bloodshot SSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great.

I remember seeing this SSG back when Bloodshot posted a screenshot for it and the textures you added to it looks great! This is officially my favorite weapon as of now. You did a great job bringing this model to life in the world of Quake.
    Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

thanx krymzon!

my texturing skills are far from perfect, but i try making items look as good as i can with my limited skills
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

you guys, i have learned to do a new majiks!
        i learned how to create normal-maps using gimp

after learning how to make normals, i for fun tried creating ones for the SSG,
        and you all seriously have to see the results!

looks awesome, not? but you cant really see such an effect in pictures,
        you really have to see it in action to truely see how great it looks
        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQp-qQs1tyE[/ame]
        0:00-0:22 hud SSG without normals
        0:22-0:45 hud SSG with normals
        0:45-1:09 ground SSG without normals
        1:09-1:33 ground SSG with normals

DOWNLOAD BS+TAL SSG WITH NORMALS

PS: pics and vid with lightmaps & scene brightness cranked up to show of the effect better,
        obviously the glossyness is not this heavy in-game! but its still very obvious
        Last edited by talisa; 09-02-2014, 06:18 PM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Is this looking slick or what?? Nice job!! Now that you are dumping all of these features to make the textures stand out, I notice one thing though: the wood handle looks a little too clean compared to the ruggedness of the barrels and barrel guards. Just an idea, what if you threw a little dirt on it or something?

Looks fantastic!
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

That looks very awesome !
            Something to add to my Darkplaces dir
            My servers for the gamers:
            bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
            port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
            Offline ATM
            fvf.servequake.com
            flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
            Offline ATM
            newdm.servequake.com
            port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
            sigpic

Comment

@dutch
              hows this?

added a bit of a grittyness overlay and an overlay with scratches over the handle

above screenshot is much brighter then normal gameplay btw...
              below screenshot is how in-game actually looks with normal lighting

Comment

Perfect!
                'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

here is updated version which has scratches on stock and bit more gritty-ish stock

>DOWNLOAD BS+TAL SSG 1.21<
                  Last edited by talisa; 09-04-2014, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X