No announcement yet.

OriOn's ID1 model fixes for MP1+2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot for the fixed Plasmagun model, Henry! I guess it's based on the one from my mod, so I can use it directly for an update of this.

Well, I initially didn't intend to include any progs.dat files with this mod to begin with, but at the end I found that at least the nailgun projectile positioning fixes are something nice that everybody would probably want.

In general, I would like to keep this mod FitzQuake compatible as it was more or less intended mainly for that (and other engines that preserve the "vanilla look").

*EDIT April 24, 2015*
    For the time being, I simply reverted progs.dat for DoE back to v1.1 which didn't have the buzzsaw fix included. I assume the R1M7 elevator fix won't do any harm in there, either. At least I didn't see any problem with it when playing MP2 with FitzQuake Mk V last year.

Version 1.2a has been uploaded:
    [ID1] Texture seam fix for Thunderbolt improved
    [ROGUE] Fixed Plasmagun model by Henry (electric beams removed)
    Texture seam fix for Plasmagun improved
    Reverted progs.dat back to v1.1 (buzzsaw fix undone)
    Last edited by NightFright; 04-24-2015, 01:26 PM.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Yes, reverting back to your older mod will most probably not break with any engine. People who want to play with DP will have to fix other things, independent to your mod, anyway. That should maybe be mentioned in your readme. Just to be sure people will not blame you as the culprit

Comment

It's just a pity that any other progs.dat you use will override the fixes in this mod, e.g. if you play addons like Travail which comes with its own file, the nail position fixes are gone again. But well, the game works like that and besides patching each and every progs.dat manually, there's probably nothing that can be done about it.

*EDIT April 28, 2015*
        Updated the packs once more. Seems some people still had blue pixels on their weapons, so I decided to get rid of the blue skin background for all remaining weapons once and for all. Black is the new texture background color - which is hopefully enough to cover all the seams reliably.
        Last edited by NightFright; 04-28-2015, 09:37 AM.
        Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Hello NightFright,

I have read about your request at func msgboard for the mission pack 2 Lunaran knight skin. It is a miracle for me how the func msgboard Forum really works, so I cannot post there. Instead I´d like to post here. As you see there are already several skins included in his model. That exactly same way you can also add the statue skin.

I think you asked your question because of your authentic-mod here ?

Best wishes,
          Seven

Comment

Pretty much. The thing is since the model isn't the same and skin adjustments have been made in the Lunaran model, the original DoE skin won't work the way it comes out of the box. You'd need to edit it, and for that I am lacking skills.

This is what I mean:
            Last edited by NightFright; 05-08-2015, 07:04 AM.
            Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Hello Nightfright,

This is Lunarans Knight with additional statue skin for your authentic-mod.

Best wishes,
              Seven

Download

Last edited by Seven; 05-23-2015, 11:51 AM.

Comment

thanx seven! i personally am actually very intersted in that too
                as i keep a setup with only debugged models and authentic improved models to play once in a while for nostalgia-sake
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Holy Shambler! That's amazing, Seven! Thanks a lot for that!

You don't happen to have the resourcefulness to also provide a fitting h_knight skin since Lunaran also included that?
                  Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Most excellent Seven. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hello,

I did not expect so many people are interested.
                      So I reworked the skins a little bit, as I used slightly different color palette in QME before. Now the statue skins and visuals are identical to the pixel in both models.

Head gib is also included now. That one was a bit more difficult...

Download

Have fun. And Thank you Lunaran for this great model.
                      Seven

Last edited by Seven; 05-23-2015, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Praise Seven for his awesomeness!

I have uploaded an update for the model improvement pack in the other thread to include the final version of the Knight Statue (+ head gibs).
                        Authentic Models Pack

Comment

What will be the next authentic monster model? And who is working on it?
                          Who is taking the baton from Lunaran and capnbubs and runs to the finish line?

Comment

Working...
                          X