X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake HD Remastered

Admin Edit >>>

Do not post any downloads which contain any sort of non-freeware/non-shareware stuff in it.

Do not post any downloads in which you did not include all proper licenses and attributions to other authors' works.

This is your warning. Next time you will be presented with this:

[/Thread]
    Last edited by Solecord; 10-19-2013, 08:24 AM.

Originally posted by Canarious View Post
    ... an illegal post ...
    Really?
    Why??

Please stop this repacking shit. Everyone can download some packs and repack it to something "new", and "selfmade".

Damn really??

I dont understand the propulsion behind thisSorry if my vocabulary is wrong)

You did nothing, just copy the .pk3s. Evtl. you extracted some of them..

So why. Why this must be a fourth moddb entry??
    Sorry I didnt like this kind of community.
    We have more repackers then releasers atm.
    Sorry I dont understand this................

@Seven, I´m sorry. I love your newest work which I have discoverd after my holiday. But this Repackers (@ MODDB!!!!!!!!) are to much for me right now.
    I hope you are active with your work in the future. Best regards,

I will always love this game, but to much is to much...

w@
    Last edited by Solecord; 10-19-2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

^^ yaya
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

The repack was done with mods extracted from other mods so it's not just a copy paste repack. I took some from others that I felt were the best out of all the packs and put it together that way. I wanted to share this repack with everyone because it's easy to use, looks amazing, optimized, and conflict free. I figured that since people enjoy your work at least I would be honored to see that everyone still today enjoys playing with it. This is also for those that have conflicts with their mods so that they can get a full experience of what it takes to make it work.

Comment

seriously, another one of those supposed 'super amazing HD packs' ?

you gotta be f-ing kidding me
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Did you include all the license/read_me etc files from other peoples work? If so, they should be thanking you. Who cares how many times something is repackaged as long as all the proper license/credit is included.

Just like Talisas signature used to say, there is no one-size-fits-all HD Quake. Maybe your repack is just what some people want.

If you didn't include the proper credit, you are a douche bag. Otherwise, good job making other peoples work more widespread. And to think, they didn't even pay you.
            Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-16-2013, 11:30 PM.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Anyone else want some popcorn? ...

I've said before what I think about this, I tend to agree with MG here, no need to become hysterical.

Please look around and notice how much "stealing" goes on in the Quake mod community. Everyone uses stuff done by everyone else. It's not like Seven owns most of the stuff in SMC, if we want to start counting beans. SMC itself is a compilation mod.

@ Planetnine: Agreed. Very measured response.
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Missed many credits too. Some of my work is included too.

Comment

I took out a lot of fluff as I could and gave the respects to the owners of the mods and texture packages in this forum post so even if the guys that made these mods and textures hate me for repackaging this, I'm still proud of their hard work and appreciate them for all they did which is why I posted this in the first place. So ya, thank you quake modders for allowing this to be possible. If I missed your credit, I will gladly edit the post and put you in there. This was put together with a lot of stuff lost through time from the amount of time I took between school and work to put it all together. If you don't want to be appreciated for your work, then why make anything at all?
                  Last edited by Canarious; 10-16-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Virtuoso gamepack for radiant is mostly a compilation of compilers made by other people. It also uses the .ent from the q1 gamepack and is primarily an edit of darkplaces.game.

I would be a gigantic hypocrite if I made a fuss about compilations. I would also like to say that compilations are a lot of work. Even though 99% of the tools were already built I still had to create a system for people to be able to use them and switch between them with ease as well as a way to organize everything.

I doubt that this kind of a compilation, although different in many regards, is different in regards to the amount of effort it takes to create one. I draw parallels to my radiant mod, because I think "compilation" has gone the way of "conspiracy theorist" and has lost it's true meaning. Maybe this post can be one of those "Well, when you put it that way..." kind of things.
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-16-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Canarious, it is usually expected that you include credits, readme files etc. inside your mod so they are distributed with every copy. I think everyone does it that way, not just in the Quake community. It's considered common courtesy. You included that stuff, right?
                      Scout's Journey
                      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

This guy is obviously a new poster/member and as older members of the community we need to encourage people not chase them off with negativity. Even if you don't like these combined super paks then just skip the post.
                        Why do new people get special treatment? Negativity has killed projects by older members as well. I read a texture/shader (I forget which) project just yesterday that was killed with negativity. I've seen others.

Actually, negativity inspires the most participation here. If you have a project going it may get practically no user participation but, say something questionable or let your project offend someone and participation goes through the roof. Negative participation, of course.

That's the whole fucking problem.

Comment

haha you all very weird and that's pretty common to Q1... that's it hehe.

Must be like... when it's about your baby you going to fight to death right.

I've learned to live with that and even negativity is part of the whole... then it depens your personality to move on or not.

Comment

Why do new people get special treatment?
                            I don't know if I'd call it this as much as the common courtesy also spoke of here. I agree that anyone putting together a "compilation" of the work of others, and perhaps even some of their work, should give all of the proper credits to the authors of the works included. That's common courtesy!

I also have to admit I fail to understand the animosity directed towards those that put these "compilations" together. Why is that? If there are no credits then I get it, but otherwise what's the issue? Isn't it a compliment to the long and dedicated hours an author put into a project if someone wants to include it in one of these "compilations"? If there are no credits then point it out politely to the creator of the "compilation". That's COMMON COURTESY! Why is it we want to be so mean and lose sight of the main reason we come to this forum?...Because we love Quake and love to make it better!
                            How about remembering that and encouraging people to follow the rules rather than jump down their throats! Common courtesy again. If they refuse then ban them. Why stoop down to get ugly at all. I am sick of getting off of work, wanting to see what is new on the forum and then reading some crappy rant against something and arguing that usually amounts to nothing more than a pissing contest.
                            What was accomplished...NOTHING...and you alienate one another and anyone new that would like to come in to this forum.

Yes, I don't have to read them and often skip them if I see they are going in a negative direction, which we all can do, but I know that that kind of discussion can and should be done in private and not on the public part of the forum.

Common courtesy can go a long way guys!

Regards all

Comment

@Planetnine
                              I agree that constructive criticism is critical, it is also how the criticism is worded and the approach of those offering the criticism. It is unfortunate that sometimes something can be taken as totally negative when that was not the intent of the author. Typed words cannot convey tone of voice nor body language. Here I mostly saw total negativity initially.

Comment

Working...
                              X