Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abyss of Pandemonium: new, improved and reforged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abyss of Pandemonium: new, improved and reforged!

Project died
    Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 09-30-2019, 10:52 AM. Reason: Fuck LordValsary and his shitty CUMpilation
    Make Quake Great Again

let there be fire!

simple 10 min cut/copy code hack. based on old version of seven's smc. no fancy stuff like adjustable torches from the recent smc version, just particle-based fire for wall torches and big fire.

jakub
    my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
    Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
    Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

Originally posted by jakub1 View Post
      simple 10 min cut/copy code hack. based on old version of seven's smc. no fancy stuff like adjustable torches from the recent smc version, just particle-based fire for wall torches and big fire.

jakub
      You made HD torches for AoP? Can you share them please, so I upload in the file list
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Jakub, you are our lord and savior! I can work on particle effects for the napalm gun-based things if you add those to the qc too. Is this added to the bugfix QC Seven made for AoP?

And Blood, I now understand why the shader was included. I didn't get it when I downloaded the pack you sent me. But nonetheless, I do have very good news for you! I think I can make an optimized version of your NEW RTlights which include the triggered lights you missed!!! I'm also glad you decided to make a hub for AoP content. Great to get people started! Make sure you link people to the vised maps so they can have transparent water.

I can also create a much nicer version of the texture pack (which looks just about identical to it) you sent me with QRP style gloss and normal maps!

Also some feedback for them:

Looks great, especially in the base levels!!!!

But in the demon levels, some things to think about:

In AoP1m5, I really enjoyed the 1.0 version of the giant room with the spike trap and collapsing floor. The purple windows were much more pronounced, and it broke up the redness of the level (which, don't get me wrong, looks AMAZING, especially near the start of the map). I shall update this myself with the inclusion of triggered lights.

Also, in the giant runic monestary with the 3 Jesus faces, I feel as though the torch light should be expanded, and the white light should be used less somehow. I don't know how yet, but I must look into it. Also past the bars in that room there is a cross on the wall which is a button to a secret. I think the lighting could be used to denote that, since there is nothing special about the texture for it.

Your work of the gold and silver key rooms is quite excellent!!!

The Blud battle room should have all of its torches converted to orange and have style 1. You did a great job on the door to his chamber though.

The cave with the zombies in AoP1M4 is too dark. Expand the light radius of the torches.

The gold key cave is too bright, and so is the valley with the shambler. There is also a profusion of too much white sky lights and just white lights in general.

Heresey should have more yellow and orange lighting in the starting room, and less white lights. That's all I have lol.

To expand upon your wanted list, add these to-do's:

QC (stuff I can't do)
        1. A model for napalm gun that isn't G_Rock.mdl

2. QC taken from the SMC to replace AoP rain and snow

3. Particle flames to replace all shitty flame models everywhere in AoP

Models (stuff I might be able to do)
        1. Preferably, we should prioritize weapon and projectile models.

2. Make a less glitchy and better animated blud model (definitely can't do that one)

Sounds (stuff I already did)
        1. I must release the sound pack I made!!!!

Textures (stuff I can easily help you with)
        1. Finish the texture pack with gloss/luma/norms.

Is the shader 100% complete by any chance?

RTLights (stuff I'll work on later)
        1. Fix triggered lights and tweak a few things I mentioned.

Skins (I'm on it)
        1. Juggernauts (#1 priority when I have more time)

2. Grenling

3. Dark knights

4. Legond (not sure If a will be able to do this one, but with some effort, I might be able to push through)
        Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
          Jakub, you are our lord and savior! I can work on particle effects for the napalm gun-based things if you add those to the qc too. Is this added to the bugfix QC Seven made for AoP?

And Blood, I now understand why the shader was included. I didn't get it when I downloaded the pack you sent me. But nonetheless, I do have very good news for you! I think I can make an optimized version of your NEW RTlights which include the triggered lights you missed!!! I'm also glad you decided to make a hub for AoP content. Great to get people started! Make sure you link people to the vised maps so they can have transparent water.

I can also create a much nicer version of the texture pack (which looks just about identical to it) you sent me with QRP style gloss and normal maps!

Also some feedback for them:

Looks great, especially in the base levels!!!!

But in the demon levels, some things to think about:

In AoP1m5, I really enjoyed the 1.0 version of the giant room with the spike trap and collapsing floor. The purple windows were much more pronounced, and it broke up the redness of the level (which, don't get me wrong, looks AMAZING, especially near the start of the map). I shall update this myself with the inclusion of triggered lights.

Also, in the giant runic monestary with the 3 Jesus faces, I feel as though the torch light should be expanded, and the white light should be used less somehow. I don't know how yet, but I must look into it. Also past the bars in that room there is a cross on the wall which is a button to a secret. I think the lighting could be used to denote that, since there is nothing special about the texture for it.

Your work of the gold and silver key rooms is quite excellent!!!

The Blud battle room should have all of its torches converted to orange and have style 1. You did a great job on the door to his chamber though.

The cave with the zombies in AoP1M4 is too dark. Expand the light radius of the torches.

The gold key cave is too bright, and so is the valley with the shambler. There is also a profusion of too much white sky lights and just white lights in general.

Heresey should have more yellow and orange lighting in the starting room, and less white lights. That's all I have lol.

To expand upon your wanted list, add these to-do's:

QC (stuff I can't do)
          1. A model for napalm gun that isn't G_Rock.mdl

2. QC taken from the SMC to replace AoP rain and snow

3. Particle flames to replace all shitty flame models everywhere in AoP

Models (stuff I might be able to do)
          1. Preferably, we should prioritize weapon and projectile models.

2. Make a less glitchy and better animated blud model (definitely can't do that one)

Sounds (stuff I already did)
          1. I must release the sound pack I made!!!!

Textures (stuff I can easily help you with)
          1. Finish the texture pack with gloss/luma/norms.

Is the shader 100% complete by any chance?

RTLights (stuff I'll work on later)
          1. Fix triggered lights and tweak a few things I mentioned.

Skins (I'm on it)
          1. Juggernauts (#1 priority when I have more time)

2. Grenling

3. Dark knights

4. Legond (not sure If a will be able to do this one, but with some effort, I might be able to push through)
          Thanks for the feedback, should I edit the RTlights or you want to edit them yourself?
          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

The Blud battle room has torches to style 1, all of them, just checked. Do you have RTlights 2.0 or old version?
            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Wait, never mind. You are right. Sorry about that. I'm assuming you wouldn't know how to correct triggered lights, but the theory is something like this: Take the original .bsp with original lighting, name it something else, and put it into the same maps folder that contains the map you want to correct. Example: if you took start.bsp, and wanted to correct the lights in the hell passage, you would tak ethe original AoP start.bsp with no corrected lights and name it, say, start2.bsp and put it int he same folder. So head over to start2.bsp and go down to the hell passage. Find the light you want to correct, COPY it, close the RTlights editor (or don't, if you don't want to), and head over to start.bsp. Once there, run down to the place you copied the light from, and paste it there. Manually adjust the color, and repeat this process for ever missed light in the game.

It'll be annoying as hell, but IMO, it's worth it. If you want to take on the task of correcting the triggered lights, that's how you do it. Wanna try it out? This includes the lightning in Heresey.

Comment

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
                Wait, never mind. You are right. Sorry about that. I'm assuming you wouldn't know how to correct triggered lights, but the theory is something like this: Take the original .bsp with original lighting, name it something else, and put it into the same maps folder that contains the map you want to correct. Example: if you took start.bsp, and wanted to correct the lights in the hell passage, you would tak ethe original AoP start.bsp with no corrected lights and name it, say, start2.bsp and put it int he same folder. So head over to start2.bsp and go down to the hell passage. Find the light you want to correct, COPY it, close the RTlights editor (or don't, if you don't want to), and head over to start.bsp. Once there, run down to the place you copied the light from, and paste it there. Manually adjust the color, and repeat this process for ever missed light in the game.

It'll be annoying as hell, but IMO, it's worth it. If you want to take on the task of correcting the triggered lights, that's how you do it. Wanna try it out? This includes the lightning in Heresey.
                I've done it for storms in Aop1m4 and start map.
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Don't forget to put blinking lights where you forgot them. I think you missed a lot in the start map. Those are easier to spot. Just turn the RTWorld off in the darkplaces settings, and it will show you what the original lighting looked like.

Comment

Fixed start map rtlights. I'll check other maps to see blinking lights, and if there are, to correct them. Then I'll update to 2.1 version
                    Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 09-24-2015, 04:20 PM.
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Great stuff guys! Thanks!

Comment

Your enthusiasm is infectious,
                        it's looking really great Team Pringles-Vengeance!
                        Keep up the good work!
                        Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                        https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                        https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                        https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

This is looking great, good job BV!

Comment

Well I got a much better looking texture pack put together based more on yours. It's not perfect, but you be the judge. You can post them here if you want. Can't wait to see what the finished RTlights look like!

Comment

I'm making a small update for texture pack, before uploading I want to resolve an annoying glitch:

These textures got the same name as some base quake 1 textures but old texture appear behind it even if they have their own norm and gloss, quite weird.
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                              X