Quake server hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake server hosts

Looking for a host with a range of datacenters to choose from (mostly east/central) to host a server with two ports. Any recommendations/experiences? Thx
    Steam: chronage

It's pretty much consensus that the company that ran CHI (if that server isn't gone now) has a great price and everyone had incredible pings there.

That company is http://www.fatpipeserver.com/ and they do a special for Quake, $20 per month for 10 players and it may even be less depending if 3 months are paid in advance. They have various locations like Chicago and Dallas. (Even if they don't list the special on the "specials page", I've emailed them before and they said the special was good any time.)

The company that runs the most diverse set of Quake servers is Essentrix.net, which runs Shmack, the Fear server, CRMOD.com and Beatdown Alley. Last time I checked it was $4 per player +/- per month.

To contact Essentrix, you pretty much have to send an email to chris --at-- essentrix.net. Obviously, that company also ran the max.essentrix.net CA+ server.

Either is a good choice. Essentrix has an enormous amount of Quake experience.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Both of those seem very high for a quake server. You don't have to pay much more for a quake3 server of similar capacity. Surely the quake games use less bandwidth and server CPU than a quake3 game.

Comment

Working...
      X