Final CAx bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final CAx bugs?

I've noticed the centerprint tell you the health and armor of the person that killed you prints the armor value twice "Yellow No. 5 had 149 armor and 149 health". (That should take all of 5 seconds to fix, heh).

Also, it say "Someone disconnected" instead of their name.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Maybe it should make fun of them for leaving.
    "some asshole disconnected" lol
    Kinda like Gunter's script:
    "Tard left the game with 800 frags. LEAVER!!"
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Unlike FvF, Bomber is a happy place where rainbows shine and gibs fly

Comment

Bomber IS Quake Heaven.

Bomber can do anything except being gay and if you respond with "It doesn't use runes at all" thats what I mean by "Bomber can do anything except being gay"
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

That message is fixed, except now it displayes only the health of the player that killed you. There's a reason behind it (having to do with ftos ()), you can't centerprint both health and armor.

Finally after that one day of having major crashing problems, bomber is stable. We found out compiling with frikqcc (using some special code) crashes the server when it's ran on windows OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam
            There's a reason behind it (having to do with ftos ()), you can't centerprint both health and armor.
            Yeah, RocketGuy ran into that in RQuake. There IS a workaround!

Lardarse coded it. RQuake has a command called "promode" that will display monsters and kills. That ftos limitation was annoying, so it was off to #qc to find out how to defeat it.

I'll find the code sometime tonight and post it here.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Things mentioned tonight:

1. pq_teamscore support like CRMOD/Rune Quake have to display the team totals in the HUD for supporting clients (ProQuake/Qrack). Since CRMOD is closed source, the code to look at would be in RQ for what happens when team mode is on.

Thread: http://forums.runecentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=638

2. Some sort of command to show the number of players on each team, with over 10 players it gets really hard to count the colors, especially mid-round because some players are dead = white.

3. Sole had the idea of EFF printing at the end of the match.

4. There were 16 players at times last night and #16 couldn't seem to join???

5. Some sort of issue with max players. Sole and Yellow know what this is. I don't have any info.

Comment

Code:
                string (float n, float dropzero) DigitToChar = { 
                if (n == 0 && !dropzero) return "0";
                else if (n == 1) return "1"; 
                else if (n == 2) return "2"; 
                else if (n == 3) return "3"; 
                else if (n == 4) return "4"; 
                else if (n == 5) return "5"; 
                else if (n == 6) return "6"; 
                else if (n == 7) return "7"; 
                else if (n == 8) return "8"; 
                else if (n == 9) return "9"; 
                else return ""; 
                }
                You may find it more appropriate to return a space instead of nothing at all. RQuake then does some evil qccx hackery (that I'm not responsible for) to join the 3 strings together, but you might be able to avoid that if you aren't using the other strings available for the centerprint command. Remember that you can centerprint upto 7 strings at once. The idea is that you process the health this way, putting the units digit in u and the tens digit (or "10" if it's 100) in t, and then centerprint7(name, " had ", t, u, " health and ", ftos(armour), " armor remaining")

Stripping out each individual digit isn't too hard, So I'll leave that up to you (or you can cheat by looking in the RQuake SVN - near the bottom of trunk/source/rjs.qc)

You might also find this useful. RQuake uses it to print the time taken to the console at the end of each level.

Code:
                void () PrintTime =
                {
                local float seconds, minutes, tenseconds;
                local string s;
                // Time printing code by "Lardarse" Gregory R. Payne 
                // Based on the method used in CG_DrawTimer in the Q3 source code 
                // All variables here are floats, apart from s, which is a string 
                seconds = floor(time); 
                minutes = floor (seconds / 60); 
                seconds = seconds - (minutes * 60); 
                tenseconds = floor(seconds / 10); 
                seconds = seconds - (tenseconds * 10); 
                // You can do further steps here if you want the decimal places to be printed. 
                // Get the fractional part of time, and then strip the digits out one at a time 
                // The "QdQstats" progs by the SDA team goes out to 5 decimal places, but 3 should be more than plenty. 

bprint("Time: "); 
                s = ftos(minutes); 
                bprint(s); 
                bprint(":"); 
                s = ftos(tenseconds); 
                bprint(s); 
                s = ftos(seconds); 
                bprint(s); 
                bprint("\n");
                };
                16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                  I've noticed the centerprint tell you the health and armor of the person that killed you prints the armor value twice "Yellow No. 5 had 149 armor and 149 health". (That should take all of 5 seconds to fix, heh).

Also, it say "Someone disconnected" instead of their name.
                  Ya, due to the limits in ftos, you have to use the variable to clear the buffer, otherwise ftos just prints teh same result twice. :/

to fix this, h = targ.health, a = targ.armor, strcat(h,a,output);
                  maybe.. but i still like to see it in console, as my eyes are shut when i die in disgust!

the "someone" is cause they laggedout. thus it looses their name. used to say
                  " disconnected with ### frags", no name.
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                  X