• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spike View Post
    *cough*
    *cough* *cough*
    #pragma warning disable F307
    *cough*

add the extra arguments to the function in question. you don't have to use them.
    Thanks I was wondering how to format that

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
    -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

Comment

I'd need the player_pain() function too.

In my clean qc source, player_pain() doesn't have any arguments at all but this was probably just cleaned up.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
        I'd need the player_pain() function too.

In my clean qc source, player_pain() doesn't have any arguments at all but this was probably just cleaned up.
        This is the float in defs.qc

Code:
        .void(entity attacker, float damage)		th_pain;
        This is possibly a pretty cool idea in the sense that you could theoretically use this to allow monsters to ignore you if you haven't caused enough damage to them.... After further investigation I conclude that these extra additions in fact never get used. So you could just change the defs.qc without the additional params and it should fix those errors.

.void() th_pain;
        EDIT: Yep. Just confirmed compiling it without those params. Cleaned code. Like I mentioned with Ai_walk, ID code is riddled with extra snippets of code. :/

@goldenboy

Is your Qc source cleaned by yourself? I wonder if it is different than mine. Allowed to share?
        Last edited by PrimalLove; 09-05-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
          This is the float in defs.qc

Code:
          .void(entity attacker, float damage)		th_pain;
          This is possibly a pretty cool idea in the sense that you could theoretically use this to allow monsters to ignore you if you haven't caused enough damage to them.... After further investigation I conclude that these extra additions in fact never get used. So you could just change the defs.qc without the additional params and it should fix those errors.

EDIT: Yep. Just confirmed compiling it without those params. Cleaned code. Like I mentioned with Ai_walk, ID code is riddled with extra snippets of code. :/

@goldenboy

Is your Qc source cleaned by yourself? I wonder if it is different than mine. Allowed to share?
          I practically never use stock id qc code, I recommend cleanQC 1.01 as a reference source these days.

https://gitorious.org/quakec-v1-01-clean

It's what I based my game on, too.
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

@All

We should do a community cleaning on the QC Source. Just an idea. Everyone come together with their additions.

Comment

That already has been done. See above.
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                I practically never use stock id qc code, I recommend cleanQC 1.01 as a reference source these days.

https://gitorious.org/quakec-v1-01-clean

It's what I based my game on, too.
                Thanks GB! Didn't even know of this! Thanks!

Comment

CleanQC 1.01 also has a lot of bugfixes such as fish count etc.

It is functionally the same as QC version 1.06, only the latter isn't GPL so I don't recommend it.
                  Scout's Journey
                  Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

That's useful. Thanks.

@spike: I see from the wiki that fteqcc now supports arrays, but are there any plans for more string support? I didn't see anything about this, but simple concat, substr(), instr(), len() etc would be very useful for formatting text and making things look pretty

Comment

Not Spike, but these string operations also require engine extensions, not just compiler ones.

You can find them in fteextensions.qc where all the extended builtins are listed (search for strcat etc.)

http://www.triptohell.info/moodles/f...eextensions.qc

So yeah, this stuff would work in FTE and Darkplaces. Not sure what other engines support these extensions.
                      Scout's Journey
                      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Maybe better to keep to poq then I guess.

Comment

Working...
                        X