Bomber Problem : System Spec's + CFG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomber Problem : System Spec's + CFG

Edited : I got sick of not being able to use GLPro in Bomber/DM+,and after thoroughly going through !everything! I Figured out the problem.

r_novis , have mod disable this upon connecting like it does r_wateralpha .
    CA+ servers disable this automatically when connecting,however CAx does not.

Whether this is the problem everyone else (3-4 people have mentioned FPS problems) is having is unknown.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-28-2006, 06:03 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Yeah, I had that problem on my old computer. r_novis 1 was what was lagging me bad all the time. I turned it off and since then got great framerates. It probably is everyone elses problem..

Comment

i have a non-old computer and will find that some maps (like the quake3 maps for quake1) run really slowly with bad fps. It's fixed when you disable r_novis. Maybe there's an oceans worth of water/slime/lava/teleporter that just eats up your fps.

I just don't use r_novis or transparent water anymore.

Comment

i was using it for transparent water too
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yea, hell, r_wateralpha disables it anyways. I'll disable r_novis also.

Comment

Q3DM6QW does not perform well with r_novis 1.

CAx should force r_novis 0 just like forcing r_wateralpha .5.

It's weird that the 2 maps that r_novis 1 gives me a problem with are Q3DM6QW and ORL's maps.

I know Mindz has a 800 Mhz machine is that true for you too Monster? Just wondering.

edit = Ok, Bam already is gonna do this. Post obsoleted by Bam, heheh.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

P-III 900mhz, how dare you jew me on 100 of it

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                It's weird that the 2 maps that r_novis 1 gives me a problem with are Q3DM6QW and ORL's maps.
                You should try it on LunSP1
                16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

It doesn't bother me so much. I ALWAYS get 60 fps even. (in glpro)
                  e|------------------------0---------------
                  B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                  G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                  D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                  A|---------------0------------------------
                  E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X