Clear All

• PowerFulBR
    replied
    Link is broken

Leave a comment:

• Lupara
    replied
    Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
    That's not a skin, but an high poly model made by Rouhis and Seanstar. I've search the forum but didn't found it, so I've uploaded on my dropbox for you, enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knga5cw1q1...ouhis.pk3?dl=0
    I know it's a high poly model, but I referred to it as a skin because there's more than 1 HD version of the Scrag model. But hey, I appreciate you putting up a link to it. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Originally posted by Lupara View Post
    Where can I happen to get the Scrag skin seen in the screenshots?
    That's not a skin, but an high poly model made by Rouhis and Seanstar. I've search the forum but didn't found it, so I've uploaded on my dropbox for you, enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knga5cw1q1...ouhis.pk3?dl=0

Leave a comment:

• Lupara
    replied
    Where can I happen to get the Scrag skin seen in the screenshots?

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Originally posted by boho103 View Post
    Awesome work man! What Quake engine were you running for the screenshots? Those textures look fantastic, way to improve literally my favorite Quake campaign!
    Engine used is Darkplaces

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Duke
    replied
    Awesome work man! What Quake engine were you running for the screenshots? Those textures look fantastic, way to improve literally my favorite Quake campaign!

Leave a comment:

• Hipnotic Rogue
    replied
    Thanks for fixing the water issue. I'm really not sure why the models aren't high res. All I did was download and extract the zip contents to my Quake folder as per the instructions.

It's okay, though. I have an old install of a package called Quake HD. I just used that instead and now I have some high res goodness.

Thanks again, for your work on these projects.

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Originally posted by Hipnotic Rogue View Post
    I downloaded the new zip file from the OP and put it in a new folder with a fresh DP download and most of it looks lovely. However, the water in my game doesn't look like the water in the pictures. In my game the water is not clear. It's just the standard DP flat texture moving flatly across a plane. Also, I'm not sure if it's deliberate or not but the ammo and health pickups are the standard low res models. They kinda stand out poorly against the high res textures and weapons.

Other than that, your work is looking good as always.

PS: Have you considered making your package even more noob friendly by including DP itself in it? It might encourage newcomers a little more if there's one less hurdle for them to overcome.
    Standard low res models? Uh strange, they appear as HD models in my PC without problems. About DP, no I don't think to add DP because not all people uses the same DP versions. Uh about the water, It was my error, simply open the .pk3 called Insomnia-DP_Water_v1.3, rename the file called water.shader to insomniawater.shader. Thanks for reporting it, I've fixed it (you find updated link in first page, updated to v1.1)
    Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 05-01-2016, 02:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hipnotic Rogue
    replied
    I downloaded the new zip file from the OP and put it in a new folder with a fresh DP download and most of it looks lovely. However, the water in my game doesn't look like the water in the pictures. In my game the water is not clear. It's just the standard DP flat texture moving flatly across a plane. Also, I'm not sure if it's deliberate or not but the ammo and health pickups are the standard low res models. They kinda stand out poorly against the high res textures and weapons.

Other than that, your work is looking good as always.

PS: Have you considered making your package even more noob friendly by including DP itself in it? It might encourage newcomers a little more if there's one less hurdle for them to overcome.

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Big update!

- changed whole album gallery
    - instead of many different files, I've put all together in a single .rar archive
    - updated texture pack with a few more textures and some replaced with better ones
    - updated and improved RTlights
    - added skyboxes

Leave a comment:

• Hipnotic Rogue
    replied
    I see. I'm still getting used to all this fancy shiny stuff so it'll take me a while to get used to all its idiosyncracies.

Sorry I can't give you more useful feedback.

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Originally posted by PFL View Post
    I've played through the map with the HD stuff and I quite enjoyed it. I don't really have much of any worth to say as I've never really played with HD stuff so don't have much experience with it.

As much as I was impressed though, I would say that I found it all to be rather too dark (especially in the mines). Sometimes I literally couldn't see anything!

I used the latest DP build and had RT lights turned up to 1 if that makes any difference.

All in all though, it was fun.
    Yes, RTlights should be turned to a valor that's enough to not see too dark, and it varies from map to map. Some maps with the right lightmap valor don't even need lights like rooms and skies. Making lights in rooms and skies in Insomnia would have taken a lot of time and much more lights, so more fps drop.

Leave a comment:

• Hipnotic Rogue
    replied
    I've played through the map with the HD stuff and I quite enjoyed it. I don't really have much of any worth to say as I've never really played with HD stuff so don't have much experience with it.

As much as I was impressed though, I would say that I found it all to be rather too dark (especially in the mines). Sometimes I literally couldn't see anything!

I used the latest DP build and had RT lights turned up to 1 if that makes any difference.

All in all though, it was fun.

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Originally posted by PFL View Post
    Thanks.

I'll have a little play around this evening.
    Thanks and write here what you think of it. Feedback is important

Leave a comment:

• Hipnotic Rogue
    replied
    Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
    You have to put the files inside your Insomnia folder, except for the HD blood, that should go in id1 folder, because many other maps uses the HD blood.
    Thanks.

I'll have a little play around this evening.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X