn't exist as a cvar in darkplaces IIRC) does not get set to 0 (whatever technique in darkplaces is behind that/causing it).

Leave a comment:

• LordHavoc
    replied
    DarkPlaces will give an error notice if it has any idea what happened, this sounds like a video driver crash, make sure you are using the latest drivers for your video card from the chip vendor (AMD or NVIDIA or Intel) if possible - on laptops it can be hard to get the latest drivers installed.

Any more information you can provide?

Leave a comment:

• TheGustlik102
    replied
    Everytime I connect to a server, the screen turns black for a second, and then the game shuts down. This happens on both Q1 and QW servers. I'm using Win XP Pro SP3 with DX9.0c.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X