Autobuild 20160917

Thank you LordHavoc !

Have fun,
    Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
      The shadow flickering bug has been fixed in DarkPlaces engine
      Autobuild 20160917

thanx for letting us know that a DP build was released which fixed the shadow-flickering bug seven
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Dear Seven & dear all,

Is anyone so kind to share a compiled version of this release? ... even better a compiled version for OSX ! ... sorry guys but I´ve no clue how to compile a program :-C

Comment

• Opsss!! .... downloaded the file now ... everything is there!! ...sorry

Comment

• dp internal chasecam bug

I've seen this with several different mods I work on.
            I have yet to tag it to any specific code I run as it happens with the engine internal cam:
            chase_active is "1" ["0"] enables chase cam

effect:

DP chasecam is hosed
            chase_active toggles cam but position does not change - chase_up and chase_back are ignored
            viewport is locked to center of model (you can sometimes see player model)
            viewport pan up and down is limited to about 35 deg. from horizontal center
            self.view_ofs does nothing - your view is tied to the model center

happened when:

My morph mod where player becomes a mini-cthon in a lava pool:

Code:
            // note: lots of other code gets run
            	setmodel(self,"progs/cthon.mdl");
            // then later
            	stuffcmd(self, "chase_active ");
            	stuffcmd(self, ftos(self.cam_x & 1)); // Cataboligne - 8.26.11 - support for dpcam
            	stuffcmd(self, "\n");
            For that case, I disabled the cam for Cthon because it happens every single time.

Sometimes just setting extreme distance from player ent origin:

chase_back 200
            chase_up 150

I'll put the cam toggle back for cthon and test it again now.
            Yep, still happens.

Video sample of exactly what I describe here.

If you morph to lava bomb -> go in lava -> switch to mini-cthon
            then turn on chasecam it bombs.

What do I suspect:

The model "progs/cthon.mdl" is a large model compared to all the other morphs. I suspect some kind of bounds issue.

Ancillary info:

Version: Darkplaces-Hipnotic build 01:43:09 Dec 14 2015 - release
            setattachment(vhead, vhead.owner, null_string); is used to attach visible weapon models to player model
            launched with: darkplaces-linux-x86_64-glx -hipnotic -game archon +deathmatch 1
            A ton of complicated quake-c runs - pk server, rune server, frikbots & pkbots, admin module, and the archon code base

I have seen this effect running other mods. I suppose the ultimate test is to duplicate it with vanilla qc and no mods.

Support my code on patreon - I suggest the "Pledge 12" - you get snapshots of my code and current project!
            numbersix - Mod DB [_] Six Gaming

Support free code and get credit! - Hint "Pledge 24" comes with extra releases.

Comment

• Corrections: setattachment is not in use in the sample video

And, I need to get the latest engine and see if this still happens.

sv_gameplayfix_*

sv_gameplayfix_blowupfallenzombies is "0" ["0"] causes findradius to detect SOLID_NOT entities such as zombies and corpses on the floor, allowing splash damage to apply to them
              sv_gameplayfix_consistentplayerprethink is "0" ["0"] improves fairness in multiplayer by running all PlayerPreThink functions (which fire weapons) before performing physics, then running all PlayerPostThink functions
              sv_gameplayfix_delayprojectiles is "1" ["1"] causes entities to not move on the same frame they are spawned, meaning that projectiles wait until the next frame to perform their first move, giving proper interpolation and rocket trails, but making weapons harder to use at low framerates
              sv_gameplayfix_downtracesupportsongroundflag is "1" ["1"] prevents very short moves from clearing onground (which may make the player stick to the floor at high netfps)
              sv_gameplayfix_droptofloorstartsolid is "1" ["1"] prevents items and monsters that start in a solid area from falling out of the level (makes droptofloor treat trace_startsolid as an acceptable outcome)
              sv_gameplayfix_droptofloorstartsolid_nudgetocorrec t is "1" ["1"] tries to nudge stuck items and monsters out of walls before droptofloor is performed
              sv_gameplayfix_easierwaterjump is "1" ["1"] changes water jumping to make it easier to get out of water (exactly like in QuakeWorld)
              sv_gameplayfix_findradiusdistancetobox is "1" ["1"] causes findradius to check the distance to the corner of a box rather than the center of the box, makes findradius detect bmodels such as very large doors that would otherwise be unaffected by splash damage
              sv_gameplayfix_gravityunaffectedbyticrate is "0" ["0"] fix some ticrate issues in physics.
              sv_gameplayfix_grenadebouncedownslopes is "1" ["1"] prevents MOVETYPE_BOUNCE (grenades) from getting stuck when fired down a downward sloping surface
              sv_gameplayfix_multiplethinksperframe is "1" ["1"] allows entities to think more often than the server framerate, primarily useful for very high fire rate weapons
              sv_gameplayfix_noairborncorpse is "1" ["1"] causes entities (corpses, items, etc) sitting ontop of moving entities (players) to fall when the moving entity (player) is no longer supporting them
              sv_gameplayfix_noairborncorpse_allowsuspendeditems is "1" ["1"] causes entities sitting ontop of objects that are instantaneously remove to float in midair (special hack to allow a common level design trick for floating items)
              sv_gameplayfix_nogravityonground is "0" ["0"] turn off gravity when on ground (to get rid of sliding)
              sv_gameplayfix_nostepmoveonsteepslopes is "0" ["0"] grude fix which prevents MOVETYPE_STEP (not swimming or flying) to move on slopes whose angle is bigger than 45 degree
              sv_gameplayfix_nudgeoutofsolid is "0" ["0"] attempts to fix physics errors (where an object ended up in solid for some reason)
              sv_gameplayfix_nudgeoutofsolid_separation is "0.03125" ["0.03125"] keep objects this distance apart to prevent collision issues on seams
              sv_gameplayfix_q1bsptracelinereportstexture is "1" ["1"] enables mods to get accurate trace_texture results on q1bsp by using a surface-hitting traceline implementation rather than the standard solidbsp method, q3bsp always reports texture accurately
              sv_gameplayfix_q2airaccelerate is "0" ["0"] Quake2-style air acceleration
              sv_gameplayfix_setmodelrealbox is "1" ["1"] fixes a bug in Quake that made setmodel always set the entity box to ('-16 -16 -16', '16 16 16') rather than properly checking the model box, breaks some poorly coded mods
              sv_gameplayfix_slidemoveprojectiles is "0" ["0"] allows MOVETYPE_FLY/FLYMISSILE/TOSS/BOUNCE/BOUNCEMISSILE entities to finish their move in a frame even if they hit something, fixes 'gravity accumulation' bug for grenades on steep slopes
              sv_gameplayfix_stepdown is "0" ["0"] attempts to step down stairs, not just up them (prevents the familiar thud..thud..thud.. when running down stairs and slopes)
              sv_gameplayfix_stepmultipletimes is "0" ["0"] applies step-up onto a ledge more than once in a single frame, when running quickly up stairs
              sv_gameplayfix_stepwhilejumping is "1" ["1"] applies step-up onto a ledge even while airborn, useful if you would otherwise just-miss the floor when running across small areas with gaps (for instance running across the moving platforms in dm2, or jumping to the megahealth and red armor in dm2 rather than using the bridge)
              sv_gameplayfix_swiminbmodels is "1" ["1"] causes pointcontents (used to determine if you are in a liquid) to check bmodel entities as well as the world model, so you can swim around in (possibly moving) water bmodel entities
              sv_gameplayfix_upwardvelocityclearsongroundflag is "1" ["1"] prevents monsters, items, and most other objects from being stuck to the floor when pushed around by damage, and other situations in mods
              Last edited by numbersix; 09-17-2016, 04:21 PM. Reason: add gameplayfix settings

Comment

• latest test

I got the autobuild:

Version: Darkplaces-Hipnotic build 12:08:05 Sep 17 2016 - release

The chasecam issue is still happening.
                Though for a second the first time I turned the cam on I saw a flicker of the correct position.

>duplicate it with vanilla qc and no mods.

I just tried this - first with no mods in my usual test dir, just running from id1
                and then in a mod load dir with the original files, not even watervis.

This cam issue happens from the test dir just by setting chase_back "200".
                This does not happen in the original dir.

So, by that logic, it must come from something in my test id1 dir.
                I'll test all the stuff there later, and report back.
                My cat wants to watch jeopardy right now.

Last edited by numbersix; 09-17-2016, 04:45 PM. Reason: info update

Comment

• numbersix

maybe you can try using a ssqc chasecam, or a csqc camera
                  the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• @nahuel

At this point it isnt about what cam is used.
                    This effect has been irritating me for years since I came across it.
                    I have to know the cause.

Comment

• dp internal chasecam bug reveal

Once I discovered the effect didnt happen with the original files, the path was obvious.

id1/csprogs.dat
                      Something in csqc is doing this.

Whew.

OMG, Finally over.

Next I'll test the original hud code I annexed.
                      If that is bugged, there will be a lot less code to test.

Followup: yep, the original hud code from SMC has the bug.
                      (this note for LordHavoc and Seven)
                      Last edited by numbersix; 09-19-2016, 04:51 PM. Reason: update on test

Comment

• with the newest darkplaces builds from sept 2016 there are issues with the animation-shaders from WebAngel's 'animated-refelecting-overload' mod

all of the affected textures show up as completely white in-game

here is an example shader-block of one of the affected textures:
                        comp1_1
                        {
                        {
                        animMap 8 textures/comp1_1_1.tga textures/comp1_1_2.tga textures/comp1_1_1.tga textures/comp1_1_1.tga textures/comp1_1_1.tga
                        rgbGen identity
                        clampTexCoords
                        tcMod scale 0.25 0.25
                        }
                        dpreflectcube textures/cubemaps/twall2_1
                        {
                        map $lightmap
                        blendfunc add
                        tcGen lightmap
                        }
                        {
                        map $lightmap
                        rgbGen identity
                        depthFunc equal
                        }
                        }

same also happens with sean's weapons with reflect, which also show up completely white

example shader-block of one of the affected weapons:
                        v_nail
                        {

{
                        map textures/v_nail.tga
                        rgbGen identity
                        depthFunc equal
                        }

dpreflectcube textures/cubemaps/shot
                        {
                        map $lightmap
                        blendfunc add
                        tcGen lightmap
                        }
                        {
                        map $lightmap
                        rgbGen identity
                        depthFunc equal
                        }

}

could someone (like spike) please help out with fixing & cleaning up these shaders
                        so that the textures and weapons show up properly again in the sept-2016 DP builds?
                        Last edited by talisa; 09-22-2016, 09:28 AM.
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• models do NOT have lightmaps.
                          STOP USING LIGHTMAP PASSES ON MODELS! GAH!
                          use 'rgbgen lightingDiffuse' on the main pass instead.
                          obviously this only applies to models, not wall textures. wall textures need to use a lightmap pass.

and get rid of depthFunc equal, its stupid. the only time you should ever have that is if you're using alphatesting, so that later passes don't draw in the gaps.

tcmod scale is stupid. but dp needs it last I checked. dp is stupid. and annoying. and flakey.

additive lightmap passes is a bug, unless you like washing out the base texture. 'blendfunc filter' aka 'blendfunc gl_dst_color gl_zero', or 'blendfunc gl_dst_color gl_src_color', or just omit it and let the engine pick a modulate.

of course, dp is probably still making shit up in the background, so I've really no idea what the hell you're going to end up with if you aim to make it correct for quake3-alike engines. typically no bumpmapping/gloss... which probably isn't what you want... quake3 shaders suck.
                          Some Game Thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
                            dp is stupid. and annoying.
                            Yeah, that is why we need a new engine. Quakespasm comes in handy, right ?

=======================================

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                            with the newest darkplaces builds from sept 2016 there are issues with the animation-shaders from WebAngel's 'animated-refelecting-overload' mod

all of the affected textures show up as completely white in-game
                            So Darkplaces is starting to follow Quake3 shaders more consequently now ?
                            That sounds like a good thing. Now all the noob shader mods will show up as broken

same also happens with sean's weapons with reflect, which also show up completely white
                            If you are using a borked weapons pack you should fix it or replace it with another one.

could someone (like spike) please help out with fixing & cleaning up these shaders
                            Sure, even though I am not Spike.
                            Find the fixed shader for webangels mod below. Simply replace the new shader with the old ones.

Best wishes,
                            Seven
                            Attached Files

Comment

• aye, i agree it is a good thing that all these crappy borked shaders will come up now as being broken,
                              which makes that people will be forced to fix and clean up their old bad messy shaders

BTW you realize you just called WebAngel a noob with your statement, right?

and yes i know the issue isnt present in your weapon-pack and the issue is with the bad messy noob-shaders from sean-turd.
                              thats why i asked for help in fixing these old crappy shaders instead of saying its the engine's fault

i only posted about the issue here cuz i felt it wasnt worth creating a completely new thread
                              just to get help with fixing and cleaning-up those old and messy shaders

thanx for fixing WebAngel's reflecting-animated-overload shaders for me

Comment

• still has 'blendfunc add' on lightmap passes, as well as 'depthfunc equal' where you REALLY do not want the engine discarding the entire surface (eg: the slip1 base texture should be invisible according to that revised shader, with the (typically white) lightmap itself additively blended over whatever might be behind, so yeah, still screwed - lets hope dp never gets any better at conformity...).

hurrah for better conformity.
                                Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
                                X