OriOn's ID1 model fixes for MP1+2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OriOn's ID1 model fixes for MP1+2

I didn't find this anywhere online, so I decided to make it by myself. It wasn't that hard to do, anyway.

Many of you surely know OriOn's debugged ID1 models. They are nice to have if you like to play vanilla Quake with minimal yet useful improvements to the models, especially the HUD weapons. This isn't available for MP1+2, even though most weapons are just reskins of the grenade launcher, nailgun etc. from original Quake.

What does it do?
    It is OriOn's debugged models with the skins from the mission packs so that you can enjoy the improvements from the ID1 pack also there. To be more specific:

[ALL] Fixes for texture seams on several v_weapons (only visible in some ports)
    [ALL] Nailgun projectile positioning fixes (via progs.dat)
    [MP1] Fixed Proximity Gun (v_prox and g_prox)
    [MP2] Fixed Lava Nailguns (v_lava, v_lava2), Multi-Grenade/Rocket Launcher (v_multi, v_multi2), Plasmagun (v_plasma)

It is especially visible for the Proximity Gun which doesn't have any sloped muzzle any more. For convenience purposes, this release also contains OriOn's ID1 pack (slightly improved in v1.1+) so that everything is complete.

--------------------------------------------------
    * PACK UPDATED: April 28, 2015 *

Download v1.3 here (593 KB, zipped):
    Quaketastic.com
    Mega
    --------------------------------------------------

How to use:
    - Unzip zipfile contents into your Quake dir
    - Rename the "pakx.pak" files in ID1, HIPNOTIC and ROGUE dirs so that they are the next ones loaded after the last in that folder, e.g. "pak2.pak" for ID1 (if you have pak0/pak1 there).

Credits:
    - id Software/Hipnotic Software/Rogue Entertainment (weapon models/skins)
    - OriOn (original ID1 model fixes)
    - OoPpEe (Quake QC edits)
    - Seven (original fixes for nail positioning and MP2 issues)
    - talisa (progs.dat compilation of seven's SMC fixes)
    - Henry (edited v_plasma.mdl with electric beam removed)
    Last edited by NightFright; 04-28-2015, 09:33 AM.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Thanks!
    Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

There is one remaining issue with these models, though. At least in Fitzquake Mk V, the Super Nailgun has two visible seams at the muzzle which appear bright blue (see attachment).

If anybody knows how to fix these (either by skin or model adjustment), please feel free to assist. This would affect the Lava SNG (from MP2) as well, btw.
      Attached Files
      Authentic Models Pack

Comment

i use these models myself two and i noticed the slight seam as well.
        the shotgun also has a slight seam on the left side

ive fixed both for myself by adding some extra lines of pixels on the texture where the seam is
        and dropping the updated textures in the progs folder so they get used instead of normal skin\

can share them with you if you want?
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Sure thing! And if you can also do it for the Lava-SNG (or at least show me where/how you changed the original SNG skin), I will exchange the mdl-internal skins via Quark and update the pack. ^^

*EDIT*
          I see the front part of the super shotgun also needs a correction. You have to look closely on the screenshot I attached, but you see that the edges of the muzzle have a blue pixel border.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NightFright; 02-02-2014, 01:02 PM.
          Authentic Models Pack

Comment

yeah ive also done it for the lava-SNG myself already

hmm i dun see in-game what you say about the SG, it doesnt have a blue line at end of barrels for me
            ah well, i can add an extra line of pixels at the end of the barrels on texture for ya anyway

here are updated skins for the debugged weapons which have some extra pixels added to solve the blue pixels that were visible before
            https://anonfiles.com/file/38f1d629c...b452299ffbd8b0
            if you could update the internal skins of the models with my updated textures that would be great
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Very well. In the end, I made it without the files you provided, talisa (I had to work with the original PCX files from the models to maintain max compatibility). Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and inspiration. ^^

The pack is updated. All weapons should look perfectly fine now, without having to use external model skin replacements. As a bonus, I added the fixes by Seven/talisa from this thread.

Changelog v1.1:
              [ALL] Progs.dat fixes (by seven/talisa) added
              [ID1] Texture seam fixes: Shotgun, Super Shotgun, Super Nailgun
              [ROGUE] Texture seam fix: Super Lava Nailgun

Oh, and I also added a proper readme now with how-tos, credits and stuff. ^^
              Authentic Models Pack

Comment

sure thing on the help

thanx for this fix for the debugged models.
                it always bugged me that there were small blue lines visible on SG and SNG,
                nice to be able to just use the debugged weapons now without additional skin-textures to fix the seams

Comment

Sorry for bumping. The links are down.

Comment

Hello SDY,

This is the link to his Ver1.1 .zip file. As far as I know that is his latest one. Quaketastic links will not get down (not as long as Spirit is among us).

DOWNLOAD

Best wishes.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Seven!

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                        Quaketastic links will not get down (not as long as Spirit is among us).
                        It's been run by SleepwalkR for several years now, I did not want to continue running it. You can trust him as much as me. I do semi-regular backups/mirrors too just to be safe.
                        Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Hi folks!

Just wanted to tell you I applied a minor update to the pack. Main reason for it was that I had new issues with the Thunderbolt model (shimmering seams on both sides which weren't there before I got a new PC) and tried to take care of it this way. While being at it, I also changed some other stuff which was bothering me for some time already.

BTW: No idea how the Plasmagun fix could have worked before with the wrong filename, but I guess that's one of the miracles that can happen in Quake...

Changelog for the new version (v1.2):
                          [ID1] Texture seam fix for Thunderbolt
                          [ROGUE] Texture seam fix for Plasmagun
                          Corrected name for Plasmagun mdl (v_light --> v_plasma)
                          Updated progs.dat with buzzsaw fix by Seven (from June 13, 2014)

Would be nice if the Quaketastic mirror got updated, too.
                          Last edited by NightFright; 04-23-2015, 08:03 AM.
                          Authentic Models Pack

Comment

NightFright, with your new version v1.2 you are breaking compatibility with many engines.

A) The buzzsaw fix is only necessary and made especially for DP + FTE. With other engines like DirectQ, Quakespam or Qrack for example it will not work and things get even worse. The last named engines do not need any fix for the buzzsaws. Even WinQuake works fine and doesnt need it.
                            The buzzsaw fix for DP + FTE also needs special .ent files to fully work. You did not include them in your .pak.
                            If you want to implement the buzzsaw fix, you need to create 2 different .pak´s. One for DP+FTE and One for the rest. And explain it in your readme in detail.

B) Original mission pack 2 does not have plasma gun animations. It was implemented by OoPpEe as original animation-less plasma gun looks somehow weird. The downside of this mod is, that you will now see the beam between the bolts like the regular lightning gun, as the beam is part of the model. And the plasma gun is a direct copy of the lightning gun with some modified texture stripes.
                            What you want to do to get rid of it (as you requested in the other thread) is to delete the beam polygons inside the v_plasma.mdl. That is all you need.
                            I did this for you. Find the download below.
                            The plasma gun animation code works in all engines, so you can leave it as it is.

C) Your question about the "plasma gun fix": This fix is again only necessary for DP. All other engines have no issue with the projectile movement of the plasma gun. But it doesnt hurt other engines, so you can leave it in the progs.dat for all engines.

D) If you want to play Quake and its mission packs with the Darkplaces engine, you must enable at least one gameplay fix. Otherwise you will not be able to finish several maps due to missing keys and stuff. Read more infos about it in this thread. So you need to enable the cvar in the autoexec of your dedicated "DP-version" and explain it in your readme. For even more DP issues with mission packs, please read this post. Those have been fixed with qc mods already. Be sure to have the fixes for mission pack 1 in your release too, if you really want to support DP with your release.

Otherwise great work!

PS: You can upload your files to quaketastic yourself. The login and password can be viewed in this forum. Spirit announced it officially here
                            -
                            Attached Files

Comment

Haha, I did this myself years ago. I never thought to release it though. Good job!

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Working...
                              X