Qc help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qc help!!!!!

Can someone point out the mistake in my qc?
    I can't seem to find them.

The files are at quaketastic in the dir QC Mistakes.Filename; fusion2.zip
    Dude,lets party!
    Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Dude. If you expect any help at all in this world you are going to have to do better than essentially calling a free mechanic and asking him to go get your car before he takes a look at it.

You go get your "car" and bring it to the "mechanic"

ie. post a link directly to your troubled files. Even better, put that shit on GitHub and post a link or links to the exact scripts you want audited. While you are at it, give a description of the problems you are having and point your help to the relative file and line numbers that you think are the problem.

Free help = YOU do as much as you possibly can so your help can do as little as they possibly can. It works that way because, if you don't do it like that, nobody is going to help you. I'm not trying to be mean but it makes you look a bit lost and silly that you can't even provide a link to your own files.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-12-2017, 09:47 AM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

you need to check compile error-log dude

fteqccgui is great
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

There were several missing closing braces, a few missing semicolons, files in the wrong order in progs.src, and two conflicting files there.

I got it to compile with some fixes, and I made a patch so you can see the changes and apply them yourself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByQ...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by enderandrew View Post
          There were several missing closing braces, a few missing semicolons, files in the wrong order in progs.src, and two conflicting files there.
          @ijazz

These are some huge oversights, my friend. It sounds like you're going a little fast given your experience level. Slow it WAY down, or you're going to be blundering around in the dark for quite some time. Learn the basics, work up to the mod.

Just some advice from someone who started at QC square 1 before.

Good luck, and like gypsy said, throw us a little more info next time. This thread would probably have 2 or 3 pages worth of helpful info from a lot of people if that had been the case.
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
            Dude. If you expect any help at all in this world you are going to have to do better than essentially calling a free mechanic and asking him to go get your car before he takes a look at it.
            ^^ That.

You get better help when you deserve to get that help.

"I gots dis file here and sumtim wrong" doesn't make a good impression that you are making much of effort.

Now maybe you are making an effort, but you are not presenting yourself in a way that makes that seem the case.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks,enderandrew.

Sorry if I seemed like a lazy guy.I just wanted to release a mod so you guys could play and enjoy.

Will post a link next time.

-ijaaz
              Dude,lets party!

Comment

I'm really sorry but how do I convert the patch to qc files?

Anyway I will add it myself.

-ijaaz
                Dude,lets party!

Comment

I am so sorry,but I cannot understand the stuff in the patch.I tried to check the differences and even used WinMerge,but I can't seem to find the differences.

enderandrew,sorry but could you make it a little more clear? Like providing the qc files itself with the change?

If you could do this for me then I will try to help you in any way that I can.

I will add the enemeies myslef.

Yhanks
                  -ijazz
                  Dude,lets party!

Comment

Ijaaz, i fixed some stuff

Do not get me wrong but your qc is horrible, please start with few things to understand the basic

I get to compile it fixing at least +30 errors in compiler
                    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by ijazz View Post
                      I am so sorry,but I cannot understand the stuff in the patch.I tried to check the differences and even used WinMerge,but I can't seem to find the differences.

enderandrew,sorry but could you make it a little more clear? Like providing the qc files itself with the change?

If you could do this for me then I will try to help you in any way that I can.

I will add the enemeies myslef.

Yhanks
                      -ijazz
                      Patch/diff files are generated and applied with Linux tools (though you can also apply them on Windows via Cygwin or the Linux Subsystem in Windows 10).

Though you can just open the patch file in the text editor of your choice. Here is the first hunk. The first line shows the command to produce the diff. The real meat starts a few lines below that, where around line 565 you should see "weapon_laser ();"

See how a few lines below that, lines start with +

That means to add those lines. Lines that start with a - means to delete those lines.

The patch shows you basically what changes to make.

I could have just provided you the finished code, but if you don't see the changes you won't be able to learn.

BTW, what's your mod about? Where did you get the code? What are you trying to achieve?

If you're going to continue altering or writing QuakeC code, then it is important to learn. It will help you more in the long run. If you won't ever need to touch it past this step, then it might be simpler to just provide you with the finished result and call it a day.

Last edited by enderandrew; 02-13-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

It may help or may not, but you may want to see post #2197 in this thread:

Func_Msgboard: Coding Help
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

My code is basically a different story of Quake.
                          The player controls a junior officer,who gets into what Ranger got into(and what we love and call Quake) and fights them all.

Extra monsters are present as the base where the character is in at the start is the fourth base ever built.E1M1 was the twenty-fourth.(Thats my story.)
                          And also the hero goes to much farther parts of the dimensions.

That's the idea.It is going to be the first episode in a long time.
                          Dude,lets party!

Comment

Also the atfcode thing was a mistake,I decompiled the After The Fall partial conversion's source code.
                            Dude,lets party!

Comment

I cant downlaod cygwin,

If you have the time,could you give me a few tricks for qc?

Also could you please give me the qc source .(with comments so I could really help you one day like I said?)

Thank you for explaining this.I will probably ask for a laptop after my next exams/tests.
                              Dude,lets party!

Comment

Working...
                              X