Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadGypsy
    replied
    I found a file named wq100.zip and I felt real good about it. DLed it,..... opened it,.... I was getting real excited for you. I just "knew" we were gonna get lucky. but that shit was winQuake....

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    @qwar100.zip

I think you are screwed on this one. Unlike quakemech the trail begins and ends on the same broken angelfire page. With qmech there was a pretty long trail, where one wrong piece of information led to another, finally ending at the right piece of information. Qwar has no such trail.

It's not easy doing this shit on a phone. It's not even a good phone. It hates most of these old sites and I practically have to DL the page source to really get the info I want.

However, the site that I finally ended up on which had qmech, has a LOT of lost quake mods. Unfortunately qwar is not one of them. You should click the below link and check it out anyway.

'90s Hunter: Downloads / Quake

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post

Lol this shit is retarded.
    looks like jet!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ReMlP7DPM[/ame]

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied

Lol this shit is retarded.

Leave a comment:

• bridgeofstraws
    replied
    Hey MadGypsy, Thanks for joining the party! Please when you have bandwidth again, please explain how you did this. I'm also looking for qwar100.zip. What seemed lost, is just hiding I guess. =)

Michael

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    Here ya go. Found it in 7 minutes.

quake mech v0.8

And you do simply google it, then you find right shit that is now wrong shit but has clues. If I wasn't out of hotspot bandwidth I would show you exactly what I did.

Leave a comment:

• bridgeofstraws
    replied
    Haha, I like the last post.

Unfortunately I must report that the qmech.zip is a quake2 model of a mech... not quite what I was looking for. Over the future (not sure how long), I'll sift through the archives even more to see if I can find anything.

I'm not giving up.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by Baker View Post
    If you found this file, I'm rather impressed. If it isn't in the usual backup locations and not easily found in archive.org, usually there is not recourse.

lol

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgeofstraws View Post
    Ding ding, we have a winner!

https://archive.org/download/Filepla...000_09999.log:
    ------------
    2012-05-07 18:29:33 URL:http://download.direct2drive.com/ftp...ntid=890918379 [156110/156110] -> "www.fileplanet.com/8656/download/qmech.zip" [1]

---------

I'll keep checking to see if there is any newer version. I'll post the final locations.

Thank you so much Mindf!3ldzX! This really means a lot.
    I like helping!
    @ Final locations Yeah , most definitely hit me back with some links, I could only get a torrent going and that was 18gb hah,ouch.

Your links will nicely fatten up my "All things Quake" folder!
    That is really cool you had the willpower to sift through that stuff

I wonder if the mod has full working multiplayer or if the one screenshot I have been able to find is a LAN ss....hmm!

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    If you found this file, I'm rather impressed. If it isn't in the usual backup locations and not easily found in archive.org, usually there is not recourse.

Leave a comment:

• bridgeofstraws
    replied
    Ding ding, we have a winner!

https://archive.org/download/Filepla...000_09999.log:
    ------------
    2012-05-07 18:29:33 URL:http://download.direct2drive.com/ftp...ntid=890918379 [156110/156110] -> "www.fileplanet.com/8656/download/qmech.zip" [1]

---------

I'll keep checking to see if there is any newer version. I'll post the final locations.

Thank you so much Mindf!3ldzX! This really means a lot.

Leave a comment:

• bridgeofstraws
    replied
    That's very helpful! I know it has a bit of a mess for the naming scheme but at least we have a place to dig. We went from nowhere to look to somewhere. I'm happy. I'll keep thinking of a way to go through these (programmically).

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    FilePlanet used to be the hosting that all of the PlanetGAMEHERE server's if I recall correctly, I remember using FilePlanet for all kiiiiinds of Quake downloads back in the day.

That led me to Fileplanet - Archiveteam

I think that might be of use to us, but we're gonna need someone who knows a lil somethin somethin about this stuff to determine if our needles are in that haystack of

Range
    00000-09999 <--- okay what are these numbers argg ---> Who Archived these files that are weird as shit labled numbers!

Leave a comment:

• bridgeofstraws
    replied
    I don't suppose anyone would know where any Planetquake QCA archives would be? (planetquake/qca/...)

Leave a comment:

• bridgeofstraws
    replied
    Thanks a bunch for looking Mindf!3ldzX! I'll keep searching and post back if I can get my hands on either of this mods.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X