Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean QC/gnounc

I thought of an idea for your CleanQC 1.01

but I had a bit of difficulty locating the new repo at https://gitlab.com/quakec-v1-01-clea...ec-v1-01-clean to see if it was implemented. Anyway ...

One of the easily fixed deficiencies in progs 1.06 is the lack of deathmatch 3.

Virtually every server mod has deathmatch 3, but it is easily forgotten that the place that doesn't have deathmatch 3 is the Quake sitting on everyone's hard drive.

The old thread is locked. Maybe the timeout should be 3 years instead of 1 year?

/Just a thought. I don't know if you are still working on that or if it is still active these days, but wanted to put out the idea.

You just change items.qc line 471 -- if (deathmatch == 2 || deathmatch == 3 /* <--- added this part */ || coop)

At ammo_touch(), before (self.think = SUB_regen; ) add:

if (deathmatch == 3)
    self.nextthink = time + 15;
    Last edited by Baker; 10-25-2016, 03:38 PM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I have a copy of it somewhere i can dig it up later.
    IIRC, there were a couple things missing, but i cant remember off hand.
    I even started making a basic spectator mode to it that just had the pov of your cam target through their eyes.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I put a link to the new repository in the post, actually. Or at least the gitlab archive location of the gitorous image.

Although with the orange and other colors I used for off-topic commentary, it is kind of hard to notice so that's my fault.

The ammo box respawn time is from Quakeworld, I don't know if that is what is commonly used in NetQuake for the deathmatch respawn time. I did a quick test and at least at one NQ server, the respawn time was 30 seconds for ammo boxes.

I didn't check CRMOD, then again the only proper way to CRMOD is deathmatch 1.

Deathmatch 3 is more of an FFA thing to me, but I'm sure QW people would disagree with that since deathmatch 3 is the Quakeworld norm.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Ya I even added a dmm4 once that had 15 second respawns on weapons/ammo and if u already had the weapon you could not retake; hybrid of 1 and 3.
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

If this is a cleaned up vanilla code to use as a base, I'd love to see the changes! I'm going to start with the linked repository above, but if you have newer changes, please do share.

Comment

Working...
          X