No announcement yet.

FTE QW engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @slackhead you can use show_fps and if you want to change where it shows up on the screen you can use show_fps_x and show_fps_y. I am unable to tell from your screenshot what you mean about the border problem.

Comment

• That grey line at the top is the top of the window, like it isn't fullscreen or something. You can also see the player status cut off at the bottom.

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
      -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

Comment

• what method are you using to get into fullscreen? Changing it in game or something like alt +enter?

Comment

• Using the menu

Comment

• Looks like it isn't actually fullscreen, indeed.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• hmm... I thought you were running on linux and I haven't run that engine in linux so not sure. You may try using these in your config file:

vid_fullscreen 1
              vid_stretch 1

Comment

• No change I'm afraid

Comment

• I've had problems with games in Linux in the past. If no one can help perhaps you could try this out. FSGamer It's not directly related to your problem but may possibility fix it inadvertently. Anyway, if nothing else works might be worth a shot. I'll try downloading that engine on my linux box.

Comment

• I've had no problems with other games, but it may be worth a shot.

Is there any way of getting water to display in DP like it does in FTE?

Comment

• Originally posted by slackhead View Post
                      I've had no problems with other games, but it may be worth a shot.

Is there any way of getting water to display in DP like it does in FTE?
                      Example?

It has several cvars for water.

r_wateralpha, r_waterlayers, r_waterwarp... What look are you going for?

Comment

• in FTE it's transparent and the surface is reflective

Comment

• If you don't want it to be reflective anymore use r_water 0 and r_wateralpha to adjust how see through it is. Or turn it off completely

Comment

• No, I like it! Just wondering if DP can do that too. I'll try out those cvars.

Comment

• for the window border issue, try with these on your commandline:
                              -nowmfullscreen +set vidx_grabkeyboard 1
                              hopefully the combination should allow fte to hide from your window manager, preventing WM bugs from breaking things.
                              (you'll need build 4748 for that first argument to be recognised though, so you might need to update first)
                              Some Game Thing

Comment

• Oh yes!!! DP and FTE use basically the same extensions and many of the same cvars! Check here for all the commands!!

Lemme show ya what DP can do! Basically both engines can accomplish many of these same things.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X