No announcement yet.

some HD stuff for use with quoth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

liked the braziers so much i decided to for fun try adding them to the start-map of normal quake

the result.... looks f-ing epic imo <3

PS:
    dont try doing this with the quoth-versions i released a bit ago!
    they are 19.000 polys cuz they are all 6 versions exported into a single MD3,
    you'll murder your framerate if you try using those in combination with RT-lights!
    Last edited by talisa; 04-09-2015, 04:15 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

been very busy last few days with making HD textures for the quoth-map 'Conference of the Shamblers', one of my fave quoth-maps.
      the same map also inspired me to make the braziers, since they are used quite often in the map

all textures were made by manually modifying textures from QRP and some from webangel

so far ive got 74 textures done, which is about 1/3th of all textures used in that map
      Last edited by talisa; 04-12-2015, 01:25 PM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

progress update on textures for CotS

buuuuuuuuurks! \o/

also, glass containers with... stuffs

got 9 out of 16 book-shelf textures done so far.
        makes for total of 83 out of 219 textures done.

also, lil extra just for gypsy
        Last edited by talisa; 04-13-2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

moar buuuurks!

all shelf-textures are done now

Last edited by talisa; 04-13-2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Burn them all!

Just kidding, nice bookshelfs.
            Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
            https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
            https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
            https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              Burn them all!
              nuuu, my books!

thanx, made them by modifying QRP's bookshelves for hipnotic

didnt follow the original design when it comes to book placement and size and such,
              but meh it are bookshelves. who cares if its the same book-sizes and colors, right? books are books

Comment

Damn girl! You are on a roll!

Want these things please when you finish them!

Comment

the pack isnt anywhere near complete (90 out of 210 textures), but i did all of the textures which are used most.

since i covered most of the major textures, i think its time to release a WIP-version of my texture-pack:
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipglqzarch...s_0.4.pk3?dl=0

this pack is made specifically for skacky's Conference of the Shamblers map for quoth

credits go to QRP and webangel both for making the original textures which i modified to create these

Comment

Excellent! Thank you!

QRP Rocks and Webangel's talents have contributed much as well! Don't discount your modeling talents though Talisa

You girls rock!!

Comment

• ty gdiddy

Comment

• small update, made the quoth variation of the carch texture:

also, have some glowy arrows

both arrows and quoth-carch come with luma's

find updated link to v0.45 of the pack in first post

Comment

• Nice stuff Talisa.
                          Just hypothetically, if a games designer wanted to grab some royalty free Quake textures to include in a free game, where would you recommend?

Kind regards (and keep up the great work)

Monty
                          Mr.Burns
                          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

• thanx burns

QRP textures are free to use commercially and non-commercially
                            What is the license on the QRP textures and can I use the textures for commercial as well as non-commercial usage?

The textures are copyright by their respective authors and, collectively, this project.
                            These textures are free to use in any project, be it commercial or non-commercial,
                            on the condition that the work or the derivative product mentions the URL (:: Quake Revitalization Project ::)
                            and name of this project (Quake Revitalization Project) in the credits. In case your project does not have a suitable credits section,
                            you must include with your product a file titled "read-me" or "licensing". No exceptions. For any further questions, contact us.

otherwise, google images is as good a way as any to find royalty-free textures to use.
                            just enter "materialtype texture seamless" into the search query and boom, thousands of textures.

example: putting ;metal texture seamless' will result in this https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...16.Un3W8eA3c8g

also, deviant-art has a category specially for textures you can use: http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all...rces/textures/
                            Last edited by talisa; 04-15-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• also in other news... I just made the 'kgr2_' textures

used a trusses texture i found through google as base

they turned out much more awesome looking then i expected
                              Last edited by talisa; 04-15-2015, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                                sadly the quoth source isnt available, and thus particle-flames cannot be added
                                maybe this is somehow useful for you
                                Zippyshare.com

Comment

Working...
                                X