Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ijazz View Post
    I cant downlaod cygwin,

If you have the time,could you give me a few tricks for qc?

Also could you please give me the qc source .(with comments so I could really help you one day like I said?)

Thank you for explaining this.I will probably ask for a laptop after my next exams/tests.
    You don't really need cygwin. Just open the patch in a text editor and follow the instructions in the patch of adding lines in places, and removing lines in other places.

But I'll just upload the patched .qc files when I get home.

BTW, what specific features were you trying to get out of "After The Fall"?

Comment

@ijazz

Dude, like I said...learn the basics first. Your mod idea is cool and all, but you literally have 0% chance of pulling it off without a firm and absolute grasp of QC. Start small. Make a new weapon and get it to function correctly. Read through the countless QC tutorials at inside3d.com and replicate them, then put your own twists on them. Download the QC guide book. Just Google it. Its priceless information.

It will take you around a year to really start developing the skill set you will need to make a complex mod, and you still won't know half of what there is to know to use the full potential of QC. If you want to see what I mean, download the source code for the frogbot mod and read through it. If you can't understand what all that code is doing, you haven't learned enough yet.

You're asking people to do the impossible: "help me QC better." people can show you tricks, answer specific questions, offer advice, give you a quick tutorial. No one can teach you QC in its entirety. Just like taking a college class: the professor doesn't teach you the subject, he tells you where to go to learn it yourself.

I'm not trying to sound mean. But you have the appearance of being totally lost and helpless, and I'm telling you where to go and what to do to fix that.
      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

ijazz
        if you follow each tutorials: InsideQC
        you will learn a lot about qc

I did read your code, and you do not understand the basic stuff, aniway you seems very enthusiastic and this is very important.

Follow the tutorials, believe me you will be able to make your mod.
        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

ijazz - It sounds like you want to do a whole campaign, which means a lot of maps. I'd focus on mapping.

Here is the code compiled and working. Maybe get a coder to work with you on the project.

What specific features from "After the Fall" do you need from your project?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByQ...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Ok guys

@Dutch
            I saved some qc tuts in OneNote.Yes.I tried them and only one didn't work.
            I know I am really bad at this,but I have to try.I meant that I want some tricks so I could code better.Anyway thanks for the advice,you are reminding me of a teacher in my school when I was in 5th grade(or standard as we call it in India).

@nahuel
            Yes.InsideQC is super useful.If this post does not make sense then I meant thanks for the advice.

@enderandrew
            Thanks for helping me,I promise I wont ask for help for a long time.
            I didn't want anything to do with After The Fall,but now that you mention it...
            How do you make certain monsters drop weapons?
            I aske dthis question earlier but my code wasn't good enough.

The weapons part is over,now the monsters and some misc things are left.I asked newhouse on email if he could help me with maps.
            So if you could help me,it would be nice.

Thanks

-ijazz(Ijaaz Ahmed)
            Dude,lets party!
            Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

I mean my skills were not good enough.

Nahuel thanks for the advice.You too,Dutch.

(This might be a bad idea but Dutch,could you join the team I am making/assembling? It would be great.You could join as modeler or maps or code or anything.)

Ijaaz
              Dude,lets party!

Comment

God

The code is screwed up.Anyway thanks enderandrew for fixing it,but the whole thing is messed up! Onscreen messages and things liek that don't show up.

Thanks for you help,but I am temporarily halting this project.If you want the models then I can provide it,but thay are not mine.Even the sounds.

If anyone wants to restart this project then contact me or enderandrew for the models and code and sounds.

I mean enderandrew has the code only.

After april 1,which is when the QUMP project ends i will restart it.

I fanyone wants to help me then do the mod while I am not working on it.
                The source is public.
                The reason why is as I have put too much things in it any my final exams are coming up.

[email protected]

You know what to do with this email id

-ijazz
                Dude,lets party!

Comment

Thanks for you help,but I am temporarily halting this project.If you want the models then I can provide it,but thay are not mine.Even the sounds.
                  Oh come on, man up.

It's just code. Humans are smarter than computers.

Google brags about the AI in their "self-driving cars" that run stop lights runs over the neighbors trash on accident ...

... but real men run stop lights and run over the neighbors trash can on purpose!

If you can't do some curly braces and put a semi-colon at the end of every line, how do think your exams are going to turn out where you have to select either A, B, C or sometimes D?

The short version is if you can't make a Quake map -- a fake reality! -- what does this say about your odds in the REAL WORLD?
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I'd focus on starting with a single map and get a coder to help with your project.

I keep asking what features you want in your new code because you can't test to see if it is working if you don't know what the new features are supposed to be.

I might be able to help you more with the coding, but you have to give me more info. You took someone else's source code and started to work with it. Why did you grab that code? What were you trying to accomplish?

Comment

Well,enderandrew,I was trying to make a mod for no reason and then it suddenly expanded into an idea of Quake 1 from another persons view.Maps would be like 1996 style,(which is how my mapping skills are now but curves will be present.Just one curves every now and then.)with a few deviations into another persons view(which have curved,smooth maps) to start a new episode.There would be more weapons,and new monsters.

Weapons ideas were-
                      Sword
                      Axe( with g model along with sword)
                      Chainsaw
                      Shotgun(speed increased)
                      Auto Shotgun(removed later after tests)
                      Super Shotgun
                      The Shotgun Upgraded(name not decided)
                      Double Death (Super Shotgun upgrade)
                      Nail Pistol(Straight line nailgun)
                      Machine Gun(uses bullets)
                      Arcane Grenade Launcher(faster speed of firing and AD 1.5 model)
                      Rocket Launcher(more damage,less speed of firing)
                      Thunderbolt(Today I thought I would replace this with a plasma gun)
                      Plasma Gun(just like Quoth and Arcane Dimensions)

Monsters haven't been decided on yet.

Baker,yes we do have exams with things like marking A,B,C or D.
                      But we have written exams,not the ticking things you guys have.
                      However,I have decided one thing.

The project is not dead.The temporary halt is no longer effective.
                      I am starting from scratch.

Ender,about other peoples code.
                      I wanted to code my own ladder but hen I found a func_ladder not written in AD style and I thought "Wow,something different from Arcane Dimensions!".So I took it.

About the g_models I wanted parts of the game where the player had no weapons and had to find them so he could escape from the jail cell he was in or anywhere else he lost his firepower.
                      The sword would be a special tool rather than a weapon to quickly open locks(while mapping you could put SWORD_OPEN in the .fgd as some spawnflag).

Monsters-\Maybe
                      Nehahra Baron
                      Drole
                      Floyd
                      Fallen Hero(uses the Double Death)
                      Rocketeer

-ijazz
                      Dude,lets party!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                        Oh come on, man up.

It's just code. Humans are smarter than computers.

Google brags about the AI in their "self-driving cars" that run stop lights runs over the neighbors trash on accident ...

... but real men run stop lights and run over the neighbors trash can on purpose!

If you can't do some curly braces and put a semi-colon at the end of every line, how do think your exams are going to turn out where you have to select either A, B, C or sometimes D?

The short version is if you can't make a Quake map -- a fake reality! -- what does this say about your odds in the REAL WORLD?
                        I became 13 last December.In India you ain't anywhere new being an adult.You have to be eighteen for that.
                        Dude,lets party!

Comment

If you can get people,which is what I am trying to do, then please tell me.

I might get Newhouse as I have email with him.
                          Would you like to join?

-ijaaz ahmed
                          Dude,lets party!

Comment

The sword would be a special tool rather than a weapon to quickly open locks([I][while/I] mapping you could put SWORD_OPEN in the .fgd as some spawnflag).

-ijazz
                            I meant for mapping
                            Dude,lets party!

Comment

@baker

This guy is 13 and from india. You better be nice. You know your ISomething is gonna break one day and when you call tech support guess who is gonna answer the phone.

I know that's super racist. I'm just trying to be funny
                              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

That's the first time I laughed for that kind of joke.
                                No,I'm going to focus on coding instead.Probably an Indian (Muslim) version of you.

@enderandrew
                                Oh.OK,I see.I didn't quite understand so you mean you want to map or you want me to recruit someone to map?
                                Dude,lets party!

Comment

Working...
                                X