No announcement yet.

Anticheats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes thats true as it is now. Its an entity in the entity list immediately after world which is entity 0. Slot #1 would be entity #1.

CTFBOT mod uses this QC to determine how many player slots there are in a running server, which I modified a little bit to also track active / live clients:

Code:
    void () clientInitMaxClients =
    {
    	local entity ent;
    	ent = nextent (world);
    	while ((ent.classname != "worldspawn"))
    	{
    		fMaxClients = (fMaxClients + 1);
    		if (ent.netname != "")
    		total_clients = total_clients + 1;
    		ent = nextent (ent);
    	}
    //localcmd ("echo  clientInitMaxClients() \n");
    localcmd ("echo Maxclients: ");
    localcmd (ftos(fMaxClients));
    localcmd ("\n");

localcmd ("echo Active clients: ");
    localcmd (ftos(total_clients));
    localcmd ("\n");

};
    As it stands now I have it only being called in Worldspawn() but if its called in ClientConnect () it might actually better update actual players in a live game...and also perhaps a variation in ClientDisconnect() as well...but thats the general idea.

Originally posted by slackhead View Post
    I'm a bit confused here. An aimbot is usually a hacked engine that autoaims for a player. They still take a normal player slot and appear as a normal player. Or is this not the case in Quake?

Comment

Not as annoying as a traditional aimbot would be, but I suppose in the end its using the player slots to find valid players that it triggers off of. The key to detection to me at least seems to be a way to get it to fire consistently at an entity that the server knows is not a player. Only the server would be able to know the "trick question" so to speak, and mask the entity's key fields sent so that the client "thinks" its a player.

Maybe not so hard to do hey ?

The old, original kind are, but ever seem someone use a trigger bot? It doesn't aim for them; it simply fires when crosshair is over the target. Much more difficult to spot.

Comment

I'll have a think about this. First, though I want to get some sort of ban system organised for DP servers.
        Last edited by slackhead; 09-27-2014, 03:03 PM. Reason: missing wordyitus

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
        -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

Comment

BANS can be worked around if you pass your connection to the server through a proxy. Its called "IP masquerading".

If you really want to cut down on suspicious players I always thought the PW protected servers were a better way. Quake didnt come with that option, but I think QW came with it.

Well I'm glad that wallhacks are no longer an issue. I don't know what to do about aimbots, but a ban system would be useful. Something with an ban IP list doable in QC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
            BANS can be worked around if you pass your connection to the server through a proxy. Its called "IP masquerading".

If you really want to cut down on suspicious players I always thought the PW protected servers were a better way. Quake didnt come with that option, but I think QW came with it.
            Oh yes there are always proxies. And of course dynamic IPs don't help.

In UT we have something called ACE (anticheat engine) and it works out hardware ID hashes from each player, which are some sort of combo of their network card MAC and some other stuff. Unfortunately, it requires a dll. It's harder to masquerade, but not entirely impossible if you can spoof your MAC.

I'm pretty sure a password system is fairly straightforward, but it must be a last resort. Not really what you want to do with public servers. I have a few people play fairly regularly on my servers that aren't from Q1.com.

Comment

a triggerbot would be very easy to detect with the lg or nailgun as those you would constantly hold the fire button. If it only fired when aiming on the target then it would 'stutter' as they waved their aim.

@Cobalt and Baker:

This is all the client needs to see another player.
              Code:
              	for (i = 0 ; i < cl_numvisedicts ; i++)
              	{
              		enum = currententity - cl_entities;
              		clmodel = currententity->model;		

if (enum > 0 && enum <= cl.maxclients)
              		{
              			if (!strcmp (clmodel->name, "progs/player.mdl")
              That cl_numvisedicts is a lot smaller, with the advent of antiwallhack culling.
              Last edited by R00k; 09-29-2014, 07:40 AM.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                a triggerbot would be very easy to detect with the lg or nailgun as those you would constantly hold the fire button. If it only fired when aiming on the target then it would 'stutter' as they waved their aim.

@Cobalt and Baker:

This is all the client needs to see another player.
                Code:
                	for (i = 0 ; i < cl_numvisedicts ; i++)
                	{
                		enum = currententity - cl_entities;
                		clmodel = currententity->model;		

if (enum > 0 && enum <= cl.maxclients)
                		{
                			if (!strcmp (clmodel->name, "progs/player.mdl")
                That cl_numvisedicts is a lot smaller, with the advent of antiwallhack culling.
                I always dig technical discussions about Quake like this, when it pertains directly to multiplayer. Wait, I dig any discussion about multiplayer Q1 period.

Especially when we're talking about who ragequit the other day/night in a fit of fury
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Oh yes there are always proxies. And of course dynamic IPs don't help.

In UT we have something called ACE (anticheat engine) and it works out hardware ID hashes from each player, which are some sort of combo of their network card MAC and some other stuff. Unfortunately, it requires a dll. It's harder to masquerade, but not entirely impossible if you can spoof your MAC.

I'm pretty sure a password system is fairly straightforward, but it must be a last resort. Not really what you want to do with public servers. I have a few people play fairly regularly on my servers that aren't from Q1.com.
                  Are you talking about URBAN TERROR? If so i have been banned from a few servers because of my 10-20 ping and the admins dont like it when they get owned at every turn.

I have always been able to release and renew my ip address and delete the name saver file (forget name of file) then change my name and reconnect and then play like a newbie to prevent from getting banned again which i fail at again as i forget the newb style play and start popping off player after player..

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                    Are you talking about URBAN TERROR?
                    Unreal Tournament

Comment

Ultimate Tetris.

Comment

Unreal Tournament
                        Ahh ok.. that game has never interested me though my dad still plays it i believe.

Comment

Working...
                        X