No announcement yet.

FTE QW engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was actually just a shot of a portal in FTE. Spike wrote all that code, I just took the screenshot!

If you refer to the stuff on my blog, nah, nothing downloadable yet.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Can Quake II actually be run with FTEQW right now? I have tried both with latest stable build and the experimental one (Windows x64), but I got an error message in the console with game being unable to initialize player model or something. I am sure I had properly patched the game to v3.20 before as required.
      Authentic Models Pack
      OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
      LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Yes, it can.

All pods launched!

This is FTE 4719 - the latest FTE is always here.

It currently prints that error message for me constantly, too, but it is otherwise very playable.

If the latest FTE fails to run Q2, can you post the exact error message and your gfx card / OS?
        Scout's Journey
        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
          Article: ODE physics in FTE | spawnhost

Get bouncy stuff into your game/mod using FTE (or darkplaces)!

Could this exist in a multiplayer?

Destructible environments that cause damage to a multiplayer quaker?

thinking out loud,heh

self answer = if it was running Darkplaces and/or FTE as the server host and clients connecting in are doing the same?
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• You can have physics in multiplayer, yeah.

Flying, rolling and bouncing objects can have touch functions that damage the player etc so yeah, you can have a wall of crates that can kill a player when falling.

It's not 100% reliable in FTE at the moment though, perhaps Darkplaces currently does it better. Dunno. Major problem is stuff falling out of the map, which is why Scout's Journey is currently simply respawning lost physics objects. That's a hack though.

BTW if you want to check out some physics in multiplayer, Nexuiz or Xonotic or both have a mode called "Nexball" that spawns a ball and goals in an MP map.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• okay, cooool. I wonder if anyone here is very fluent in HP Lovecraft's works.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                You can have physics in multiplayer, yeah.

Flying, rolling and bouncing objects can have touch functions that damage the player etc so yeah, you can have a wall of crates that can kill a player when falling.

It's not 100% reliable in FTE at the moment though, perhaps Darkplaces currently does it better. Dunno. Major problem is stuff falling out of the map, which is why Scout's Journey is currently simply respawning lost physics objects. That's a hack though.

BTW if you want to check out some physics in multiplayer, Nexuiz or Xonotic or both have a mode called "Nexball" that spawns a ball and goals in an MP map.

Doh! Nexball sounds like speedball in CAx shameless plug
                [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=noABQ4eGqmc[/ame]
                Ok maybe not quite
                Last edited by R00k; 08-15-2014, 10:58 AM.
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• Originally posted by NightFright View Post
                  Can Quake II actually be run with FTEQW right now? I have tried both with latest stable build and the experimental one (Windows x64), but I got an error message in the console with game being unable to initialize player model or something. I am sure I had properly patched the game to v3.20 before as required.
                  FTE doesn't provide gamecode for quake2.
                  Win64 programs cannot load win32 dlls as they target different cpu modes (and vice versa).
                  This means you need to use the win32 version of FTE in order to run the standard quake2 game dlls.
                  Or in other words, just download+use the win32 build instead of the win64 one, despite using a 64bit version of windows.
                  Some Game Thing

Comment

• I run Quake 2 with FTE from time to time! But my engine of choice is quake2xp or breserker

Comment

• Failed to compile FTEDroid.

Hello Spike and everybody else. I downloaded latest FTEQW source code from the svn repository. I have a big problem building FTEDroid, and i have no idea how to fix errors. Why "and" command not found? I don't know what else left to download, I thought I have downloaded everything I need, including cygwin, changed my "path" environment variable and added cygwin binary path to it. I'm very confused.

Code:
                      E:\Documents and Settings\Alexandr2\code\trunk\engine>make droid-dbg droid_arch=
                      armeabi
                      make FTE_TARGET=droid droid/build.xml
                      process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, E:\cygwin\home\Alexandr2\android-ndk-r9d/tool
                      chains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androidea
                      bi-gcc -IE:\cygwin\home\Alexandr2\android-ndk-r9d/platforms/android-4/arch-arm/u
                      sr/include/ -DANDROID -mfloat-abi=softfp -fno-strict-aliasing -dumpmachine, ...)
                       failed.
                      make[1]: Entering directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engi
                      ne'
                      cd droid && PATH=$PATH:E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engine/E:\
                      cygwin\home\Alexandr2\sdk/tools:E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/e
                      ngine/E:\cygwin\home\Alexandr2\android-ndk-r9d android.bat update project -t and
                      roid-8 -p . -n FTEDroid
                      /usr/bin/sh: and: command not found
                      make[1]: [droid/build.xml] Error 127 (ignored)
                      make[1]: Leaving directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engin
                      e'
                      make FTE_TARGET=droid gl-dbg DROID_ARCH=armeabi;
                      process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, E:\cygwin\home\Alexandr2\android-ndk-r9d/tool
                      chains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androidea
                      bi-gcc -IE:\cygwin\home\Alexandr2\android-ndk-r9d/platforms/android-4/arch-arm/u
                      sr/include/ -DANDROID -mfloat-abi=softfp -fno-strict-aliasing -dumpmachine, ...)
                       failed.
                      make[1]: Entering directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engi
                      ne'
                       failed.
                      make[2]: Entering directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engi
                      ne'
                       failed.
                      make[3]: Entering directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engi
                      ne'
                      makefile:1321: warning: overriding commands for target `debug/gl_droid-armeabi'
                      makefile:1317: warning: ignoring old commands for target `debug/gl_droid-armeabi
                      '
                      makefile:1321: warning: overriding commands for target `EXE_NAME=libftedroid.so'

makefile:1317: warning: ignoring old commands for target `EXE_NAME=libftedroid.s
                      o'
                      makefile:1321: warning: overriding commands for target `WCFLAGS=-DGLQUAKE'
                      makefile:1317: warning: ignoring old commands for target `WCFLAGS=-DGLQUAKE'
                      makefile:1321: warning: overriding commands for target `LDFLAGS='
                      makefile:1317: warning: ignoring old commands for target `LDFLAGS='
                      makefile:1321: warning: overriding commands for target `SOBJS='
                      makefile:1317: warning: ignoring old commands for target `SOBJS='
                      makefile:1338: warning: overriding commands for target `debug/gl_droid-armeabi'
                      makefile:1321: warning: ignoring old commands for target `debug/gl_droid-armeabi
                      '
                      makefile:1338: warning: overriding commands for target `EXE_NAME=libftedroid.so'

makefile:1321: warning: ignoring old commands for target `EXE_NAME=libftedroid.s
                      o'
                      makefile:1338: warning: overriding commands for target `WCFLAGS=-DGLQUAKE'
                      makefile:1321: warning: ignoring old commands for target `WCFLAGS=-DGLQUAKE'
                      makefile:1338: warning: overriding commands for target `LDFLAGS='
                      makefile:1321: warning: ignoring old commands for target `LDFLAGS='
                      makefile:1338: warning: overriding commands for target `SOBJS='
                      makefile:1321: warning: ignoring old commands for target `SOBJS='
                      makefile:1330: *** mixed implicit and normal rules.  Stop.
                      make[3]: Leaving directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engin
                      e'
                      make[2]: *** [gl-tmp] Error 2
                      make[2]: Leaving directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engin
                      e'
                      make[1]: *** [gl-dbg] Error 2
                      make[1]: Leaving directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engin
                      e'
                      make: *** [droid-dbg] Error 2

And FTEDroid for some reason doesn't run Hexen2(FTEQW does). I couldn't start the game (screenshot is in the attachment - that's all i could get). I thought Spike is working on this problem, but I'm not sure. Please consider improving touch controls and adding visible touch controls like in QI4A (~roma~, the source is in the apk file).
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by AlexQuaker; 09-07-2014, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• The key part of the batch file that I use.
                        cd engine
                        make droid-rel PATH=C:\Cygwin\bin\ ANDROID_HOME=c:/tools/android-sdk ANDROID_NDK_ROOT=c:/tools/android-ndk-r8e ANT=c:/tools/apache-ant-1.8.2/bin/ant JAVATOOL="/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_02/bin/" -j8 DROID_ARCH="armeabi"

you can add x86 to the droid_arch part if you want your apk to work on slightly more systems (takes longer to compile though!)
                        I've no idea what the best ndk toolchain is. native android development is a real pain and requires obscure paths that change with each ndk revision, in multiple places. check that the various paths are actually valid.

you can use the showpic command if you want on-screen buttons:
                        showpic <imagename> <elementname> <x> <y> <zone> [width] [height] [touchcommand]
                        put it in your autoexec.cfg or something.
                        I don't have any decent artwork, nor do I have an android device with which to have any confidence in the placement stuff, thus its not set up by default.

hexen2 has some weirdness in detecting gamedirs for some reason, resulting in it trying to show the mods menu (which was hackily thrown together, lacks a banner, and thus displays absolutely nothing if it can't find any games to list).
                        as you do have the correct conback loaded, presumably you can just close the menu and reopen it. or failing that, drop to the console and just load up 'map demo1' to start a new game. :s
                        (based on what I've seen the webgl port doing)
                        Some Game Thing

Comment

• Keep getting freaking errors.

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                          I've no idea what the best ndk toolchain is. native android development is a real pain and requires obscure paths that change with each ndk revision, in multiple places. check that the various paths are actually valid.
                          Your advice didn't help me. But thanks for information about showing touch controls and running Hexen2. Changed paths to without spaces. But the main amount of errors is still left.
                          Failed again for the umpteenth time, mixed implicit and normal rules (confused).
                          It mustn't have meaning that I use a bit another command to build (didn't change default(in the makefile) jdk, ndk, sdk, ant paths).

Code:
                          with -j8 and without, result does not vary. 
                          make FTE_TARGET=droid gl-rel DROID_ARCH=armeabi;
                          ne'
                          make[2]: Entering directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engi
                          ne'
                          make[3]: Entering directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engi
                          ne'
                          makefile:1321: warning: overriding commands for target `release/gl_droid-armeabi
                          '
                          makefile:1317: warning: ignoring old commands for target `release/gl_droid-armea
                          bi'
                          makefile:1321: warning: overriding commands for target `EXE_NAME=libftedroid.so'

makefile:1317: warning: ignoring old commands for target `EXE_NAME=libftedroid.s
                          o'
                          makefile:1321: warning: overriding commands for target `WCFLAGS=-DGLQUAKE'
                          makefile:1317: warning: ignoring old commands for target `WCFLAGS=-DGLQUAKE'
                          makefile:1321: warning: overriding commands for target `LDFLAGS='
                          makefile:1317: warning: ignoring old commands for target `LDFLAGS='
                          makefile:1321: warning: overriding commands for target `SOBJS='
                          makefile:1317: warning: ignoring old commands for target `SOBJS='
                          makefile:1332: warning: overriding commands for target `release/gl_droid-armeabi
                          '
                          makefile:1321: warning: ignoring old commands for target `release/gl_droid-armea
                          bi'
                          makefile:1332: warning: overriding commands for target `EXE_NAME=libftedroid.so'

makefile:1321: warning: ignoring old commands for target `EXE_NAME=libftedroid.s
                          o'
                          makefile:1332: warning: overriding commands for target `WCFLAGS=-DGLQUAKE'
                          makefile:1321: warning: ignoring old commands for target `WCFLAGS=-DGLQUAKE'
                          makefile:1332: warning: overriding commands for target `LDFLAGS='
                          makefile:1321: warning: ignoring old commands for target `LDFLAGS='
                          makefile:1332: warning: overriding commands for target `SOBJS='
                          makefile:1321: warning: ignoring old commands for target `SOBJS='
                          makefile:1330: *** mixed implicit and normal rules.  Stop.
                          make[3]: Leaving directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engin
                          e'
                          make[2]: *** [gl-tmp] Error 2
                          make[2]: Leaving directory `E:/Documents and Settings/Alexandr2/code/trunk/engin
                          e'
                          make[1]: *** [gl-rel] Error 2
                          e'
                          make: *** [droid-rel] Error 2
                          Last edited by AlexQuaker; 09-07-2014, 10:44 AM. Reason: moved fte code to the right place

Comment

• make hates spaces in paths. use a different base directory (move your fte checkout somewhere else). that's where the 'and' came from.
                            you can try adding 'BASE_DIR=.' to your make commandline.
                            Some Game Thing

Comment

• FTEdroid Hexen2

Only "map demo1" in autoexec.cfg helped me. Absolutely no reaction on pressing the menu key and it's impossible to exit the application, only via Task manager.

Comment

• I'm having a problem with window borders appearing at top of screen. Toggling fullscreen doesn't fix it:

http://www.unrealize.co.uk/sshots/shot-9019923693.png

You can see the title bar there at the top, but ingame I see two for some reason. If I keep restarting it eventually it will be fullscreen.

Also, how can I display fps?

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
                                -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

Comment

Working...
                                X