Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abyss of Pandemonium: new, improved and reforged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed a missing light though just now. In AoP1m2, the light by the gold keycard is a triggered one. Don't know of any others yet.

The zombie cave in AoP1m4 is still to dark IMO. I also think you should make the underwater lights much less intense. I'm pretty sure the T key + the mouse wheel in the RTlights editor is good for that, as it keeps the color ratio, but reduces the numbers for each color, making the overall brightness of the light lower or higher. I would also make them more brown, especially in the caves lacking any lightsource whatsoever.

I still would expand the influence of the purple lighting in the big room in AoP1m5.

Is there a way to fix the misaligned cieling window textures in AoP1m5 using shaders?

Dude, the runic chapel in AoP1m5 looks fucking AMAZING!@!@!!@!@!@!!

Am I the only one who thinks the windows past the lg2 prototype should play more of a role in the lighting?

You missed the triggered lighting effect in AoP2m1 when you kill a knight. I think the yellow and orange lighting should play more of a role here like I mentioned before.

Carnage castle is perfect.

Central Complex looks great.

AoPend is good enough.
    Last edited by Pringles Man; 09-27-2015, 04:43 PM.
    Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

Ok, I can't get episode 2 to open for me. I get to the blud boss and then get dumped back to the beginning.

What am I doing wrong??

-EDIT- I got it !
      Last edited by gdiddy62; 09-27-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
        I noticed a missing light though just now. In AoP1m2, the light by the gold keycard is a triggered one. Don't know of any others yet.

The zombie cave in AoP1m4 is still to dark IMO. I also think you should make the underwater lights much less intense. I'm pretty sure the T key + the mouse wheel in the RTlights editor is good for that, as it keeps the color ratio, but reduces the numbers for each color, making the overall brightness of the light lower or higher. I would also make them more brown, especially in the caves lacking any lightsource whatsoever.

I still would expand the influence of the purple lighting in the big room in AoP1m5.

Is there a way to fix the misaligned cieling window textures in AoP1m5 using shaders?

Dude, the runic chapel in AoP1m5 looks fucking AMAZING!@!@!!@!@!@!!

Am I the only one who thinks the windows past the lg2 prototype should play more of a role in the lighting?

You missed the triggered lighting effect in AoP2m1 when you kill a knight. I think the yellow and orange lighting should play more of a role here like I mentioned before.

Carnage castle is perfect.

Central Complex looks great.

AoPend is good enough.
        I've replaced lights in the cave and underwater with a light brown light, and in my opinion looks really good. Corrected the lights in aop2m1 when you kill a knight. New version of RTlights almost done. Which big room in Aop1m5 should I expand purple light?
        Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 09-28-2015, 11:07 AM.
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

ohh. AOP is muy favorite quake-mod of the history!!
          I will try it!!It looks fantastic!!!
          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
            ohh. AOP is muy favorite quake-mod of the history!!
            I will try it!!It looks fantastic!!!
            I'm glad that someone likes AoP so much. Even if it's not my favourite, it's for sure one of my favourites and for sure the most underrated.
            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Small updates in first page:

- Added Dlits for non RTlight users
              - Updated RTlights to version 2.2
              - Updated Texture pack and script to version 1.1
              - Added support for teleports! Check first page: note that not all versions are supported, reason explained in first page of the thread.
              Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 09-28-2015, 12:25 PM.
              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

WOW!!, your work is awesome!!
                I didnt finish the mod , but the first look is fantastic!!

what about your Zerstorer RTlights ??
                About zerstorer i think rain need to be updated to darkplaces engine and use the Seven´s SMC torches
                if you need help with some qc work for zerstorer just tell me !!
                the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                  WOW!!, your work is awesome!!
                  I didnt finish the mod , but the first look is fantastic!!

what about your Zerstorer RTlights ??
                  About zerstorer i think rain need to be updated to darkplaces engine and use the Seven´s SMC torches
                  if you need help with some qc work for zerstorer just tell me !!
                  I've deleted link to Zer RTlights because new ones are coming and are almost finished, if not completely finished, need only some testing. Are you capable of adding rain and Seven's SMC torches? Send me a PM so we talk better, this is getting very intersting......
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Did you "modernize" also the final boss?
                    Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
                      Did you "modernize" also the final boss?
                      What do you mean by "modernizing" final boss?
                      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

New model, new skin, new sounds, new whatever you replace...
                        Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

I'm not a modeler nor a skinner unfortunately (tried 10000 times since I was 14 but I'm terrible), at the moment the skin is a bit improved with an higher resolution, norm and gloss. Pringles Man maybe can work on her skin in the future.
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Can you post a screenshot? Pretty please?

Comment

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
                              Can you post a screenshot? Pretty please?
                              Here you can see her: of course not Reforged or Fragger's quality, but at least you can see reflects from rtlights :

Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Small update incoming, fissed some issues with some textures, so button textures will be included in next release.
                                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X