No announcement yet.

plague SNG with reflect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are missing the point Seven. You should re-read last few posts on the previous page. If I understood correctly:

We wrote ( or have copied from somewhere ) some incorrect shaders, more or less meant for world textures and use them for models.
    They work because DP ignores most of the script. If one day DP receives full shaders support, these incorrect shaders probably will stop working.
    Spike could add dpreflectcube support to FTE, but supporting DP materials won't help if we keep using broken shaders.

{
    map / animap texture path
    rgbgen lightingDiffuse
    }

Is a proper script for models and will work on both DP and FTE.
    Last edited by _Smith_; 06-24-2013, 08:11 AM.
    Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Hello Smith,

My posts did not focus the specific content of this thread.
      I was always speaking in general.
      Maybe that is why some words got misunderstood…

The shader of this thread here has only 1 important keyword: dpreflectcube
      Which is a DP-custom one.

I remember the thread (more than 1 year ago) where Nahuel taught us about:
      dpreflectcube and dp_reflect
      That was the time where webangel started her aniMap driven world textures, which many people use till today (including myself).
      In that thread many people grouped up and were working together, creating new fascinating stuff, like:
      - lightbeams
      - dpreflectcube on models
      - dp_reflect on window textures
      - dp_refract on teleporters
      - aniMap world textures
      - …
      It was a thread full of new ideas, trial & errors and a lot of great people.

For modders, these kind of things are really fun to play with.
      They don’t have/need full Q3A shader support, but are still quite impressive and beautiful.
      That was what I tried to explain in my above posts.
      Modders do not need much to be happy (like a child).

I personally do not believe that LH will implement full Q3A shader support into DP in the near future.
      DP supports those limited Q3A shaders for quite a long time now.
      If he would have wanted to implement them completely, he would have done it long time already.
      There are several new keywords implemented from time to time though (webangel uses a fairly new one for her Afrit skin).
      There are other things he is more focused/concerned about for his engine I think.
      ... but what do I know ?

Best regards

Comment

DP material is a bit higher level access with all it entails, there is nothing more do say.
        No one is criticising DP for anything and your lecturing is pointless, because no one said anything like what you're arguing against

If I understood Spike correctly, for a model, this for example is a gibberish:
        Code:
        b_shell1
        {

{
        	animMap 2 textures/b_shell1_0.tga textures/b_shell1_1.tga 
        	alphaGen vertex
        	rgbGen identity
        	depthFunc equal
        	}

{
              	map $lightmap
              	rgbGen identity
            	blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
             	depthFunc equal
        	}

}
        It works only because DP ignores what it says to do and will break on an engine that will actually try to execute it, like FTE.
        So, in a way, it breaks compatibility with other engines, for no reason. It should be changed to:
        Code:
        b_shell1
        {
        	{
        	animMap 2 textures/b_shell1_0.tga textures/b_shell1_1.tga 
        	rgbgen lightingDiffuse 
        	}
        }
        Because of all the reasons mentioned in this thread, shader scripts for models, written or copied from each other by ignorants like we and released on this forum, should be fixed.
        If you've acknowledged this already then sorry, but your posts didn't give me impression that you did.
        Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

ive tried spike's suggested changes to the shader file, and in-game it looks the exact same as before.

i will update both SNG and lava-SNG soon to use new short shader without unnecesary lines which the engine doesnt even use
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

just did an update to the shader included.

cleaned up the script by removing some lines which the engine didnt even use and simply ignored cuz the surface didnt even support some of the shader-commands used.
            the visual in-game is still the exact same as before

updated pk3 with cleaned-up shader can be found in first post
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

just made a lil update to the SNG to make it compatible with the new Q3A-like quad-effect from nahuel that seven added to the SMC

DOWNLOAD UPDATE FOR USE WITH SMC Q3A QUAD-EFFECT

Comment

Very nice! You have brought me some nice idea! Thank you. Is it not the qdp water shader or the water texture? I think you could use the same effect to make some nice predators.

Comment

its a scrolling overlay which was achieved with QC, it was originally coded by nahuel
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...s-weapons.html
                  its based on the effect you see on weapons in Q3A when you pick up quad

seven implented this cool effect into the Small Mod Compilation in the latest update
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post143957
                  check the 3rd clip in that post to see the effect

Comment

Talisa thanks for making some other options for the new smc! i hope you will do a few of the other packs. your efforts are appreciated.

Comment

welcome JD

and oh sure i could do that
                      i could fix plague's weapon-pack for use with the new SMC Q3quad feature?

dont know if there are any other weapon-packs?
                      seven already included a pack of patched weapons for the new Q3quad effect which are mostly ruohis' models with the SMC

or... i could make a pack for those who want to use the original quake-models with the new effect?

or are the any specific models you'd want to be able to use with the new Q3quad effect?

Comment

i have not had much time to play lately let alone customize the new smc weapon pack. i think i should be able to pull the ID guns from nahuel mod. befor the update i have been useing a mixed pack of guns if your inspired to work on converting the other to work i think it would be outstanding.

the weather has been nice hear and i have been spending a lot of time kicking it at the park and laying in the hammock. theres no internet conection out there so its been a wile. as soon as i get board being a dirty hippy ill jump back throw a slipgate and get back to the killing.

Comment

Thanks!
                          Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

yw vegetous! hope you'll enjoy using plagues SNG with new Q3quad feature from SMC

its personally by far my fave SNG-model, it looks so awesum <3

Comment

Working...
                            X