• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post

Lol this shit is retarded.
    looks like jet!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ReMlP7DPM[/ame]
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

@qwar100.zip

I think you are screwed on this one. Unlike quakemech the trail begins and ends on the same broken angelfire page. With qmech there was a pretty long trail, where one wrong piece of information led to another, finally ending at the right piece of information. Qwar has no such trail.

It's not easy doing this shit on a phone. It's not even a good phone. It hates most of these old sites and I practically have to DL the page source to really get the info I want.

However, the site that I finally ended up on which had qmech, has a LOT of lost quake mods. Unfortunately qwar is not one of them. You should click the below link and check it out anyway.

'90s Hunter: Downloads / Quake
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I found a file named wq100.zip and I felt real good about it. DLed it,..... opened it,.... I was getting real excited for you. I just "knew" we were gonna get lucky. but that shit was winQuake....

Comment

Hey man, I simply tracked the chick down and sent her an email asking if she would provide me with a copy. If she doesn't answer the email, I know another way to contact her.

And yes I was very polite (unbelievable, i know). I simply said we are trying to track down a copy of her mod for archival purposes and we would be very appreciative if she could supply us with a copy.

Comment

and bet money that's what that link originally pointed to (anything with that file name is probably going to be winquake)

one does not simply google mods for a game created in 1996 is too long to meme

I looked at Quake Terminus and found nothing either. Oof
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Shes gonna give us her mod. Just be patient. I don't want to freak her out so I'm trying to use public information to contact her. She has no twitter or facebook but she does have AIM. I'll AIM her in a couple of days if she doesn't respond, or maybe I'll just join her favorite forum and ask her there.
              Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-11-2015, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                Here ya go. Found it in 7 minutes.

quake mech v0.8
                Apparently MadGypsy is a better Googler than the rest of us.

I think Google search went WAY downhill about 2-3 years ago.

Because it no longer recognizes minus. Like -something

And you used to be able to put literals in quotes like "find exactly this".

When Google eliminated those, now you are subject to an ocean of unwanted results, so Google is crippled compared to what it used to be because it no longer supports any result filtering of substance.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Wow you guys are amazing treasure hunters. I had almost given up when I first posted here. It's a testament to the quake community. Thanks. I guess we just wait now.

Comment

Quake Mech is awesome. There are a lot of features. Now I just have to find some quake mech maps to get the mechlab working. Google is becoming a good pal this week...

Comment

@apparently I'm a better googler.

Well, it wasn't really google that gave me the info. It was a text dump of a private german hard drive...lol. I know that sounds bananas, and it is, but that is what gave me the info. Google gave me the link to the text dump though. In that text file was a commented link. I followed the link and it brought me to another weird text file. In that text file was another link that was dead but it had a username in it. I googled the username and it eventually pointed me to the site which I posted the link of.

So, google didn't really do anything but bring me to the first text file and then point me to the site owned by the person which was mentioned in another text file (mancubus or summin).

It was more like chasing someone than googling.

As far as your QWar100.zip goes. I'll give this chick one more day to respond to me. If she doesn't I will PM her on a forum which she is a member of with very recent activity. I have a feeling that the email I sent was to an old account and she probably will never even get it. I'll get her on the forum though, no doubt.

Tracking people down is my specialty. If you live in a 1st world country I can find you. I don't care who you are. Scary, I know. All I need is one (at least semi-) unique identifier and time. I attribute troubleshooting multiple programming languages for my methods. It's all just one big program, man, and everyone is a variable. We all keep running the same functions within the same loops due to our programming. That's a pattern, and patterns can be isolated. Once you isolate the pattern, you have the entire program right in front of you and can basically predict what will happen next. You can also hack that pattern/program and have the upper hand in every way.

I generally use my powers for good. Like tracking down a zip file I DGAF about for some ?guy/girl? that seems to really want it.

or handing cops the complete life history of a guy taking advantage of peoples emotions and desire to help their loved ones, with phone scams.

vvvvvvvvvv
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-11-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

That sounds like a sci-fi novel... but I don't doubt it is possible. The internet has a scary number of connections. Thank you for helping me.

Comment

I love helping people, in every way you can imagine. I don't even have to know them. I just have to see that they need help.

You want some mods and I have the power to track them down, one way or another. What's the point of having skills if you don't use them?

Maybe one day after I get you your zip you'll find yourself in a position to help someone and you will feel obligated to do so, based on how others that you don't even know helped you.

We continue this chain and before you know it, no one goes without.

------

This is why my real life is so care-free. I can make every mistake in the book and generally suffer little or no consequences because, my Karma is through the top of the galaxy. You'd be surprised what a well paying job being helpful is. You just have to understand that generally the person you are helping is not the one that is gonna pay you. I don't even have a job right now and haven't in months. One day in the very near future I'm gonna walk to the store or something and literally be handed one. I'd bet my life on it.
                          Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-11-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I'm with you for helping where I can. I try to help where my talents lie or if I've done the same thing before. Thinking of more than ourselves is important.

Comment

Hi MadGypsy,

Any luck with getting the author to reply to you? I wonder if they still have the mod or not.

Comment

Sorry, I dropped the ball on this for a minute. I'll go make that PM now.

edit:

I am like 99% positive this is the same chozo4. I just wanted to seem less sure of myself in the PM so it wouldn't be creepy and also on that 1% chance that I'm wrong.
                                Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-13-2015, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X