X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
    ************ ERROR ************
    SubdivideFace: Didn't split the polygon near (2615 788 10), altar1_6

i open the map file in note book but i can't seem to find the line (2615 788 10) do you guys know a place i can get more information about whats going wrong..(any good links)
    This error seems related to texture scaling / scaling brushes with texture lock engaged IIRC.

Select the brushes near the bad spot, and realign the textures on them with "Axial". Alternatively, select the area around the coordinates given, and reset all textures to "Axial" in the surface inspector (S).

Then rescale the ones that need to be scaled ("Fit").

If this doesn't help delete the part of the map around the coordinate where the error appears and rebuild. last hope is to use "Axial" on all brushes in your map.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• You haven't jacked up my thread at all. I can't speak for golden_boy but I wouldn't say you have jacked his up either. Both of us love to teach and share knowledge, this much I can say with confidence. What you call "jacked" I call "doing exactly what I hope you will do"...at least in my thread anyway. I'll teach you everything that I know and be glad to do it.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• AWWW where would i be with out the pros! (i would still trying to install the smc) lol

Comment

• I'm no pro and it makes me feel weird when you say that. If we use high school titles I am probably a Sophomore, and only in a Q1 mapping sense. Q3-wise I haven't even gone to class yet but, I read the Table of Contents in the textbook.

@your video - craaazy nutty stuff, my friend Keep at it, though! You get the basics for sure. You just need practice....so do I.

@no pro, feel weird - you don't have to apologize or anything. I just want you to know.

Comment

• What MG said.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• {scratches head} - If I read that right GB is saying he isn't pro either. Well what the hell is pro?! I take it back. If GB isn't pro then I haven't even gotten out of the 5th grade. He is my litmus test so to speak. If he isn't pro, then I have no clue what pro is and "the end" is so far away that I couldn't see it with a high power telescope.

WTF is pro?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                WTF is pro?
                Polycount | Polycount Recap

That.
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Ok, I get where you are going with that, but it raises a statement and a question.

statement: I am referring solely to mapping
                  question: How much of that is possible in Q3 (map wise)?

I mean, I can't become pro moto-cross practicing on a bicycle, but I can become pro BMX.

Comment

question: How much of that is possible in Q3 (map wise)?
                    Not much, due to technical limitations - lighting, lightmaps, lighting of models, compiler bugs, model exporter triangle count limits, lack of rendering features etc.

Still, it is possible to make pretty good looking maps with q3bsp, such as:

SimonOC - The Bridge Crane Concept, Info Page

and

Ferdinand List - Portfolio
                    Scout's Journey
                    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

WTF is pro?
                      Professional, as opposed to amateur, just means that you get paid for it.

Of course, if you're getting paid then you're *probably* good enough at it that you can justify your salary, but that's not the true meaning, yet it is the implication that generally comes to mind.
                      Some Game Thing

Comment

I mean, I can't become pro moto-cross practicing on a bicycle, but I can become pro BMX.
                        Actually You can't become PRO Moto-X without practicing on a BMX...
                        You gotta learn to walk before you run ect...
                        WARNING
                        May be too intense for some viewers.
                        Stress Relief Device
                        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                        ---------------------------
                        .--------------------------

Comment

• I'm sure there are some semantics in there somewhere, but you know what I am trying to say.

Comment

• I am setting up GTK Radiant 1.5 for windows 7 and going back through this section I see I will have a much easier time.
                            I am wondering if I did not miss some things such as some rather advanced asset inclusion.It seems from GB's ASE and mic_model comments that perhaps I may be able to insert cut scene like functions to a map without leaving it.
                            Is it possible to embed planes with movies as their material skins?
                            WARNING
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

• 1. ASE / misc_model only works for static mapmodels, ie models that don't have animations (they can be very large though, such as whole terrains, buildings or trees.)

2. Cutscenes without leaving the map: Yeah, you need some sort of QC that supports cameras, ideally camera lerping and daisy chaining. RMQ is an example that has those (look at e1m6rq demo how the grapplepoint near the start is explained via several cameras.) Then you animate your stuff in Blender, either using separate models or one single model, and spawn / trigger it to play the animation in the map. It's a combination of triggering some model to do something, and filming it with a camera (unless you want first person cutscenes, then you don't need the cameras.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lp2GUfC2iY]IQM running in RMQengine - YouTube[/ame]

You could trigger a sound file at the same time as the animation if someone needs to talk.

3. Yeah, I think FTE at least supports putting a video on a shader. I don't remember the shader directive right now though. It also supports watching youtube via a browser on a wall shader, too.

ASE misc_model needs q3bsp.
                              Scout's Journey
                              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                                1. ASE / misc_model only works for static mapmodels, ie models that don't have animations (they can be very large though, such as whole terrains, buildings or trees.)

2. Cutscenes without leaving the map: Yeah, you need some sort of QC that supports cameras, ideally camera lerping and daisy chaining. RMQ is an example that has those (look at e1m6rq demo how the grapplepoint near the start is explained via several cameras.) Then you animate your stuff in Blender, either using separate models or one single model, and spawn / trigger it to play the animation in the map. It's a combination of triggering some model to do something, and filming it with a camera (unless you want first person cutscenes, then you don't need the cameras.)

IQM running in RMQengine - YouTube

You could trigger a sound file at the same time as the animation if someone needs to talk.

3. Yeah, I think FTE at least supports putting a video on a shader. I don't remember the shader directive right now though. It also supports watching youtube via a browser on a wall shader, too.

ASE misc_model needs q3bsp.
                                AWESOME Thanks!
                                So I assume the video must be shot in a limited palette to match the engines?
                                WARNING
                                Stress Relief Device
                                ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Working...
                                X