Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadGypsy
    replied
    I'm really good at finding things and I can't even get one result from google partaining to this. If nobody archived this, it's someone else's turn to hunt down chozo. The entire reason I gave her for me contacting her was to archive her mod. I'm not gonna be the one to explain to her that that never happened.

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    You might be out of luck :/. I checked my external hdd...no qwar. I checked my downloads folder...no qwar. I checked quaddicted and it seems like Spirit didn't archive it either.

Leave a comment:

• Julius
    replied
    Did someone mirror this Quake Warrior Mod? the link posted seems down

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Chozo , thank you for your efforts none the less. It's highly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Chozo4
    replied
    Originally posted by vegetous View Post
    Thanks for the link!

Any chance of releasing the qc files for the mod?
    Sadly, I could not find them in any of my archives and feel they were lost 10-something years ago. Otherwise I would have been more than happy to do so.

Perhaps using a decompiler is an option? If I recall I had used one long ago to do the mod along with support using QUARK for other tasks.

Leave a comment:

• vegetous
    replied
    Originally posted by Chozo4 View Post
    Sorry for the bad linage. The angelfire site was an old backup for the longest time and have lost the info for the logins ever since they changed policies 10-something years ago =.=

The QuakeWarrior project wasn't much other than adding some 'play as the mech' type function with jumpjets, heat management, individual weaponry/group firing, Ejection etc. I don't know if the mod still works as is as I haven't checed it in ages. This is the email I had replied to Gypsy with for references... hope it helps.

The mod also now that remember has a rather crude version of a mechwarrior 2 styled mechlab in text form done in a batch file. Everything was done back when I was using Win98. The configuration was transfered from external source to ingame via the 4 configurable autoload 'vars'. Aside from that you are free to do as you wish with the mod in any form. Just keep me in the loop is all

I also had an error in the email I had sent them as I now realize I did in fact make it for WinQuake.
    Thanks for the link!

Any chance of releasing the qc files for the mod?

Leave a comment:

• bridgeofstraws
    replied
    Quake Warrior is awesome. My only wishes would be for a mechlab with weapons and for myself not to be auto-ejected on spawning in a multiplayer match (singleplayer works great though which is what I'll play). Other than that it's a beaut. Cool mod Chozo!

Leave a comment:

• bridgeofstraws
    replied
    Hi Chozo,

Nice to finally meet you. Thanks for posting to this thread. I had thought we were at a dead end but am grateful we aren't. I am actually using quake in a dos style environment (DOSBox) so your mod should work great as is. I can't wait to try it out later.

Enjoy your time on the forums, I've found the forum members quite helpful and kind.
    Bridgeofstraws

Leave a comment:

• Chozo4
    replied
    SO... was contacted by MadGypsy.

Sorry for the bad linage. The angelfire site was an old backup for the longest time and have lost the info for the logins ever since they changed policies 10-something years ago =.=

The QuakeWarrior project wasn't much other than adding some 'play as the mech' type function with jumpjets, heat management, individual weaponry/group firing, Ejection etc. I don't know if the mod still works as is as I haven't checed it in ages. This is the email I had replied to Gypsy with for references... hope it helps.

Greetings Gypsy,

Sorry for the lack of reply as I have had no 'net access for several months now and just now got your message on the badcaps forum. I had lost the mod / source many a year ago due to a hard drive failure during moving from one residence to another. However, I was able to dig it up off an old archive I had floating around on another drive. I have put it up on my webserver/router @ QuakeWarrior - Quake 1 Modification Project .

If I recall correctly i had worked on it for dos/quake rather than winquake @ 1024x768 resolution (GUI was based on the text output using fix resolution). I don't know if it still works as expected or not as I haven't tested it since.. sorry

Side note - Ironically I used to be close with someone who went by the callsign of Gypsy back in the Mechwarrior 2 Days... I miss those days ...

If you have any further questions feel free to contact me other there via PM or here.

[SIGNATURE REDACTED]
    The mod also now that remember has a rather crude version of a mechwarrior 2 styled mechlab in text form done in a batch file. Everything was done back when I was using Win98. The configuration was transfered from external source to ingame via the 4 configurable autoload 'vars'. Aside from that you are free to do as you wish with the mod in any form. Just keep me in the loop is all

I also had an error in the email I had sent them as I now realize I did in fact make it for WinQuake.
    Last edited by Chozo4; 07-07-2015, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bridgeofstraws
    replied
    What an unfortunate turn of events. I guess that puts this thread to rest. I'm happy we found at least one of the mods. Thanks to everybody for helping.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgeofstraws View Post
    Hey MadGypsy,

Any luck contacting the Quake Warrior Modder?
    Yah, sorry bout that homie. Impeccable (shitty) timing. Click on his name, he has a "Send blah blah via email" something like that in his contacts.

It might work.

Leave a comment:

• Syluxguy28O3
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgeofstraws View Post
    Hey MadGypsy,

he was recently banned. :/

Leave a comment:

• bridgeofstraws
    replied
    Hey MadGypsy,

Leave a comment:

• bridgeofstraws
    replied
    Thanks for the link Spirit. This makes searching the archive so much easier. Qmech8 and Qwar100 seem to still be missing but it's great for any future mod searches.

Leave a comment:

• Spirit
    replied
    He asked at Quaddicted too, unfortunately I could not find that file either.

Please do not prominently link that search page, it is really not done.

Total size was 14 Terabytes I think, the search has around 10TB, other files were not publishable as personal stuff was mixed in between.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X