Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD audio in proquake

Hey!

I downloaded the newest version of proquake (glpro451.exe) and it works great, but it doesn't play music from the CD by default like the original Quake clients did.

I tried browsing through the forums to find a solution. I found some info regarding older proquake versions, i.e. that the -nocdaudio was set as a default and the parameter removed in favor of -cdaudio in case someone wanted to turn the music on. Later the parameter was dropped again, because apparently there was an option in the "options" menu to turn CD music on. I can't find this option, so perhaps it was removed again.

Long story short: is there a way to make proquake play music from a CD by default?

PQ is a very traditional legacy type engine, so I would imagine it would operate the same standards by default as the rest of the legacy type engines do. Make sure your command line when ran does not include - nocdaudio and that will be enough to enable the cd sounds by default. also in the con, try commands:

CD on
    CD off
    CD play 004 (plays track 4)

If no music plays, it could be because the kind of map you are playing on does not have
    a setting called "SOUNDS"....which is the CD track number the engine will play.

Try loading a standard ID map for your tests if thats the case.

If all else fails, make sure the CD itself is not corrupted or clean the CD or check the lense in the CD player for dust on it...can of air blast into cd when the door is open wont hurt either unless its a brand new drive.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Sadly, proquake wants to play mp3s by default (cd play 004 gives me a message that no MP3 was found) and I wonder if it has a different option (CD audio) at all.

Comment

Working...
      X