What light tool do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What light tool do you use?

Are any of you using _sunlight2 and/or _sunlight2_color on your levels?

I'm using tyrutils v0.15 light.exe. The documentation doesn't say anything about these keys. But I see people talking about _sunlight2 all the time.

What light tool should I use to set _sunlight2? That sums down to: what light tool do you use to light your levels? Wich one you think is the best?

Cheers

You got your copy of tyrutils from the wrong place. Download this copy win or os x

eric w doesn't seem to be updating the disenchant.net site. You have to go to this thread on func_msgboard to get the latest releases. His most recent release is in post #334. The links I provided you have everything you mentioned in your post.

I'm sorry it took 2 days for you to get an answer. I haven't been around.

tip: sunlight2 is generally used to soften main sunlight. This can also be accomplished by using sunlight_penumbra. The effect isn't identical but I would recommend experimenting.

This would soften the entire light, but also create more shadows
    "_sunlight2" "n"
    Set the brightness of a large dome of lights positioned around
    the map (16K unit radius). Useful for simulating higly diffused
    light (e.g. cloudy skies) in outdoor areas. Default 0.

This would primarily soften the edges
    "_sunlight_penumbra" "n"
    Specifies the penumbra width, in degrees, of sunlight. Useful
    values are 3-4 for a gentle soft edge, or 10-20+ for more dif-
    fuse sunlight. Default is 0.
    Last edited by TheRealMadGypsy; 06-24-2015, 07:44 AM.

Comment

heads up:

A little while back I contoured NetRadiant to be used specifically with TyrUtils. The entire entity inspector has been updated to reflect all the options that TyrUtils provides.

You can get a copy here. Make sure you read the ReadMe.txt file. If you would like further information you can visit this link

Also note that if you read further down that thread a comment was made regarding having to use the full path of the wad in worldspawn. You do not have to do this anymore. I utilize TyrUtils -wadpath switch, which eliminates the need to type the full path.
      Last edited by TheRealMadGypsy; 06-24-2015, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X