Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hazard. A Quake/Darkplaces TC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hazard. A Quake/Darkplaces TC



    Hazard v1.0 release is now available to download from IndieDB :

    Hazard Indie DB page

    Direct download .zip - Indie DB

    Direct download .exe - Indie DB

    Hi!

    My Quake/Darkplaces total conversion Hazard is now finished after about four months of drawing, planning, mapping and modelling.
    I would really appreciate any feedback,suggestions and advice you might have regarding it.

    This is the second of three game concepts that I am developing using Quake/Darkplaces. You can find my first one here :

    Run Over Indie DB page

    If anyone can manage to get all the way to the end of either or both of my games then I will add you to my birthday card list and bake you a cake*.

    Many of the tools & mods that made my projects a reality are sourced from QuakeOne.com and for that I am eternally grateful.

    Best regards,

    Adam.


    *Come on, you know it's a lie!


    ====================



    -Update 27/08/2014

    Hazard version 1.1 has been released and is now available to download :

    Direct download .exe - indie DB

    Direct download .zip - Indie DB

    Update includes :

    -New HUD graphics and layout.
    -New armour/shield pickup.
    -New HP bars for enemies.
    -Improved weapon animation.
    -Improved weapon pickups.
    -Ingame messages now refer to Hazard content.

    Best regards,

    Adam.

    ====================

    Featured on indie bytes :

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM7Ze5bVk_U[/ame]

    Thanks to Fork for including this in his series.

    The Destructoid review.

    Hazard is also now on gamejolt. Please also check it out there.

    Best regards,

    Adam.
    Last edited by Adam; 11-23-2014, 09:47 PM. Reason: Updating some links.
    Username : pointfile
    Steam, XBL, PSN, WiiU & Desura too.


  • #2
    played it...it's pretty cool. A lot more challenging than it looks.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
      played it...it's pretty cool. A lot more challenging than it looks.
      Thanks for giving it a go.
      =)
      Username : pointfile
      Steam, XBL, PSN, WiiU & Desura too.

      Comment


      • #4
        will play later tonight.. the screen shots look cool. Kinda reminds me of Berserk from the '80s

        Berserk>>>>

        Hazard>>>
        Hazzard>>
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

        Comment


        • #5
          @rook - that first hazard screenshot is what it looks like after you complete a level. You don't actually ever play in top-view atari mode.

          I can give you a "warning" too. Do not try to kill things from far away...not even just a little far. You will dump all your ammo and end up fighting everything with a light sabre. Unload your gun right in their face for quick kills. Also...keep moving. Things get spawned behind you from time to time and you're only warning is that you die...lol. I will say that even though the game is pretty challenging the "missions" become really redundant. Every level is pretty much the same thing - grab the disk, bring it to the terminal, shoot the power supply, exit. However, doing that is not as simple as it sounds.
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 07-31-2014, 12:21 PM.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by R00k View Post
            will play later tonight.. the screen shots look cool. Kinda reminds me of Berserk from the '80s
            You're totally on target.

            Please look for the secret in map haz01 : First test "Use what you have learned...."

            If you play on Hard mode it gets very Berzerk at around the 90 second mark.

            Thanks a lot for checking it out.
            Last edited by Adam; 07-31-2014, 05:50 PM.
            Username : pointfile
            Steam, XBL, PSN, WiiU & Desura too.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
              Every level is pretty much the same thing - grab the disk, bring it to the terminal, shoot the power supply, exit. However, doing that is not as simple as it sounds.
              Gee, sounds like a certain game from the 90s...


              Great work, I played through it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised how it got better and better. The final levels have such nice visuals.
              Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                Great work, I played through it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised how it got better and better. The final levels have such nice visuals.
                It means a great deal to me that you took the time to play through it.

                Thank you.
                Username : pointfile
                Steam, XBL, PSN, WiiU & Desura too.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm on The Core but I can't seem to figure out how to destroy the emergency blast door and sometimes the mechanism resets before the count is up
                  http://www.nextgenquake.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                    Gee, sounds like a certain game from the 90s...
                    ahahahahahaha, you've just made my day/night depending on how you look at it.

                    I'm going to check this out in the morning,already downloaded the game!
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                      I'm on The Core but I can't seem to figure out how to destroy the emergency blast door and sometimes the mechanism resets before the count is up
                      Originally, on standard difficulty you could jump into the blue teleport "sea" and shoot the PowGens (tm) from there but after some thought I decided to stop this method by putting up the blast doors.

                      You have to run your way back to shoot them. It's the only way.

                      Thanks for the feedback, I am taking it all onboard so that I can make the appropriate changes when I release my first update.
                      Username : pointfile
                      Steam, XBL, PSN, WiiU & Desura too.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Looks cool.
                        Will check this out tonight !
                        My servers for the gamers:
                        bigfoot.servequake.com

                        port 26000 EuroQuake

                        newyork.quakeone.com

                        port 26000 : FFANY New York
                        port 26001 to 26006


                        fvf.servequake.com


                        damage.servequake.com

                        port 26000 Damage_UK
                        port 26001 Damage_Coop
                        port 26005 Damage_CRCTF
                        port 26006 Damage_CRMOD


                        flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                        Offline ATM


                        newdm.servequake.com
                        newdmny.servequake.com

                        port 26010

                        http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This is what I think so far of the game..

                          walkways that aren't ready to be walked on blend too well. I will admit this is probably a fault of my gameplay style of first person shooters,which is CHAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

                          think Leeroy Jenkins minus the "Leeeeerooooooy Jenkins!" being yelled everytime I rush the enemy lol.

                          walkways that you can walk on and walkways that are in need of being generated via sticking keycard into the kiosk/computer blend in too well, I found myself walking off the edges due to my play style. It very well could be just me, but I think as example, when you first fire up the game the Red lettering is highly contrasted against the blue background, the walkways that aren't ready to be walked on could be highlighted in red. When I first fired up the game I REALLY REALLY wanted to find my old Cyan/Red glasses and play this game in 3D,as it just screamed 3D at me with Cyan/Red glasses style.

                          These are my first thoughts, and they aren't well articulated. Hopefully you can deduce from that cluster fuck of words above and pick up what im laying down
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I will for the sake of lack of weapon titles, list them as they appear in the game...
                            Weapon 1 = sabre
                            Weapon 2 (initial gun your supplied with) seems way more powerful than weapon 3 (the spread of the projectiles is nice) but it seems waaaay under powered compared to weapon 2.

                            weapon 3 (the grenade launcher type weapon) is cool shit, I dig it!
                            weapon 4 (fully automatic weapon) holy shit this thing burns through ammo fast!
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                              This is what I think so far of the game..

                              walkways that aren't ready to be walked on blend too well. I will admit this is probably a fault of my gameplay style of first person shooters,which is CHAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

                              think Leeroy Jenkins minus the "Leeeeerooooooy Jenkins!" being yelled everytime I rush the enemy lol.

                              walkways that you can walk on and walkways that are in need of being generated via sticking keycard into the kiosk/computer blend in too well, I found myself walking off the edges due to my play style. It very well could be just me, but I think as example, when you first fire up the game the Red lettering is highly contrasted against the blue background, the walkways that aren't ready to be walked on could be highlighted in red. When I first fired up the game I REALLY REALLY wanted to find my old Cyan/Red glasses and play this game in 3D,as it just screamed 3D at me with Cyan/Red glasses style.

                              These are my first thoughts, and they aren't well articulated. Hopefully you can deduce from that cluster fuck of words above and pick up what im laying down
                              That's interesting and you make a good point I will add it to my list. After developing it for so long you do get a bit blind to it.

                              Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                              I will for the sake of lack of weapon titles, list them as they appear in the game...
                              Weapon 1 = sabre
                              Weapon 2 (initial gun your supplied with) seems way more powerful than weapon 3 (the spread of the projectiles is nice) but it seems waaaay under powered compared to weapon 2.

                              weapon 3 (the grenade launcher type weapon) is cool shit, I dig it!
                              weapon 4 (fully automatic weapon) holy shit this thing burns through ammo fast!
                              I am just getting to grips with the .qc files. It was only 3 hours ago that I compiled my first progs.dat (thanks to numbersix on IndieDB). I spent all day combing through it, changing self.netnames into Hazard versions. The weapons in there present form are direct replacements of the originals. The Laser sword has all the properties of the quake axe, the Pulse Pistol is the shotgun, the OC Pulse Pistol is the double barrelled shotty and so on.
                              I would like to alter them in time, when I get more confident with messing with the code but at the moment they are the quake weapons in fancy dress.
                              Did you find the shotgun more powerful then the double barrelled one? At ranged targets, without a doubt.

                              I hope you're still having fun with it and look forward to what you think of the ending.
                              Username : pointfile
                              Steam, XBL, PSN, WiiU & Desura too.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X