Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massive performance drop when lights / torches are flickering - please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive performance drop when lights / torches are flickering - please help!

Massive performance drop when lights / torches are flickering - is there a fix or a way to stop the completely?

This is pretty niche port, but maybe someone here knows the reason this could be happening and help me solve it!
    I'm using
    this port: http://www.quakevr.com/gearvr-quakevr.html
    which is based on n0n3m4's QI4A, which is a port of darkplaces.

The game runs fine without realtime lighting except sometimes the fps drops a lot, the worse case in at the entrance map for episode 2, where there are 2 torches, it drop to 5 fps
    Interestingly, if realtime lighting is enable, it shoots UP to 15, but the game averages around 30 with realtime, so it's still not very playable.

However, if the console is open at that scene, and the game 'pause' stoppng the flickering of torches, it shoots up to 60 again

also if you slowdown the flicker with the slowmo 0.2 or something cvar, the fps also increases.

what can be causing this? I'm a novice, but I tried most documented graphic-related cvars for darkplaces to try to figure it out, but to no avail.

Please help, all 5 of us playing quake on gear vr would really appreciate it.

Lol... "The game runs fine without real-time lighting ~ except for random fps drops and never really getting good fps in the first place."

Sounds like your vr engine needs a lot of work.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
      Lol... "The game runs fine without real-time lighting ~ except for random fps drops and never really getting good fps in the first place."

Sounds like your vr engine needs a lot of work.
      They're not random. They only occur when there are flickering lights, like torches. It's solid 60 everywhere else, or when game is paused

Comment

Working...
      X