Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This and That ...

Hello,

I recently did a thoroughly search through the internet and my harddisc because I was looking for something.
    As I stumbled over various things of which I thought, should at least be mentioned here, as there are several "model hunters" among the users of this forum.

1.) Armor model by makkE
    I found this armor from makkE and want to share it with others who didnt know this before. The armor had only a green and yellow skin, so I tried my best to create a red one. I only converted the armor, made some normal and gloss textures and its ready for Quake now.
    Thank you makkE for this nice model.
    DOWNLOAD

2.) g_shot model
    I found this g_shot model in the "Shambler Castle Mod" for Doom3 and want to share it with others who may be interested. I only converted it to .md3, made some normal and gloss textures and its ready for Quake now.
    Thank you for this great model to "Shambler Castle Mod" Team.
    DOWNLOAD

3.) New v_axe model
    I found that static model by Andrezz, called "The Axe" and like it at once.
    I animated this little beauty, added Obi Wanīs fist to it so that it can be used for Quake.
    Original files from Andrezz are included.
    Thank you Andrezz for your great model.
    Note: SMC-users must disable this cvar: zombieaxeanimation 0 to be able to use the new Axe.
    DOWNLOAD

4.) Improved Rogue waterfall (and other maps)
    Webangel, gdiddy62 and myself are working since years on and off on a better waterfall feature for Quake. Now that I found the model by Nieb (which was the last piece of the puzzle), I started again to rework it.
    - Textures for long water runway by webangel
    - Original model and texture for the waterfall by Nieb
    - Particle effects by Seven
    - Sound author unknown
    Needs the "small mod compilation" for Rogue to run.
    Best visual with realtime lighting enabled due to _gloss and _norm textures.
    Thank you to all who participated.
    DOWNLOAD

5.) Improved Health Boxes
    I found this little jewel at quaketastic.com and wanted to share it with others who didnt know it yet. Unfortunately no author name is mentioned. I only converted the small health box to MD3 so that it can use different replacement textures. And added QRP textures for both health boxes with some additional normals.
    It is a great work, which adds small additions to the original health boxes so that it is no longer a flat box, but that makes the difference.
    Thank you to the original author for those nice models.
    DOWNLOAD

6.) New torch
    I found a new torch model and textures from different authors and combined them into one torch. Modified the model size and shape to make it fit to Quake universe. Edited the textures and created a glow effect to make it complete.
    This torch can be used with the Small Mod Compilation aka SMC v5.0 or newer: http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...od-compilation
    Model by IceKK
    Upper part texture by Yuril
    Lower part texture by BuzzDee84
    Thank you very much to the original authors.
    DOWNLOAD

7.) Mutant monster Demon replacement
    frag.machine from insideqc.com mentioned that the Mutant monster would fit nicely in Quake. So I worked with the mutant, reworked his animations and ported the Mutant into Quake as an optional replacement for the Demon/Fiend.
    It can be used with vanilla Quake as well as the Small Mod Compilation. It has all the prerequisites for the additional SMC features: http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...od-compilation

DOWNLOAD

8.) Some new weapon models
    Some new not so well known weapon models for Quake.
    I took only some of the authors compilation and showed them in the below youtube clip. There are more weapons included in the packs.

First 3 are from dwere: download is in post #1344
    Last 3 are part from loga_mīs replacement weapon pack
    I had to adjust and tilt loga_mīs model positions a little to match the regular Quake model positions (as shown in the youtube clip).

Can be used in all quake engines.

Be sure to keep on track with the thread at func_msgboard, as dwere is reworking ALL original Quake weapons. His latest collection can be downloaded at post #1409 from there.
    Here are 2 new sample screenshots (click to enlarge):

9.) New torches
    I want to share 2 new torch models with you. Fire, flames and torches seem to attract quite a lot players. So I thought it is a good idea to have some new models to find the one that fits ones personal likings the most.
    The torches (because they are oriented) can be used with the Small mod compilation aka SMC v5.0 or newer: http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...od-compilation

A hanging chain fire: DOWNLOAD

A wall mounted fire: DOWNLOAD

10.) Shalrath with idle animation
    The shalrath in original Quake has no idle animation. She uses her 1st walk/run frame for idling, which results in a moveless/stiff/static model. Some may not like this and want to see her breathing/moving when using the ring of shadows or walking through maps with the notarget cheat.

I added an idle animation to the shalrath/vore model without the necessity of a QC change. So you do not need a mod or any other hack to have her animated idle animation.

Can be used in all quake engines.
    Download: http://quaketastic.com/files/models/...0animation.rar

Maybe some people find these things useful...

Best wishes,
    Seven
    Last edited by Seven; 03-01-2018, 12:55 PM.

I love that waterfall!
    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

oooh loving that armor and the axe!

the water-fall is also fantastic! its great to see that waterfall finally got an upgrade! <3

the shotgun pickup is also great! although i personally wont use it since i use the shotgun that i did together with bloodshot and thus it wont match with the hud.

ill add all of these to the list of my HD replacement content thread
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Great stuff Seven!!

Comment

I found EVERYTHING here useful!!! This is perfect and just what I needed. Thank you : )
          Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

I still prefer the old school way Quake looks but I have to say that these are pretty impressive models! Great job!

Comment

Hello,

For those of you who like the waterfall, there is something similar available for you to download if you didnt know it yet, here: click me softly

If you have some more ideas and want to do something by yourself, here are some tutorials to show you how here and maybe here

All of those threads are died and burried by the unique "Quakeone - thread - autolocker", so I am sorry if some screenshots or downloads are no longer available. There is no chance to edit thread posts once the intelligent "Quakeone - thread - autolocker" has killed them. Hurray to this fabulous forum feature.

Anyhow, best wishes,
              Seven

Comment

Locking a thread isn't killing it. The threads do still exist, it seems.

If you must continue posting in an autolocked thread (some forums don't even allow this), ask a mod to unlock them?

Alternatively, why not create a new thread and link to the old one.
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

In my opinion, those spiked armor made by Makke looks good in some medieval themed maps (Soul of Evil for example). How I can enable them? By putting them in the soe folder?
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Seven, I have been able to use this feature of the SMC to add talisa's drake book model into the podiums in HIP2M2. Now, the shambler preacher is actually reading a big Satan bible and it looks awesome! Also the secret with the pentagram has a closed book model on the podium now. It adds so much to the game, that I must post a screenshot.

Now, if anyone knows of a bell model, then it can be added to the strangely empty bell tower in hip2m2 to justify the random ringing bell noise that scares the shit out of you when you play the map ^.^!

Open book for shambler:

Closed book for the guy who lives in the cellar and reads his Necronomicon : )

Empty bell tower that has confused everyone who has ever played Hipnotic.

You can find Talisa's models in this old, forgotten, and autolocked thread: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...er-ups-hd.html

I hope someone will find those useful as well
                    Last edited by Pringles Man; 06-07-2015, 07:16 PM.

Comment

oh that looks very cool pringles man, my books in HIP2M2!

could you perhaps share your ent-file so that i can copy over the blocks to place my models into the map?

i know a bell-model which is available for doomsday for hexen1, but its a very ugly looking model.
                      the drake-mod has a bell which (kinda sad actually that it does) looks better then the one made for doomsday though, even though its low-poly and has low-res textures.

you could put that bell into the map
                      just look in the paks from drake, its called bellring.mdl

one of these days ill look into making a high-poly version of that bell-model for drake
                      Last edited by talisa; 06-07-2015, 08:08 PM.
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Sure, here are the coordinates and angles:

For CLOSED book

{
                        "classname" "place_model"
                        "origin" "1568 -312 -224"
                        "model" "progs/bookclos.mdl"
                        "alpha" "1"
                        "count" "2"
                        "angles" "-26 270 0"
                        "sold" "0"
                        "sizemin" "-15 -15 -2"
                        "sizemax" "15 15 35"
                        }

For OPEN book

{
                        "origin" "160 -1068 -64"
                        "model" "progs/bookopen.mdl"
                        "alpha" "1"
                        "count" "2"
                        "angles" "-26 270 0"
                        "sold" "0"
                        "sizemin" "-15 -15 -2"
                        "sizemax" "15 15 35"
                        }

Comment

thanx pringles

EDIT: in return, here's a block i made to place the bell from drake into the map:
                          Code:
                          {
                          "origin" "160 -872 1100"
                          "model" "progs/bellring.mdl"
                          "alpha" "1"
                          "count" "0.7""
                          "angles" "0 0 0"
                          "sold" "1"
                          "sizemin" "-15 -15 6"
                          "sizemax" "15 15 38"
                          }
                          Last edited by talisa; 06-08-2015, 07:46 AM.

Comment

psst..... pringles

Comment

It's looking nice!
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                              X