Clear All

Well said.

Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
    Dear All,

Best Regards,

Primal

Comment

Glad to see you are back PL.

Id say mission accomplished. Seven, Dresk and others have posted QC for the public. [ thats for the public, repeat ] Once its out there you have to accept where it winds up is out of your hands. In this case these coders work interested other people and inspired them to make a post on the technique. The technique itself is QC, made by ID SW. Everyone here knows (or I hope knows) Quake was made by that company. To preface every post made on this site with credit to the entire team - probably wont ever happen. If we arent crediting them all the time, why credit any of us with what we do? Its all based on their pioneering groundwork. I look at it like we are continuing it, and its reward is the fun we have creating, and if someone can use code I made , heck go ahead and use it..its not my property. In fact if you use it its a compliment to me weather or not Im mentioned, In the quest to pioneeer new ground we often get caught up in blabbering about ideas that come from other peoples ideas...and even then, its a compliment to see your idea has inspired someone, even if you arent mentioned. I know its a hard thing to see at first, but after a while it dont pay to look at it negatively . . . its got to be a plus.

Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
      I really don't have any original code to call my own because pretty much everything I learn about qc I learn from someone else (here or otherwise) and sometimes its nice to give back to those that are also new that might need a simplified version of some of these more intimidating code structure that anyone can start and tinker with.Primal

Comment

Kleshik is under GPL 2

GNU General Public License v2.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation

the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

I'm not sure why such "experiments" are necessary. Knowingly creating conflicts on the forums just to see how big the shitstorm gets could actually be seen as trolling, Primal Love.

Since it (unfortunately) seems to be impossible to agree on giving credit or not, without having forum rules about it, the discussion doesn't seem to lead anywhere. And since the original post was, as the author admitted, meant as some sort of social experiment, in which we all were supposedly the guinea pigs, I see no need to let it continue.

Locked.

Edit: If anyone really wants to discuss the credit issue, please do so in a dedicated thread instead of taking other threads off-topic all the time.
          Last edited by golden_boy; 11-22-2014, 07:46 AM.
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Working...
          X