nail-position fix for quake and mission-packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nail-position fix for quake and mission-packs

lot of people (including me) seem to be bothered by the fact the position of nails coming from nailgun in quake and mission-packs seems to be incorrect in standard quake.

i like to play quake in DP without any kinda addons sometimes too, and it always bothered me that in standard quake the position of nails coming from the nailgun seems to be off.
    thanx to seven's great help ive managed to apply the nails position fix he made to both mission-packs as well

seven proposed perhaps it was a good idea to make a completely new thread for this, so le voila

NORMAL QUAKE

HYPNOTIC

ROGUE

nail-position fix for standard quake -by seven
    nail-position fix for both mission-packs
    updated fixes for ROGUE / MP2 DoE V1.11 >now includes seven's fix for buzzsaws which were broken in 2014 DP-builds!

the fix for missionpack2 AKA rogue includes fixes for the elevator in R1M7 and includes fix for the plasma-gun not firing as well,
    and now also includes fix for broken buzzsaws in 2014 DP builds, which are all done by seven! thanx for those couple fixes seven

these progs.dat are engine-independant, and thus will work with ANY engine!
    they include no other features from SMC or such, they only fix nail-position of nailgun in both quake and mission-packs
    Last edited by talisa; 06-13-2014, 08:51 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

models, skins,and now some qc talisa i can't wate tell you share a map!

Comment

This is promising, but unfortunately I can't put one for rogue because I have a bug fix that helps the plasma gun and elevator. Even if I rename as "any".dat, it does not work. At least the nailgun still works even without the position fix.

Comment

frost in weapons.qc in w_firespikes
        replace
        Code:
        launch_spike (self.origin + '0 0 16' + v_right*ox, dir);
        with this
        Code:
        launch_spike (self.origin + self.view_ofs + v_up * -8 + v_right*ox, dir);//Seven
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

well the nailgun fix is progs.dat file and i have a different but fix that is a progs.dat file to. So I can't make it work by renaming to avoid copying.

Comment

@frost
            as i said in the first post, my progs.dat includes those bug-fixes from seven too
            so you'll only need my progs.dat, it includes seven's fixes

also, quake wont read the file if its named different then progs.dat, and it can only read one progs.dat at a time, so if you renamed it DP simply wont read it.

but as i said, you will can just replace the progs.dat you got from seven with mine, my progs.dat includes the plasmagun and elevator-fix from seven too

@rook
            that is for the SNG i assume? as far as i can tell there is nothing wrong with the SNG nails-position?
            or is it incorrect in standard quake? if there is i never noticed it
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
              the fix for missionpack2 AKA rogue includes fixes for the elevator in R1M7 and includes fix for the plasma-gun not firing as well, which are both done by seven! thanx for these two fixes seven
              .... I did not see that.

By the way the elevator and plasma gun fix was based on a request I made for seven and made one for me, but I did not see that coming.

(face palm) man I felt like an idiot.

Comment

lol is ok, it happens. people overlook things all the time

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                  @rook
                  that is for the SNG i assume? as far as i can tell there is nothing wrong with the SNG nails-position?
                  or is it incorrect in standard quake? if there is i never noticed it

The "nailgun fix" as you call it, contains 2 different modifications:
                  1.) projectile position (left/right) adjustment for nailgun
                  2.) projectile position adjustment when aiming upwards

to 1.) The offset value is changed from 4/-4 to 3/-3 to bring the projectiles closer to the center of the screen. Which means in this case, closer to the "mouth" of your nailgun.
                  This is only necessary for the nailgun (not supernailgun, as their projectiles are spawned without offset !).

to 2.) When aiming upwards, both Nailguns need a fix to always spawn their projectiles out of the guns mouth and not out of your face/eyes. This is done by bringing your view angle into account.

By the way, you did not include source files in your download, which is not good.
                  I spoke about it in the "small mod compilation" thread...

Be sure that you corrected point 2.) for both Nailguns and re-release if necessary.

Best wishes,
                  Seven

Comment

@seven
                    of course, can and will do. later ill repack them again and include the source files

also yush yush, ive added the fixes to both the weapons.qc and the player.qc.
                    i misunderstood what rooks post was about, but i see now its about the same fix in weapons.qc that i already applied, lol

Comment

I've been having a little problem with the egyptian level in DoE, in different times the guardian does not appear or comes out in delay after I defeated the four mummies. But it works if I load or restart the level by typing "kill" in the console. I don't know if it is the engine build I'm using for rogue or the nail position fix for rogue. I need to know what the problem is and how to fix it.

Anyways, I'm using a 2012 darkplaces build for rogue. Also keeping the standard quake look.
                      Last edited by Frost R17; 05-14-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Would this also fix the nail/muzzle flash in DarkPlaces?
                        I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                        But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

@shambler
                          no this mod doesnt include muzzle-flashes or such.
                          as i said in the first post, it includes only nailposition-fix, and the plasma- and elevator-fix in darkplaces.
                          it doesnt include any features which werent in standard quake

@frost
                          i think this is an engine-bug and not related to my QC,
                          i didnt touch anything at all QC-wise except the weapons.qc and the player.qc to fix the nails-position.
                          ive used seven's modified rogue qc with fixes to build upon.

Comment

Alright, I'll try using a 2011 build for Rogue. I still have one in my files and it is recommended by seven.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Since this mod contains fixes for MP2, a question, possibly directed at Seven:

I realized that aguirRe provided a bugfixed version of the Rogue progs.dat with his reviewed/fixed version of "The Night Journey". My question(s) would be: Are you aware of these fixes, do you know what was actually fixed and there and if so, have these changes been implemented into your own progs.dat fix?

I'd just like to know which one is better/more complete (or if it's possible to merge both if something is missing).
                              Authentic Models Pack
                              OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                              LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Working...
                              X