warpzones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warpzones

well, from xonotic and nepenthe i ripped this little code to get some warpzones in quake
    I added a modified dm4 to show a little examples of this

you also can make cameras (like xonotic) , maybe the shader is a little ugly, you can use "pretty water" or something like that!!
    I think that will be a great experience play quake with warpzones in multplayer.
    Feel free to test and code!
    Included source of qc and maps
    warp.rar
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Hello Nahuel,

Thank you for your warpzone code.
    I knew, that I saw this before:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN7McP2AB1c]warpzone test - YouTube[/ame]

You improve your things steadily.
    Great !

But please, keep focus on your exames too...
    Coding is fun, but exames are sometimes more important my friend.

Best of luck for your,
    Seven

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post

Best of luck for your,
      Seven
      yeah, i have to study :/ qc is my tentation! thanks for the advice

syluxman2803

Comment

this will be added to the SMC ?

Comment

Originally posted by soosel View Post
          It must first serve a purpose? I don't think vanilla maps will have a use for this. Actually, the only guy I ever knew to enjoy warpzones was MARIO. haha
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

COOL IM GONNA GIVE IT A LOOK! if you are on one side of a telport and monster is on the other could you kill him by shooting inside the telaport?

Comment

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
              COOL IM GONNA GIVE IT A LOOK! if you are on one side of a telport and monster is on the other could you kill him by shooting inside the telaport?
              yeah but inside the warpzone, warpzones are very different to teleporters

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by soosel View Post
                i do not think so, because quake vanilla or mission packs doesn´t have warpzones, just xonotic dm maps has warpzones.

syluxman2803

Comment

am I understanding it correctly when its just a different form of Teleporter?

how about a VIDEO that would be endlessly self-descriptive .

ps : Is this XonoticOne.com ??? just checking!
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    Hello Nahuel,

Thank you for your warpzone code.
                    I knew, that I saw this before:
                    warpzone test - YouTube

You improve your things steadily.
                    Great !

Best of luck for your,
                    Seven
                    Thanks seven for the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                      am I understanding it correctly when its just a different form of Teleporter?

how about a VIDEO that would be endlessly self-descriptive .

ps : Is this XonoticOne.com ??? just checking!
                      teleporter just changes the origin, warpzones render a different place of a map and add physics to player and entities, is a very different stuff with advanced ss and cs qc work and glsl shaders.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                        ... is a very different stuff with advanced ss and cs qc work and glsl shaders.

Yes, and only for advanced coders like Nahuel

Comment

It makes sense now, thanks Nahuel. Thats a really really nice feature, is it dependent on the engine? Or can it be utilized in already existing mods?

Like could I toss a warpzone @ the RL on dm3 in a CAx server or a CRMod server and at other points of the map all via QC? That would be neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                            It makes sense now, thanks Nahuel. Thats a really really nice feature, is it dependent on the engine? Or can it be utilized in already existing mods?

Like could I toss a warpzone @ the RL on dm3 in a CAx server or a CRMod server and at other points of the map all via QC? That would be neat.
                            oh i forgive this, works only on darkplaces, i believe maybe is possible to get something like that in fte but i am not sure. To add warpzones you need to edit the maps. is very simple stuff, you only need to add some brushes and adjust the "point of view" of the warpzones. To the multiplayer online i believe works very fine (xonotic has it with no issues)

Seven: I just ripped the code from nepenthe and xonotic i am not a really qc advanced programmer!! Your skills in qc are like mine skills, but i works with csqc - and that is my advantage!!!

syluxman2803

Comment

This mod is sexy! Why isn't this in Quake as a standard?
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                              X