drake mod: firey dogs and bloody slimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drake mod: firey dogs and bloody slimes

did some modified skins for ruohis hi-poly tarbaby-model and capnbub's authentic-improved dog-model
    for the variants found in drake-maps like nyarlathotep, Something Wicked This Way Comes and A Roman Wilderness Of Pain

the hell-hound:

and the bloody tarbaby:

> DOWNLOAD HD DRAKE DOG v1.01 < (v1.01 now includes glow luma and normal-maps to prevent engine from using maps for ID1 dog)

> DOWNLOAD HD DRAKE TARBABY v1.1 < (v1.1 gave all tarbaby's the same teeth and made the flesh variant more dark and gritty-looking)

ive also made all other skin variants even though i have no clue if and where any of the other skins might be used.

[img][/img]

if anybody knows if they are used in any maps, let me know and i will make pictures of those as well
    Last edited by talisa; 06-17-2015, 02:56 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Great! The grey dog can be used for Soul of Evil
    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

ah yeah, the grey dog was used in SoE!
      now i remember why i ever made the grey skin for dog
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Tested Arcanum, why teeth appear on dog's ass?
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

It looks like you just put a see-through color over the entire texture. Is that how it is originally? It doesn't look very good. they need some deviance. It looks like lollipop flavors of the monsters, as opposed to different races.

Comment

@blood vengeance
            if you see the textures wrong that means you are trying to use textures for ID1 model with capnbub's model or vice versa.
            both are mdls, so DP will put textures made for one on the other.

if you have any textures or models for the dog in your arcanum folder, remove them.
            i include both capnbubs model and textures, so you dont need any other models or textures in your arcanum folder

@anubis
            yes they are simple recolors. i am no texture artist and those textures are old. while not really visible in the pictures i did also add a fur-like effect over the dog
            i didnt release them before because they arent to great looking, but i released them anyway cuz bloodvengeance asked for them.

and yes, the original skins for ID1 models are also simple recolors.
            Last edited by talisa; 06-17-2015, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I bet if you just changed the color of the teeth on the tarbabies it would look a lot better. Just something to add some contrast.

Comment

In my Arcanum folder I've got only your dog model and textures. The red dog works fine, don't know why the standard dog is messed up.
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

hmm... perhaps you have luma or glow-maps for skins for the ID1 dog in pk3's in your ID1 folder.
                  i've added empty glow luma and normal-maps in the pk3 to prevent the engine from using additional maps found in the ID1 folder

re-download the new updated pack, the issue should be gone

Comment

Issue remains, even if i remove the dog file in id1 folder. In Soul of Evil Indian Summer the gray dog doesn't appear: only standard dog with teeth on his ass
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

after thinking about what anubis said, i decided to give all tarbaby's the teeth from ruohis original texture

and i also played around a bit with the fleshy variant to make it less bright and make it match better.
                      it stood out to much being so bright and smooth-looking. now its more gritty and gross-looking

Comment

Yes! Now it's better. The meaty variant where is used?
                        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

glad the update fixed the issue.

and no idea if the meat-tarbaby is used at all in any maps

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                            glad the update fixed the issue.

and no idea if the meat-tarbaby is used at all in any maps
                            The update on tarbaby or dog? Tarbaby is better, but dog still gives me issue. Maybe it's only me who got this trouble with the dog
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

oh i thought your "Yes! Now it's better." meant the issue with the dog was fixed

try making a new clean setup which only has darkplaces and arcanum
                              and only the pak files in ID1 folder, and only has the drake dogs pk3 inside the arcanum folder

and try running arcanum with that clean setup.
                              if the problem still persists then, it might just be a problem with your gpu.

if the dog looks fine then, i would do some investigating on all the items you have in your setup
                              to find which pk3 or file you have taht might be conflicting with the drake dogs pk3

Comment

Working...
                              X