Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomnia HD Improved

Project died
    Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 09-30-2019, 10:51 AM.
    Make Quake Great Again

right from the get-go i noticed there are a couple textures which seem to have problems with being slightly tranparent while they shouldnt which causes the brushes behind them to be visible through them

in the start-map, there's metal9_3

and in the first map, there are palmetal12_3

and palmetal12_2

remove the alpha from them and make the textures 100% opaque to fix this
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Oh, I've forgot to write about this problem, I'm aware but forgot it. How do I remove the alpha in those textures? I'm quite noobie I know
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

simplest way is to convert them to another file-format and then back to tga
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

It works, thanks! Update in the first post. I think that some low quality textures can be improved by taking parts of QRP textures. I would like to add a nicer sky for last level and have transparent blood. I've wanted to make also high quality blood, I've tried to change color to DP pretty water slime from greed to red but it's still greenish, I think i have to edit some values but don't know which, maybe I have to ask in the the DP pretty water thread the reason.
          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
            I think that some low quality textures can be improved by taking parts of QRP textures.
            That is exactly what talisa does for the Quoth and Drake level textures.

I would like to have transparent blood. I've wanted to make also high quality blood, I've tried to change color to DP pretty water slime from greed to red but it's still greenish, I think i have to edit some values but don't know which, maybe I have to ask in the the DP pretty water thread the reason.
            An darkplaces "Pretty Blood Liquid pack" for Insomnia maps has already been done. Drop me a pm if you are interested.

Best wishes,
            Seven

Comment

I've tried to send you a PM, but it tells me your PM box is full and I cannot send messages ti'l you delete some of them. Send me a PM, I'm really intersted in that pretty blood liquid pack
              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

as far as i remember the original insomnia levels weren't compiled to support transparent water. if anyone interested in recompiled version just tell and i upload it.
                -
                jakub
                Last edited by jakub1; 06-08-2015, 11:08 AM.
                my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

You read my mind, I was asking for a way to have also HD water. Well, at this point, I'm more than intersted!
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

I'd kill to have this waterfall effect applied to bloodfalls in Insomnia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5s33GLaz5I
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

This is a compilation that IronWarfare made of several DP pretty water versions. I think also webangels hipnotic blood version has been used in some way.
                      I hope you like it: click.

Now when jakub uploads his vised maps (he has those super-fast-multithread-vis-tool-magics) everything should be good

Comment

Very thanks for the DP Pretty Blood. I've found the thread about it but no link. It would be even more awesome if you can see red when underwater (or underblood if you prefer) instead of transparent like standard water. Is possible to do?
                        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

'cause it looks like people are interested in having transparent water in insomnia. well.. i revised all insomnia levels years ago and now you can have them too.

http://www.filedropper.com/insomnia-revised

enjoy

jakub

EDIT> i forgot to include any reame.txt, but i guess you all know what to do with those files. just open pak0.pak in insomnia folder and replace the original files with the new ones.
                          Last edited by jakub1; 06-08-2015, 03:46 PM.
                          my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                          Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                          Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

Great! I've just edit the DP pretty blood, by putting the pk3 file in the main id1 folder now it supports more maps and episodes: Insomnia, Func_mapjam3 (Zerstorer theme) Zerstorer, Quoth maps, Nyarlatothep when you play them. If you know other maps that uses blood, let me know. I would like to know how to edit the blood to make it more opaque (similar to slime) and red even when you are underwater.
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Very thanks for the DP Pretty Blood. I've found the thread about it but no link. It would be even more awesome if you can see red when underwater (or underblood if you prefer) instead of transparent like standard water. Is possible to do?
                              Yes, it is. Via v_cshift command.

You can create a tiny little mod that use stuffcmd v_cshift when player is completely in water. It can look something like this:

Default water view:

Blood water view:

Do the same with slime (green) or whatever liquid you want...

I would like to know how to edit the blood to make it more opaque (similar to slime) and red even when you are underwater.
                              As always:
                              If you want to know how something works, open the files you just downloaded and read their content. Otherwise you will not know. Learning from samples is the best way to learn.

In your special case:
                              DP pretty water´s backbone is the dp shader: dp_water
                              This is how to use it:
                              dp_water <reflectmin> <reflectmax> <refractdistort> <reflectdistort> <refractr> <refractg> <refractb> <reflectr> <reflectg> <reflectb> <alpha>
                              Read more details in your "darkplaces.txt" directly in your Quake folder (it comes with Darkplaces zip file). But it is maybe best to further discuss this topic in the DP water thread.

Have fun tinkering,
                              Seven

Comment

Working...
                              X