Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have QuakeMech or QuakeWarrior

Hello,

I'm a late adopter to Quake but wow the mods are amazingly diverse. I was wondering if anyone might have Quake Warrior (QuakeWarrior - Files) or Quake Mech (Quake-C Archives Patch Review). It would be so cool to try these!

Thanks so much,
    Bridgeofstraws

Originally posted by bridgeofstraws View Post
    Hello,

I'm a late adopter to Quake but wow the mods are amazingly diverse. I was wondering if anyone might have Quake Warrior (QuakeWarrior - Files) or Quake Mech (Quake-C Archives Patch Review). It would be so cool to try these!

Thanks so much,
    Bridgeofstraws
    I took a stab at locating qmech8 for you, and while I did not turn up what you wanted, I did find a glimmer of hope : mirror sites!

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/quake/planet...qca/qmech8.zip
    ^ thats the original link, it offers some hints at what your search criteria could be.....

You can try googling for example

planetquake mirror
    qca mirror
    ftp cdrom mirror
    quakec archive

You could try utilizing the same method for attempting to dig up quake warrior, at one point in time I remember someone here at quakeone.com mentioning that when Planetquake was announced that they was closing their doors, someone backed up either everything or a shit ton of stuff, maybe someone can recollect the details about that effort.

I'm not sure if https://www.quaddicted.com/files/mir...anetquake.com/ is it or not.

The real shitty part is that, there is a real chance that these mods might be permanently lost!

If you happen to stumble across these mods, be sure to come back and let us know and hook up some links, because I myself like the concept of quake Mech haha, that sounds pretty damn cool
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

ps : Index of /sites/ftp.cdrom.com/pub/cdrom

That's the closest I got
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Thanks a bunch for looking Mindf!3ldzX! I'll keep searching and post back if I can get my hands on either of this mods.

Comment

I don't suppose anyone would know where any Planetquake QCA archives would be? (planetquake/qca/...)

Comment

FilePlanet used to be the hosting that all of the PlanetGAMEHERE server's if I recall correctly, I remember using FilePlanet for all kiiiiinds of Quake downloads back in the day.

That led me to Fileplanet - Archiveteam

I think that might be of use to us, but we're gonna need someone who knows a lil somethin somethin about this stuff to determine if our needles are in that haystack of

Range
            00000-09999 <--- okay what are these numbers argg ---> Who Archived these files that are weird as shit labled numbers!

Comment

That's very helpful! I know it has a bit of a mess for the naming scheme but at least we have a place to dig. We went from nowhere to look to somewhere. I'm happy. I'll keep thinking of a way to go through these (programmically).

Comment

Ding ding, we have a winner!

https://archive.org/download/Filepla...000_09999.log:
                ------------
                2012-05-07 18:29:33 URL:http://download.direct2drive.com/ftp...ntid=890918379 [156110/156110] -> "www.fileplanet.com/8656/download/qmech.zip" [1]

---------

I'll keep checking to see if there is any newer version. I'll post the final locations.

Thank you so much Mindf!3ldzX! This really means a lot.

Comment

If you found this file, I'm rather impressed. If it isn't in the usual backup locations and not easily found in archive.org, usually there is not recourse.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by bridgeofstraws View Post
                    Ding ding, we have a winner!

https://archive.org/download/Filepla...000_09999.log:
                    ------------
                    2012-05-07 18:29:33 URL:http://download.direct2drive.com/ftp...ntid=890918379 [156110/156110] -> "www.fileplanet.com/8656/download/qmech.zip" [1]

---------

I'll keep checking to see if there is any newer version. I'll post the final locations.

Thank you so much Mindf!3ldzX! This really means a lot.
                    I like helping!
                    @ Final locations Yeah , most definitely hit me back with some links, I could only get a torrent going and that was 18gb hah,ouch.

Your links will nicely fatten up my "All things Quake" folder!
                    That is really cool you had the willpower to sift through that stuff

I wonder if the mod has full working multiplayer or if the one screenshot I have been able to find is a LAN ss....hmm!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                      If you found this file, I'm rather impressed. If it isn't in the usual backup locations and not easily found in archive.org, usually there is not recourse.

lol

Comment

Haha, I like the last post.

Unfortunately I must report that the qmech.zip is a quake2 model of a mech... not quite what I was looking for. Over the future (not sure how long), I'll sift through the archives even more to see if I can find anything.

I'm not giving up.

Comment

Here ya go. Found it in 7 minutes.

quake mech v0.8

And you do simply google it, then you find right shit that is now wrong shit but has clues. If I wasn't out of hotspot bandwidth I would show you exactly what I did.
                          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Hey MadGypsy, Thanks for joining the party! Please when you have bandwidth again, please explain how you did this. I'm also looking for qwar100.zip. What seemed lost, is just hiding I guess. =)

Michael

Comment

Lol this shit is retarded.
                              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                              X