Thoughts / Improvements to CAx Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts / Improvements to CAx Mod

After playing a bunch of games tonight on Bomber, including a couple 8v8 games I've had a few thoughts on improving the mod.

1. At the end of each match (or even after each round?) display the efficiency stats.

2. Prevent players from changing their shirt color

3. Somehow display the team scores better. It kinda shoots by very fast after a round.

4. Add a vote-exit command to randomly warp to new level?

5. Don't make settings reset when map is warped. By default, teams couldn't hold up to 8 players so admin had to set that. After warping a map, it resets

Hehe, I posted this is the CAx bugs thread, I'll repeat

Things mentioned tonight:

1. pq_teamscore support like CRMOD/Rune Quake have to display the team totals in the HUD for supporting clients (ProQuake/Qrack). Since CRMOD is closed source, the code to look at would be in RQ for what happens when team mode is on.

Thread: http://forums.runecentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=638

2. Some sort of command to show the number of players on each team, with over 10 players it gets really hard to count the colors, especially mid-round because some players are dead = white.

3. Sole had the idea of EFF printing at the end of the match.

4. There were 16 players at times last night and #16 couldn't seem to join???

5. Some sort of issue with max players. Sole and Yellow know what this is. I don't have any info.

6. I got disconnect at some point once tonight. It's rare but it happens sometimes; not 100% certain it is the mod.

Also:

Originally posted by Bam
    There's a reason behind it (having to do with ftos ()), you can't centerprint both health and armor.
    Yeah, RocketGuy ran into that in RQuake. There IS a workaround!

Lardarse coded it. RQuake has a command called "promode" that will display monsters and kills. That ftos limitation was annoying, so it was off to #qc to find out how to defeat it.

I'll find the code sometime tonight and post it here.

Bam, there is code to fix this!
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
      5. Some sort of issue with max players. Sole and Yellow know what this is. I don't have any info.
      The issue is that by default, the mod has setting for the max number of players on a specific team. I think it's 5 maybe? When the server reaches 16 players and we wanted to do an 8v8 guys couldn't join teams because they were full. We had to manually go into admin and change the setting to 8.

Also as I mentioned above, when warping a map, it reset these variables back to default which was kind of a burden.

Comment

CAx doesn't allow players to cc onto a team if teams are equal, but if teams are 4 v 4, and two people connect, it woudl be nice if the 2 new players didn't have to start a new team.

As Baker mentioned, sometimes the last few players had to try a few teams to join a team when the server was full.
        uakene.com

Comment

fix the fps incompability with GLPRO :x

I use the basic quake install located at <CENSORED WEBSITE> , most of you know what site im talking about.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I've handed quake out over at <OMFG TEH QUAKE DOWNLOAD LOL> page in PM's. LOL
            e|------------------------0---------------
            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
            A|---------------0------------------------
            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Mindz gets crap fps in both CAx and dm+, in both ProQuake and Qrack. However, loading Qrack w/o custom graphics and effects and setting gl_interpolate_distance to 0, it's fine.
              uakene.com

Comment

I have my settings set to cut FPS off at 60. My FPS is always 60 using both Qrack and GLPRO. I don't use any custom textures or any of that crap, just the basic default installs of Qrack and GLPRO.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord
                  2. Prevent players from changing their shirt color
                  Are people complaining about changing shirt colours? I've been wearing the white shirt since I've played CA and no one has told me to take it off. Some even complimented me with it on as it reminded them of the good ol days.

maybe you should just disallow xdressing?

And a brief reminder that 8 out of 9 quakers want the modified shotgun back in bomber. Whoever voted against it (1/9 of the voters) didn't speak up in the thread.

http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1059

There were some strong points made in this thread.

Comment

I added custom shirt colors support WITH anti-crossdressing code just for you c*s, also custom shirts were oldskool CA, i guess it could be votable or admin setting.

Shotgun damage shouldnt be changed from original Quake, though, I am a purist.
                    Yet, axe was raised fomr 20 to 80 x4

btw, your gonna break that putton if u play with it so much!
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k
                      I added custom shirt colors support WITH anti-crossdressing code just for you c*s, also custom shirts were oldskool CA, i guess it could be votable or admin setting.
                      I love you more than Bank loves you!

Shotgun damage shouldnt be changed from original Quake, though, I am a purist.
                      What about shotgun knockback? I think that's a great idea.

btw, your gonna break that putton if u play with it so much!
                      eh? edit: oh this v
                      Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 07-27-2006, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Ya that button, E3M1
                        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Correct! Elevator goes up! Elevator goes down! Elevator goes up! Elevator goes down!

Comment

Wacky weapon damage changes has no place in CA (aside from axe)
                            uakene.com

Comment

The axe has very little place in Quake.
                              e|------------------------0---------------
                              B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                              G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                              D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                              A|---------------0------------------------
                              E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X