Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For malice lovers and playing with qrack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For malice lovers and playing with qrack!

So I've had these for quite some time now. I thought I would share this with all of you finally. Now, for the people who like using Qrack and playing mods or TCs on it. I made special menus that fit Malice for Qrack's custom menu.

So Malice's mainmenu.lmp and mp_menu.lmp come out like this on Qrack. Not to mention since you probably have a 24-bit texture menu for Qrack, everything ends up looking like this!

A total mess right? So you might already be aware of -no24bit or -no24bitwad.

This seems to kind of fix it, but as you can clearly tell. The mainmenu.lmp and mp_menu.lmp don't match up to Qrack's selector. Not to mention, with no24bit enabled, a lot of Qrack's neat features go missing.

New spiffy menus that accommodate Qrack's menu system! Along with the rest of the menu graphics, all lmp files have been converted to tga. No more conflicting with Qrack's main 24-bit remakes!

I didn't stop there, this next section is useful for every other advanced engine using the QRP package or any other set of base 24-bit Quake textures. So what happens when you load Malice on an engine with QRP installed and a lot of textures share the same name? This.

Eeeeek. Obviously out of place. Malice uses the same texture names such as z_exit and techp_2. Unfortunately, it uses some exact model names. Such as the keys.

So I decided to take time and look through every texture name that matches the base textures, along with models (really just the keys afaik). I then converted them to png and even added _luma files for the ones with brights!

So I hope a lot of you can find these useful, I did have a lot of time on my hands one day lol.

PAK4.PAK

This pak file contains the spiffy new menu, along with all the lmp files converted to tga and converted wad textures. Just put it into your Malice folder.

MALICE TEXTURES

Extract this into your Malice folder. This folder contains all the textures which bare the same name as the Quake base textures for each map, as well as the two keys. This also includes player_0, player_0_pants, and player_0_shirt for you Qrack users. Feel free to delete them if you don't have any use for them.

I suggest typing gl_consolefont "" if you're using Qrack, so you use the original charset. Then of course making sure gl_smoothfont is set to "1"

Also, if anyone is interested. I edited all the v models and removed the muzzleflashes. As they come out funny when interpolated in most modern engines. This also allows for cl_muzzleflash "1" to look better. Of course it may look slightly off, as that command is really for the stock weapons. Pm me if you want them.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Trickle; 11-07-2013, 07:57 AM.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

This is just what I've been looking for! Thanks! Those pesky textures, malice and stuff... Good Job!

Edit: This is awesome, bro! Now when I go here (and other places):

it's not all messed up. Thanks again for your hard work!
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 11-08-2013, 02:52 AM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Thanks! I'm glad you found it useful. Yeah, similar texture names get annoying. But then again, I don't think anyone expected 24-bit texture remakes in the late 90s. I even did this with certain TF maps. 2mach1 actually uses two Quake II textures that bare the same name as stock ones. Other than Malice, I actually converted almost all of Abyss of Pandemonium’s textures. It seems that more than 90% of the mod's textures share the same name. Most of them are just slightly altered base textures. But yeah, definitely pesky!

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Some malice love!

I'm surprised at the hard work of the community sometimes, it's inspiring!

Comment

I signed up here because of this post so I could say thanks for the good work

Comment

Working...
          X