Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nightmare Realm.

https://anonfiles.com/file/f36d0e969...e2d33f36272a9c

Finally decided to release this map after compiling the final build.

The size of the map is medium, it is recommended to possibly play with at least 8 or 16 players.

Also note this is a DM map.

UPDATE: Had to fix one of the boxes with an unaligned texture.
    Last edited by Shambler234; 05-28-2014, 02:23 PM.
    I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
    But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Hmmm, is this the map that you showed and released in the other thread ?
    If yes, what are the differences ? Where is the link to the other thread ?
    Where are screenshots ? How does it look like ?

You know, screenshots are the ultimate advertisement aid. People do not like to buy a pig in a poke.

Best wishes.

Comment

Ah almost forgot about screenshots, will get to that soon.

Comment

Quad is moved to a ledge right by the trap doors (which is triggered by a button right on the box like lava pit)

Added a slipgate, doesn't kill you but rather displays a message saying you can't exit.

In the other world i added coffins to the wall and ceiling which would be hanging with Red armor and rockets and in order to reach that you have to rocket jump to the teleporter (the ledge in screenshot 5).

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler234 View Post
          https://anonfiles.com/file/b43cd485f...62fba0e9367f1e

Finally decided to release this map after compiling the final build.

The size of the map is medium, it is recommended to possibly play with at least 8 or 16 players.

Also note this is a DM map.
          I congratulate you for your effort. I'm not thinking about doing this, but I have to ask you this question out of curiosity... Would it be possible for me to modify this map? Could I turn it into a CTF map?
          "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Possible, but i wouldn't recommend it because it was supposed to be a DM map.

I could lend you the MAP file along with the texture wads i used.

Comment

a DM map with 6fps? seriously?
              the minlighting stuff looks terrible too - you seriously need to rethink your lighting.
              Some Game Thing

Comment

Hello Shambler234,

Spike is right. I just tested and compared your Beta and Final build of the map. I tested with DP and FTE.
                It was introduced after the beta version, as its performance was much better.
                I think you used DP with enabled RT-lighting for your screenshots.

DP prints some console warnings when loading the final map (not the beta !) about Recursivenodeportals.
                FTE prints warnings about misusage of 'fields' (using original progs.dat).
                FTE even crashes in the final map (not the beta !) when using "realtime" graphic preset after a few seconds. Failure message: "BZ_Realloc: Failed on reallocation...". In "nice" graphic preset it doesnt crash.

So yes, you should compare your lighting and other things that you made after the beta.
                Performance-wise the beta was about 100% better than the final. Without realtime lighting DP has around 200 fps and FTE around 100 fps in the area of your 2nd screenshot. With realtime lighting DP drops down to 50 fps and FTE only 3 fps (!?) in my setting.

Best regards.

Comment

Hmmmmmm,

So if that's the case it could be lighting.

So maybe i should delete a few light is my best guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler234 View Post
                    Possible, but i wouldn't recommend it because it was supposed to be a DM map.

I could lend you the MAP file along with the texture wads i used.
                    You're too kind... No, thank you. The only reason I asked you that question was to expand my knowledge... To close things off, it is a great map. It is a beautiful map.
                    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
                      You're too kind... No, thank you. The only reason I asked you that question was to expand my knowledge... To close things off, it is a great map. It is a beautiful map.
                      Only problem is the RT world lag.

Comment

I'll check this out tonight. It's great to see you've 'released' it (remember, there's always room for improvement, and everyone will have their own ideas on how it should be, so a safe route is to try and take into consideration everyone's input and implement it to a degree, but still maintain how YOU want the map to be).

For the lighting, I would load up DM1 and look at how that map is lit as a guide in how to light yours. I mean really analyze every bit of lighting, because in my opinion that map is the perfect blend of grim, low-lit environment and DM functionality.
                        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Working...
                        X