• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea, I haven't played BB yet.
    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

We may have a problem with Seven's QC code in this mod/fix. It seems it's generating an infinite amount of edicts while Chthulu dies. Darkplaces compensates this by assigning as many edicts as needed, but other engines like Mark V have limits and eventually run out of edicts. DP is just "lucky" if you have enough memory until Chthulu is gone, otherwise I guess it would crash, too.

8192 (Mark V limit) is a very high edicts value, and even most modern maps usually need half of it at max. If that is not enough for an addon from 1997, then something isn't right. 640 was the limit for edicts back then, and it should work with that.

Seven, please review your code if you can to make your fixes work with non-DP ports (which was the idea in the first place). Please with sugar on top (imagine plush eyes here)! *.*
      Last edited by NightFright; 11-26-2016, 01:32 AM.
      Authentic Models Pack
      OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
      LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

I just did a quick investigation it has the same problem in Quakespasm as well and instantly runs out of edicts and it has an identically high limit --- no doubt all the vanilla-like engines will have same issue.

Was fun to play a bit of Beyond Belief again to check it out.

/If someone was going to post my "guess" from a description of the problem, I sure wanted to double-check and make sure my guess was right. Anyway, I'm more base mappy/custom monster-like in my single player tastes ... but wanted to make sure my guess was right ... Baker sneaks out.
        Last edited by Baker; 11-26-2016, 03:00 AM.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yepp, should have mentioned this was Baker's assumption, not mine. Sorry for that! I just guessed it had something to do with insufficient amount of edicts.
          Authentic Models Pack

Comment

extensions for Beyond Belief

Originally posted by

EXTENSIONS
            Seven made beautiful extensions for Beyond Belief that adds bugfixes, particles flames and more, you can check this thread for detailed info and screenshots [url
            http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod-releases/finished-works/12381-travail-quake-journey-some-extensions-2.html[/url]

download link here: Zippyshare.com -
            Please reupload dead link.

Greetings.

Comment

Hi BV, the rtlights link is broken.

Comment

Dead and buried
                Last edited by Blood Vengeance; 09-30-2019, 10:54 AM. Reason: Fuck LordValsary and his shitty CUMpilation
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Since Seven's fix didn't work for me and I wanted a vanilla-like solution for BB after all, I decided to dive into the depths of QuakeC coding, at least for a bit, to make the addon completely playable. I succeeded and playtested all the maps in Quakespasm-Spiked. Everything works as intended, including killing the boss in the final level (no crashes!).

What makes the progs.dat that comes with BB suck is that it's compiled with QC 1.01, meaning that you lose some functionality, especially impulse 12 (previous weapon). I took Worch's bossqc.zip and compared it to the original QC 1.01 source to see what changed, then I applied the same changes (making Cthulu killable, but skipping impulse 166 since that would only display a needless info message) to the 1.06 source. On top of that I added corrections for weapon projectiles and important code fixes from URQP which gets rid of big annoyances like the fish count bug, Megahealth rotting health too fast if you pick up more than one, door key sound not playing and others. Nothing that would change actual gameplay or any visuals, just bugfixes.

To top it off, two map fixes are included as .ent files, one for BBELIEF6 to properly teleport you out of the spike trap (already existed before) and another for BBSECRET which makes a ceiling button to trigger a spike trap (for killing a Shambler near the gold key door) work as intended (that is new and was made by myself). As a bonus, a small quake.rc file is also included so that the addon start map is loaded directly without having to use startup parameters.

(Oh, and needless to say, the source for the new progs.dat is included in the zipfile, in case you want to take a look or use it for your own purposes.)

Download "Beyond Belief Fix" v1.01 (191 KB)

Summary of what's included:
                  - ENT file to fix spike trap escape in BBELIEF6 for modern ports
                  - ENT file to fix secret ceiling spike trap in BBSECRET for modern ports
                  - Quake.rc file to load start map (BBSTART) automatically
                  - New progs.dat based on QuakeC 1.06 source code (updated source included)
                  - Impulse 12 (Prev. Weapon) support
                  - Weapon projectile fixes when aiming up/down
                  - Includes many fixes from Maddes' URQP, e.g. for door sounds, fish count, Megahealth rotting too fast etc.

How to use:
                  - Extract pak1.pak and quake.rc into your "Beyond Belief" directory
                  - Launch "Beyond Belief" as usual

I hope you enjoy this!

*UPDATE Dec 17, 2020*
                  Updated to version 1.01 (fix for quake.rc which did not load all necessary Quake defaults)
                  Last edited by NightFright; 12-17-2020, 04:14 AM.
                  Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Working...
                  X