Quake 1.5 - Release Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone who might find it useful.

I managed to make several progs.dat files for quake and both mission packs to be used with quake 1.5 models so that all projectile/firing positions are now corrected.

This should hopefully work in all engines though I only tested it using qbism super.

Unfortunately, the lightning gun does fire from the correct position but will move around a bit and not stay in place. This is one thing that is beyond me to fix outside of dark places. It seems like the lightning beam model does not update quite fast enough so it gets left behind for a second as the player moves. If anyone has any suggestions for how to fix it outside of dark places, I will be sure to update it.

Just copy the corresponding progs.dat file to the proper folder.

Anyways, enjoy.

Quake:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...ew?usp=sharing

Scourge of Armagon:

Dissolution of Eternity:

Thanks to Seven for the tips and info and of course thanks to Bloodshot for the nice new models.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend View Post
      For anyone who might find it useful.

I managed to make several progs.dat files for quake and both mission packs to be used with quake 1.5 models so that all projectile/firing positions are now corrected.

This should hopefully work in all engines though I only tested it using qbism super.

Unfortunately, the lightning gun does fire from the correct position but will move around a bit and not stay in place. This is one thing that is beyond me to fix outside of dark places. It seems like the lightning beam model does not update quite fast enough so it gets left behind for a second as the player moves. If anyone has any suggestions for how to fix it outside of dark places, I will be sure to update it.

Just copy the corresponding progs.dat file to the proper folder.

Anyways, enjoy.

Quake:

Scourge of Armagon:

Dissolution of Eternity:

Thanks to Seven for the tips and info and of course thanks to Bloodshot for the nice new models.
      i will be sure to check this out! thanks! (maybe bloodshot would consider allowing this to be packed with an updated version of his mod).

edit:
      so i checked it out! everything looks great, except,obviously, the lg. i have to say, it looks pretty funky when you move haha!
      Last edited by Syluxguy28O3; 12-31-2015, 08:31 AM.
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

About muzzle flashes, aren't they actually part of the gun models? At least for the shotguns and nail guns I'm pretty sure they are. Otherwise, I think dp is the only way to add them using quakec code. I could be wrong.
        Last edited by Legend; 12-31-2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I could add in muzzle flashes through the model itself, I did that with the hipnotic laser and it looks okay, i would just need to properly hide them so you don't see them in the wrong place. I just avoided doing that initially because 2d muzzleflashes in other games typically look much better.

Reskinned the SMC warlord and added horns and new sounds

EDIT:

Nice job on the positions legend, for the LG is it possible for you to push the origin of the beam forward so the start point is under the end of the viewmodel, instead of at the player himself? It'll still lag behind but it might make it look like its coming from the gun all the time.
          Last edited by Bloodshot; 12-31-2015, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodshot View Post
            Nice job on the positions legend, for the LG is it possible for you to push the origin of the beam forward so the start point is under the end of the viewmodel, instead of at the player himself? It'll still lag behind but it might make it look like its coming from the gun all the time.
            Thanks. Glad you like them.

I'm not sure about moving the lightning up more. I guess you mean so it looks closer to coming out of the very tip of the gun instead of underneath it? I'll have to look into it more. This was actually my first time playing around with projectile positions in qc code, so I don't fully know what I'm doing.

Does it look like the pic I attached?

Btw, that warlord skin and horns look really cool. Makes me wanna see if I can figure out a way to make a non dark places compatible version of smc(lite) with those more original style skins of yours.
            Attached Files

Comment

This mod has a lot of really cool stuff! Keep up the great work, Bloodshot & team.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Regarding super8 and cl_beams_quakepositionhack- Instead of undoing this hack (I like it, came from quakeworld originally IIRC) what about position offset cvars for lightning? cl_beam_offset_x , y, and z. And if so, should the offset be for ALL beams or just lightning?

Comment

...or it could have BOTH offsets cl_beams_quakepositionhack. Don't like added cvars, but thinking of vanilla compatibility.

Comment

ummm, sorry for triple-post, just the way my mind works. Here's a test build with cvar_t cl_beams_quakepositionhack. Position offsets cvars would make modding more confusing, so decided against that.
                    qbismS8-test-01-02-16.zip

In Seven's video, I'm curious about how the beam was locked to player AND with an offset. Is it a DP-only possibility?

Comment

remodeled the explobox to fit better with the arcane dimensions assets

Comment

Nice! That's what I do with the old textures, too. Some of them are tricky because they aren't exactly level or centered. When that happens, I model half and flip it.

There's one base texture that comes to mind. I don't remember the name but, you can't just 3Dify it like talking about it.
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

New enforcer model, bottom half is the AD grunt retextured, top half i remodeled

Comment

Hehe, Capnbubs butt-pockets are back.

Looks great Bloodshot !
                            I knew you have the modeling skills.
                            Now we finally get the faithful ogre that we are all waiting for, that Capnbubs could not finish...

Please keep up the good work.
                            This mod/thread is making fantastic progress.

2 thumbs up

Comment

This is all looking really sharp.

Ideas:

backpacks being replaced with character-dependent drop models? So for example, when you kill a grunt, he drops his actual gun which is the shotgun shell pickup

Point blank shotgun blasts kick normal sized enemies back a bit? Not too crazy, but enough to remind the player that's a goddamn shotgun they're firing.
                              **Also, tighten and raise the view of the standard shotgun a bit. it feels like its being held too far out in front of the player compared to the other guns.

Bleedout from the axe. After ~2 chops, the enemy starts leaking blood and could actually die from bloodloss.

Nails stick in the wall for a bit after impact. I remember RMQ doing this, loved it. Also a random chance that the nail will continue straight through the enemy, possibly into others behind it.

That's about all I can think of. Keep in mind, I don't know how difficult any of these suggestions may be to pull off, or if they fit with your personal vision of the mod. Im just throwing stuff out there. Keep it up!

Comment

I'm using SMC as a base, which already pushes back enemies as well as bleeding, nails in walls, enemies dropping their ammo type, etc.

I'll see what i can do about the shotty position and the nails, that sounds interesting

http://webm.land/media/tmp/9647d463-...ed984e4e4.webm

Enforcer run anim

Comment

Working...
                                X