Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abyss of Pandemonium: new, improved and reforged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
    Small update incoming, fissed some issues with some textures, so button textures will be included in next release.
    I am using Quake HD Remix.

Do i just put the pk3 files straight into the impel folder and they will work

thanks for all the work on Abyss

Unrelated question, with the dark places engines do you know with Textures whether setting it at 3 or 0 is the higher quality setting

Thanks

Comment

Making new and improved RTlights
      Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Update for textures and RTlights are done. Before releasing them I need help with a thing: I'm changing a texture via script, window03, but I need to know the scale values. After this I'll upload the new stuff (also updated the gallery)
        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Update for textures and RTlights are done. Before releasing them I need help with a thing: I'm changing a texture via script, window03, but I need to know the scale values. After this I'll upload the new stuff (also updated the gallery)
          tcMod scale x y
          ( x and y are the numeric values)
          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
            ( x and y are the numeric values)
            Yes I know, but unfortunately I don't know the exact value
            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

to reduce the size try values like 2 2, 4 4
              the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Big update: a new version of RTlights, an updated texture pack and a completely new gallery! Check first page
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Wishlist for future releases:

- Change Legond projectiles: she shots rockets.....from her hands! That's really weird! In my opinion the projectile should be changed to something like Vore/Wrath projectile
                  - change juggernaught projectiles: high quality laser replacement made by Ooppee when they start to use their laser guns
                  - Change napalm launcher flame effect with an higher quality HD effect
                  - Change prototype plasma shots with something in higher quality
                  - HD torches
                  - Start map: HD rain
                  - Map Aop1m4: HD rain
                  - Fix floating ammo pack in some maps
                  - Fixing remaining small bugs
                  - Finish the remaining textures
                  Hello Blood Vengeance,

Half of your wishlist items can be done by simply replacing models with external ones. You should know already how to do that.
                  Flames and rain code can be used from SMC if you need/want to. There is a tutorial that shows exactly how to create rain for maps. So you should be able to do this as well.
                  The issues you are facing by "fixing floating packs" and "small bugs" are most probably DP related, arent they ? You know how to enable those gameplay fixes I assume.

Have fun with your project.

Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    Hello Blood Vengeance,

Half of your wishlist items can be done by simply replacing models with external ones. You should know already how to do that.
                    Flames and rain code can be used from SMC if you need/want to. There is a tutorial that shows exactly how to create rain for maps. So you should be able to do this as well.
                    The issues you are facing by "fixing floating packs" and "small bugs" are most probably DP related, arent they ? You know how to enable those gameplay fixes I assume.

Have fun with your project.

Kind regards
                    Yes but I don't know with which models replace them. About coding, to me is like an alien language, and til now I was convinced that some stuff can be enabled only by having original source code (for example with torches). Yes, I can do Rain (thanks to your tutorial), I've put rain in a map (was lost unfortunately, but I have choosen a small map only for testing purposes) but how to remove the low poly rain in the start map? I have too much to learn yet
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Hey Blood Vengeance,

been ages since I touched Quake. Thanks for taking the time to "mod our mod". Guess I'll check it out if I can still get Quake to run!

Cheers,
                      mexx

Comment

Originally posted by mexx View Post
                        Hey Blood Vengeance,

been ages since I touched Quake. Thanks for taking the time to "mod our mod". Guess I'll check it out if I can still get Quake to run!

Cheers,
                        mexx
                        So were you in the team behind Abyss of Pandemonium?
                        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Oh now I recognize you, you are Mexx, you made Penumbra of Domination, Cassandra Calamity etc... great! Didn't know you were also involved with AoP. I like a lot your works, they are still Quake classics even since many years have passed. I've done some improvements to Mexx9 and 10 too but I have to update them since I'm not quite satistifed with the RTlights I've done for them.
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Yeah, I did 4 maps for AoP: Enter the Abyss, The Forgotten One, Heresy and The Absolution.

Comment

Originally posted by mexx View Post
                              Yeah, I did 4 maps for AoP: Enter the Abyss, The Forgotten One, Heresy and The Absolution.
                              Great! Heresy is one of my favourite maps. During that time was quite difficult to obtain a boxed copy of AoP here in Italy, so I've tried only a demo version included in a magazine. A friend of mine promised me a boxed copy (for collecting purposes), but I'm still waiting for it
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

hi mexx,
                                -
                                it's an honor to have a chance to speak (write) to you. your mexx series were the first custom q1 levels i've played. literally, you are the reason why i got stuck with quake. penumbra of domination is a timeless classic gem.
                                -
                                jakub
                                my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                                Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                                Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

Working...
                                X