Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a bit more information? Basically they have server side mods and mods both client and server need. In the case of Qouth both would need the assets folder loaded correctly in order to play the maps correctly. They could still join but would be missing assets and gameplay elements. You'd just have to decide what type of server you are running. If you ran it with Qouth you'd certainly have the ability to play over 90% of the maps on Quakeinjector but you would need to find the source for it to add your current server features like MOTD, etc. I am not even sure they have the source for that available.

Otherwise it is better you just run quake vanilla with your current server side additions you already have like MOTD and Voting. It also just depends on what you are trying to do with your server. Give me an idea of where you are trying to go? If you just want it compatible with the most amount of people possible then i'd say don't use any mods other than your server side ones.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
      Give me an idea of where you are trying to go? If you just want it compatible with the most amount of people possible then i'd say don't use any mods other than your server side ones.
      This ^ is what I think. I will keep it playable for the most amount of people then, and anything else I do with it will be server side.

Thanks

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
      -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

Comment

i was thinking next year when i get google fiber (1000mbs/s ie 1Gb/s)
        i should host a linux Quake server.
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Ah nice! Should I need to guess what mod? Also you are getting google fiber?!!!!

(Throws as much hate as possible towards r00k) Take that you vile creature!

Comment

lol ya they have started sign-ups in my area
            since id be using an older pc i think id have 1 server with 16 slots and
            add a votable option to load ca ctf or dm. or something crazy random zombie mod
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
              lol ya they have started sign-ups in my area
              since id be using an older pc i think id have 1 server with 16 slots and
              add a votable option to load ca ctf or dm. or something crazy random zombie mod
              Wha? If you have Foie gras first of all that shit is expensive. Second of all don't tell PETA or they will try to shut you down! Tho there is a farmer in Spain named Eduardo Sousa who produces foie gras humanely by allowing his ducks to migrate there and eat a shit ton of figs and nuts. fattens the liver right up for some amazing bright yellow foie gras! Mmm.... I can taste it now... If only I had the money....

Comment

I'm considering setting up a server, but a lot of this information seems out of date and links are broken.

I think I need to know what sort of hosts will give very low pings and what I need. I guess I can't use these game host companies because they setup for you automatically and I need to be able to get direct access to remote setup the server.

What quake server to use CRMOD and runequake seem to be the two that exist now.

I'm also interested in the idea of Quakeworld and possibly protocols that FTE use to give better performance with slightly higher pings for people connecting using FTE.

I want to set it up in DC to give lower pings around there. I see we already have some servers in NY.

I'd like to see how long I can get the pings for people near DC. I don't quite know what is possible, but something around 5 to 15 ms would be the target.

I'm sure I've got a lot more questions, but want to start somewhere.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X