No announcement yet.

bloodshot SSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I adjusted my brightness way up to see your screenshot. I see the difference and the only reason mine looks a bit messed up is the cvar I mentioned before. Once I turn it off it fixes those misalignments at the end. Otherwise I see no difference.

This is with those extra cvars off:

My game is dark enough tho that even with the all on I don't really notice it much and It still looks really good and I get all the effects I like. But, if there is a way to fix this problem for Nvidia cards when I do use those cvars please let me know! I'd love to fix it but otherwise it doesn't bother me much. Thank you for pointing it out tho!
    Last edited by PrimalLove; 08-27-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

ah alright i see, so its a cvar you enabled and not a driver-problem as i initially thought.
      then i suggest leaving this 'r_shadow_bumpscale_basetexture' cvar set to 0 so it doesnt mess up the textures on the model

also, cuz you asked about a single-barrel shotgun:
      i did actually make one as you have seen here http://quakeone.com/forums/website-r...tml#post150589

but im not happy with how it looks in-game. when the model is centered like weapons are in quake it looks kinda odd

this is probable because its more narrow and realistic unlike quake-weapons which tend to have strangely wide stocks and pumps.
      also i feel it needs an arm with a hand, with a realistic model like this it just feels weird to have something like that missing
      Last edited by talisa; 08-27-2014, 01:49 PM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

@talisa Yes thanks! I just like the extra fluff stuff.. To be frank the extra offsetting and shadowing aren't needed but it just looks so darn good! But yeah I guess I see that those screen shots didn't do it justice with those misalignments on my part. Hope the last batch make up for it! Looks fantastic!

Comment

@Talisa

Ah yes I see what you mean about the shotgun... Hmm... Well you could try shorten the length of the barrel and give it a bit more bulk. This is the short barrel or sawed off version.

using this model you could also recede the weapon further back to add to the effect and allowing for the extra thickness to not be over zealous. Just a thought. Mostly the thickness wouldn't need to be in the barrel much.. Maybe enough to match the current shotgun barrel and the rest could just bee in the forend or forearm grip. For an explanation of the different parts of a shotgun.

Here is another variant of it that is worth considering. Not sure if it matches the Quake style tho. The reason I mention it is it features the thicker barrel i was talking about in context. It also has alots of rails :/ But you get the point.
          Last edited by PrimalLove; 08-27-2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

it already has a very shot sawn-off barrel
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Oh I see! My mistake.

Comment

its ok, lol

but yeah, realistically proportioned weapons look odd when positioned centered on screen and pointed straight forward

so the only way to get it to look ok is if its moved to side and has an arm added.
                which wouldnt work for stock quake cuz it would stand out from all the other centered models

but it could most definitely work for dutch's riftquake mod, which will have all weapons moved to side as you can see here
                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post143993

btw first pic in that post shows perfectly just how weirdly wide and bulky the standard quake shotgun model really is
                Last edited by talisa; 08-27-2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Wow! Great model and texturing guys!!

Comment

thanx gdiddy

Comment

Looks fantastic!

Originally posted by talisa
                      but it could most definitely work for dutch's riftquake mod, which will have all weapons moved to side as you can see here
                      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post143993

btw first pic in that post shows perfectly just how weirdly wide and bulky the standard quake shotgun model really is
                      Haha man I can't believe how long ago that was. The project sure has changed a lot since then. I forgot about how it all looked back then lol
                      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

thanx dutch!
                        my texturing skills are far from perfect, but i tried to make it look as good as possible with my limited skills

even though that post i linked was from long ago the mod already looked awesome back then imo, and the new stuff looks even better

also in other news... i made a lil' update to the SSG!

added reflect-shader to the barrels with a cube-map,
                        and added a gloss-map which add a faint gloss to the model

DOWNLOAD BLOODSHOT SSG WITH REFLECT

EDIT: realized i only added the maps to hud-version! updated it so pickup also has gloss+reflect!
                        Last edited by talisa; 08-29-2014, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks! The added reflection looks superb. Show car quality!
                          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

thanx dutch

love me some reflect, it looks neat

Comment

It looks really nice, inspiring stuff.
                              I have a lot to learn.

Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                              https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                              https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                              https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

thanx adam

im still quite unexperienced myself as well and still have a loooot to learn.

i was only able to animate thit shotgun cuz the animations are purely rotation and position movements of the entire model.
                                i cant do any animation more complex then that

also, about texturing models:
                                google is your best friend if you need material-textures

also, being able to bake AO-maps in blender and overlay them helps a lot

Comment

Working...
                                X