Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Belief RT lights

Link removed, something better is coming soon. Stay tuned
    Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 09-27-2015, 05:29 AM.
    Make Quake Great Again

I think it would have been more appropriate to have made 1 big "RTLights" topic instead of posting 3 smaller ones.

Comment

You are right. I hope moderators merge all in a single thread. Sorry
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

I have seen your AoP RTlights, and I liked them very much. I will try this pack out soon, and will make sure to leave some sort of commentary on your work!
        Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
          I have seen your AoP RTlights, and I liked them very much. I will try this pack out soon, and will make sure to leave some sort of commentary on your work!
          Glad to hear this
          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Oh deary me, I've neglected this didn't I? Well, considering I've said EVERYthing I possibly could about AoP, I guess it's time to move on to this. Feedback coming soon.

Comment

Very well. Thank you!
              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

OK, what I've found so far:

You forgot to do the start map!

Base maps look very nice, only make sure portals and slipgates use style 11. I would also make sure to add a pure red light here and there. And I would put a little bit more blue around the first map.

For some reason your torch lights don't use style 1 or 6...

For windows, I would extend the radius as usual, and make the light much less bright on the OUTSIDE of a building.

For purple skies, I would use the RGB ratio of 1.20/0.80/1.20 (ambient: 0, diffuse: 0.85, specular: 1.00). This is THE BEST purple sky light combo I have found so far. You sometimes left the white light in the skies, and it looks very bad. If you're unsure of how to get to it, just noclip above the sky barrier, and it will appear.

In bbelief3, make the fish pond much more dark and brown. Remove as many random white lights as possible, or make them darker/brown.

I really did not like the bbsecret RTlights you made, but never fear, I am attempting to correct this myself : )

That's all for now.
                Last edited by Pringles Man; 06-14-2015, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Start map? Was the first map I've done, maybe I've forgot to include it in the pack. As for other maps, when I've fixed AoP lights I'll work on those. As for bbsecret, when you fix the map send me the file on private message please so I'll include it in the next version.
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
                    OK, what I've found so far:

You forgot to do the start map!

Base maps look very nice, only make sure portals and slipgates use style 11. I would also make sure to add a pure red light here and there. And I would put a little bit more blue around the first map.

For some reason your torch lights don't use style 1 or 6...

For windows, I would extend the radius as usual, and make the light much less bright on the OUTSIDE of a building.

For purple skies, I would use the RGB ratio of 1.20/0.80/1.20 (ambient: 0, diffuse: 0.85, specular: 1.00). This is THE BEST purple sky light combo I have found so far. You sometimes left the white light in the skies, and it looks very bad. If you're unsure of how to get to it, just noclip above the sky barrier, and it will appear.

In bbelief3, make the fish pond much more dark and brown. Remove as many random white lights as possible, or make them darker/brown.

I really did not like the bbsecret RTlights you made, but never fear, I am attempting to correct this myself : )

That's all for now.
                    I appreciate the comments... I don't make maps, but I really do appreciate the analysis. It shows me that you've been thinking (and these are deep thoughts). I'm happy to see your elaborate opinion. I'm so happy that I will post a song right now...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drMzeN1eXdA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drMzeN1eXdA[/ame]
                    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Link updated with version 1.1.
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

bbsecret

This is long overdue, but I forgot my password and, well, you know the story. More feedback coming soon.

Comment

Thank you for the bbsecret rtlights and feedback. I've updated the RTlights to v.1.2, and includes bbsecret
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                          X