No announcement yet.

My quake darkplaces build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting shots. I would like to know more about the textures you are using.

Comment

Comment

https://googledrive.com/host/0B-baJR...7004217-00.jpg

Comment

Comment

no offense.... but dayum, imo thats some seriously ugly-as-fuck lava-texture

webangel's version of seven's "DP new-lava" looks a million times better

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post133329

also, your lights seem waaaaay to intense, your lights are so strong they color the entire area into a single color, and the brightness of the world itself is set to way to low
            just look at your pics.... the contrast is way to high between lighted and dark areas, everything in your screenshots is so dark its pitch-black or its made completely blue, white, red or yellow by the lights
            and there is no in-between, its either "black as ink" OR "super overly brightened" by the superstrong lights

the darkness of your setup is way to high, and the lights are way to intense, which doesnt look fancy but looks like shit imo.
            lights shouldnt color an entire area into a single color, they should be subtle and add to the atmosphere of the area
            Last edited by talisa; 12-21-2013, 08:08 PM.
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

some pics of how the same areas in some of your screenshots look like in my setup,
              to show what i mean about that there should be more contrast between bright and dark areas,
              and that your lights are waaay to strong, while they should be more subtle and not so over-powering

you see how in my screenshots there is more contrast between light and dark areas, instead of OR "pitch-black" OR "super-overbright" like in your screenshots?
              and see how the lights are more subtle and not so overly present and over-powering? lights shouldnt turn an entire area completely blue or such
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Yeah talisa, your shots look a lot more "realistic" and much more frightening.

Comment

my lava is prettyy)be) SHE IS improved shader)

Comment

Working...
                  X