No announcement yet.

jakub's RT lights experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, cool stuff - fyi I found that darkplaces has a built-in algorithm for removing those pink fringes that are visible in the "after" screenshot.
    Just run "fixtrans textures/telefragged/*.tga" from the console, and it will process all of the tga's to remove the fringes. iirc, it saves them to the same directory where DP writes savegames / screenshots etc.

Comment

thanks ericw, i didn't know darkplaces has such feature. at first i didn't know what you meant but now i tried it and the result is great.

edit
      i updated the fix pack - pink fringes are gone. link in the first post leads to the updated file.
      Last edited by jakub1; 01-28-2016, 01:37 PM.

Comment

cataractnacon transparent textures fix

hi there, i've made a small darkplaces fix for cataractnacon. more info at end of the first post.

enjoy

Comment

finally update after a long time

i finished RTlights for quoth level dorghael arhlannen. not a big level but great architecture and the design of light posts allows unique look of light&shadow. pics and link in the first post.

jakub

Comment

sweeeeeet, i absolutely love Sidhe's Dorghael Arhlannen <3
            thanx for making RTlights for the map, ill check them out soon

you should make more RTlights for other ikblue/ikwhite maps
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

just checked out your RTlights for dorgheal arhlannen....

they look absolutely gorgeous! love what you did with the gold and blue RT lights,
              they give a lovely contrast between each area and adds some variety.

you should totally make RTlights for more ikblue/ikwhite maps!

like it would be absolutely awesome to have RTlights for func_mapjam2: https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/func_mapjam2.html
              especially skacky's map or sock's map from that mapjam i love

or Iikka Keränen's original IKblue map-set https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/?...2+Ker%C3%A4nen

or maybe you could make RTlights for Tronyn's Arcanum episode? <3
              https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/arcanum.html
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

hi talisa

thanks for your kind words. of course, there are two reasons why level dorgheal arhlannen looks so good:
                1st - the level itself is beautifully designed
                2nd - hires textures made by you helped a lot

my rtlights are just a small finishing touch.

there is a small surprise at the bottom of the 1st post - rtlights for another quoth level - I Pity Thee Not. i like all the levels you suggested (and they are waiting in the pipeline together with many others) but wanted to try something different this time. luckily, it didn't take another year to finish another level. prepare for some runic experience.

jakub
                Last edited by jakub1; 11-05-2017, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X