X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mom View Post
    Recently I did a joke that Qrack was updating with a next generation engine... and I did it to make you "imagine" it was possible.
    Mark, you remind me of an exercise bike with this video stuff.

You keep spinning the pedals of the bike, faster and faster. Convinced that if you do it hard enough, the bike will move.

But it is exercise bike, it isn't going to move. So one can only assume you like to make videos, and if that is what you enjoy I'm glad you like it.

Add: I mean you are good are making videos, I guess I don't see what end goal you think you are trying to reach and if you have one, I'm not sure a video is the "missing link" that allows you attain whatever this goal is. But don't let this deter you from making more videos, you seem to be getting very good at them (except the music is mighty loud, in my humble opinion --- music should be a subtle additive to a video, not blaring out and distracting from the content of the video. One opinion, maybe even wrong ).
    Last edited by Baker; 05-20-2013, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    This is why I don't post too much anymore. The most simple thing turns into a stress fest. I can't go HahHah without there being some psychological dissertation needing to be presented and argued.
    It wasn't my intent to interfere with your forum enjoyment. I'll shall change my forum habits accordingly, because that wasn't my goal.

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    @Frost - I advised you of another way because I didn't know about this cvar. This is a much better fix than the .ent way, because it makes the originals appear as opposed to cloning them. You should definitely use Sevens way.

Methinks Seven knows waaaaaay too much about DP..

Future Seven post:

How to do your taxes + groceries + bills in DP via autoexec.cfg

____

@Baker - all I was saying is that how he said it was funny. Really, the engine, author and reality were completely irrelevant. It was just funny. You follow me around making everything I say into some damn point. Stop, it's that simple... just stop. I don't do that garbage to you, I never have and you never stop. You aren't accomplishing anything positive, I can promise you that. You quote me so much I'm about to change my name to Benjamin Franklin.

Allow me to help you. The next time you want to troll me, right before you are about to hit the reply button, stop for just one little second and realize that ...you don't care, your infinite wisdom and superior education can be used for things of more value.

Tadaa'

_______

How should I know and what is so funny about it?
    I'm sure I read it with a different inflection than that which you wrote it in and that inflection implied that you WILL be coming back and you WILL be reporting some stuff {hands on hips}. Like:

"I'm watching you and your lil engine too" {leering}

that was funny to me, even though I know that is not how you meant it.

__

This is crazy, I have never had to explain one sentence so much in my life. This is why I don't post too much anymore. The most simple thing turns into a stress fest. I can't go HahHah without there being some psychological dissertation needing to be presented and argued. I must be like the most important and powerful person on Earth, cause EVERY FUCKING THING I say is put under a microscope. Maybe I should erase all of this before someone comes to explain to me how you can't use an autoexec to make a calculator in darkplaces, cause I was obviously 100% serious.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-20-2013, 12:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Frost R17
    replied
    nevermind, I actually figured it out. I have to create my own autoexec.cfg file to keep the cvar enabled without reverting it back to its default.

Leave a comment:

• Frost R17
    replied
    Where can I find the autoexec.cfg?

Leave a comment:

• Frost R17
    replied
    Well I've been advised to do it another way, but this is actually the easy way. If I have any more questions I will ask.

Thanks

If I enable the cvar, does it fix other levels that are affected as well?

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    I think we should get back to topic

Originally posted by Frost R17 View Post
    There are items missing in a couple of levels: r1m2, where one of the two buttons that activates the elevator and crushes anything that stands below it; r1m5, missing quad damage in the bookcase.
    Hello Frost R17,

You mentioned in another thread, that these items are missing in R1M2:
    for example, in r1m2, Dread Portal, is missing a Red armor and small rocket box in one of the secrets.
    They are placed at:
    "classname" "item_armorInv"
    "origin" "1623 2107 400"

"classname" "item_rockets"
    "origin" "1660 2228 400"

The reason why these 2 items are missing in R1M2 is this disabled cvar:
    sv_gameplayfix_droptofloorstartsolid is "0" ["0"] prevents items and monsters that start in a solid area from falling out of the level (makes droptofloor treat trace_startsolid as an acceptable outcome)
    The secret area is very small and therefore this happens.
    Enable this cvar again and you will not have this issue.

As mentioned in other threads:
    Since DP build 20130301 Lord Havoc decided to disable ALL sv_gameplayfix_ cvars by default.

If you encounter issues like this, or monsters sticking in walls, please enable the corresponding sv_gameplayfix_ cvar again (must be done via autoexec.cfg).

A list with ALL sv_gameplayfix_ cvars (with detailed description) can be seen via typing this into your console:
    apropos gameplayfix

You can then condump your console and copy/paste all of the cvars into your autoexec if you are not sure which one is the one for your specific issue.
    Compare the cvar settings to a DarkPlaces build < 20130301 to find out, wich one have been enabled before this DP build.

Kind regards,
    Seven

PS: In the last weeks, we also found 2 other cvars which you might want to enable again:
    sv_gameplayfix_upwardvelocityclearsongroundflag
    sv_gameplayfix_setmodelrealbox
    They cause issues with some replacement models

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'll never stop to be impressed with Q1 hehe.

Recently I did a joke that Qrack was updating with a next generation engine... and I did it to make you "imagine" it was possible.

Episode #8
    FFA Mod

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QcyKZZtO7I&hd=1"]s7e8 - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks to Baker I just discovered Xonotic and to me... it looks like a next generation engine and it was certainely not copied for ShootMania... may be the contrary is possible hehe!

Also the kind of Hub (called Quake city) in Project 123 by Baker seems to be the scene where the guy is falling from the sky right into it... a kind of hub (could be for sure).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaNQrGREkwQ&hd=1]s3 introduction - YouTube[/ame]

I got so much to do/see I have the vertige

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    LOL! You are convinced there is more to report. It wasn't even a question... I'll be back! Hahahahahaha
    LordHavoc pushes the envelope a lot. The only people that don't make mistakes are the ones that don't do anything.

He's only human and does what he does for free. And an updated engine beats a 7-year old dead one that never receives updates.

In another thread, you wondered why elite engine authors don't showcase their works in Quake Remake, well he doesn't need to because he already did with Xonotic. The capabilities in DarkPlaces compared to Quake are rather endless.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zsp1ahGgWE]Xonotic - Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Now, as a Quake engine, DarkPlaces does have shortcomings and issues with some frequency, but DarkPlaces is the perpetual generation of new concepts --- largely by one person who codes like a hurricane.

I'm just balancing out your very understandable point-of-view with extra information. As an engine coder who has often read DarkPlaces source code I quickly understood he wasn't interested in "coding for yesterday" a long time ago.

If the current version doesn't get the job done, let him know (without making demands --- which is the role of a bug report) and fallback to a version that does work.

Such is cost of limited resources, LordHavoc is one person with limited time and he does what he does for free.
    Baker balancing the equation +1. I think a cow died listening to my diatribe so Baker -1. Hey, so the world is back in balance!!! Which is the way we like it ...

Leave a comment:

• Frost R17
    replied
    How should I know and what is so funny about it?

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    I'll report more soon
    LOL! You are convinced there is more to report. It wasn't even a question... I'll be back! Hahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Frost R17
    replied
    items in secrets missing

There are items missing in a couple of levels: r1m2, where one of the two buttons that activates the elevator and crushes anything that stands below it; r1m5, missing quad damage in the bookcase.
    Last edited by Frost R17; 05-19-2013, 08:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    I STILL cannot connect to QuakeWorld servers using DarkPlaces. It seems it worked around 2011 but the NEWEST release will not work. I like DP over ezQ for many reasons, if not simply because LH is awesome. It's not a real big deal as QW mods suck worse.

Leave a comment:

• BEEF34T3R
    replied
    For some reason (or not?) this thread was closed: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...eleased-8.html

So, can anyone compare latest offical/unoffical 20130304/2013XXXX DP builds/autobuilds to recommended by Seven in that thread ( http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...tml#post104276 ) builds from 2011?
    Perfomance, main features, changes, bugs?

Thx for any feedback.

Leave a comment:

• DeadTenor
    replied
    I've noticed that certain mods that support gibbing dead bodies after they are down (such as Kleshik Coop) on builds starting on the latest March 2013 official release no longer work. My workaround for now is to use my DP server using an older build to keep gibbable bodies, which doesn't seem to affect clients with the March 2013 build.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X