Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 1.5 - Release Thread

Quake 1.5 Weapons Pack addon - Mod DB

Would've released this sooner but I've been pretty sick over the past week, still am.

Media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60wQD1u4VZg

Comes with two versions, drop-in and mod dir, use whichever fits your preference

EDIT:

Let me know if there's any problems you guys are having with running it or anything and I'll probably get to it once I'm not coughing so much. Merry Christmas guys!
    Last edited by Bloodshot; 12-23-2015, 09:00 PM.

Thanks for this Bloodshot! Looking great, going to give it a whirl shortly.

Comment

Thanks for the gift!!

Comment

I tried booting it up in Quakespasm a few times and I couldn't get the models to load whether a drop in or mod directory.

However they loaded immediately in Qbism Super8.

Comment

Hope you feel better soon, Bloodshot.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
            Hope you feel better soon, Bloodshot.
            Good catch MG, I didn't notice the edit!

Feel better Bloodshot and Merry Christmas to you as well!

Comment

first off, i hope you feel better. i'm sick too, with a severe cold. seems i always get sick during the holidays (i think fate enjoys messing with me heh)

so, your work...

IS AWESOME

the weapons feel powerful and fast. each weapon feel like a well oiled machine of destruction and gib generation. I can see how you put thought into each of the weapons designs. they look bigger, bulkier, and more realistic, something i can appreciate. also, kudos on the reworked sounds, i loved how each of the weapons sounded (the grenade launcher being my favorite).

there are 2 things that i think would make it better:
              1. position of nails, rockets, etc: it would be cool if the position of fired ordinance could look like its coming out of each firearm.

2. i think it would be an added challenge if you could fire only as fast as each animation cycles, rather than breaking them to match the traditional firing speed of quake.

overall, i think you have done some outstanding work and have made a big contribution to this community and game.

thank you bloodshot!
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Oh this is great!! Ive only just started messing with it but I really like the line between improved and classic youre walking.

Comment

i notice that in the hipnotic expansion there are no new pickup models for the laser cannon, proxy gun, or mjolnir. (i have yet to look at rogue). is this intentional or am i missing something?
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I want to say yes and no, I finished the pickup models for the hipnotic laser and proxy launcher but I can't remember if i included the proxy. I straight up forgot to make the mjolnir pickup because I've been busy and It kinda just slipped my mind :/

The hiplaser has a pickup though, the colors are indentical to the classic model almost so its hard to tell unless you really inspect it

Comment

Hey Bloodshot, do you have any idea why this may not be working in Quakespasm for me? Neither the drop in or mod directory are pulling in the models.

Comment

Maybe try the 32-bit version if you are using the 64-bit, or making sure you have the latest version?

Also just double check to make sure you don't have any sort of pak file that has weapon skins in it or anything, I'm not sure.

Comment

Ah, my mistake. I looked at the drop in pak files and this one was named pak3.pak. I didn't have a pak2 already so I just renamed this to pak2.pak and it works great. Awesome models man! A few things I'd like to build on:

Originally posted by Syluxguy28O3 View Post
                          there are 2 things that i think would make it better:
                          1. position of nails, rockets, etc: it would be cool if the position of fired ordinance could look like its coming out of each firearm.
                          This was the only thing I had for constructive criticism and Sylux worded better than I probably would've! Other than this little thing, I absolutely LOVE these models and their sounds. It's so fun to have a completely new look to the weapons. They sort of have a Quake 2 feel to them!

Originally posted by Amon26 View Post
                          Oh this is great!! Ive only just started messing with it but I really like the line between improved and classic youre walking.
                          I have to agree, I love the style and look of these. Great job Bloodshot!

Comment

These are pretty nice. I'm not too fond of the shotguns, but I really like the grenade launcher, axe, LG, RL and nail gun. A Bit undecided on the SNL though.

I also really like the new sounds.

The only thing I dislike is the lack of muzzle flashes. I never liked how quake 2 completely lacked muzzle flashes.

I'm sure someone out there would be able to help with the nail/rocket positioning. It does look a bit awkward. Maybe seven would give some info about how to adjust the projectile position. He should have an idea how I think?

The improved gore is nice too. Any chance of getting the improved gore as a separate download?

How do you get the hud to work? I placed it in the id1 folder. but am not noticing any difference.
                            Last edited by Legend; 12-29-2015, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Hello Bloodshot,

Really nice weapon models that you put together here.
                              I love the supernailgun and the lightning gun. They are really great looking and the supernailgun sound is amazing.

I saw that several people here and at moddb reported/feedback suggestions to match projectiles with weapon mouths and add muzzle flashes.
                              Also gameplay bugs in mission packs, such as DPs plasma gun bug and others.

I saw that you included several mod versions in your download.
                              You even added dedicated DarkPlaces versions.
                              I know you are not a qc modder so why not use existing mods with features that you want to have in your Quake 1.5 ?
                              You wrote about your wish-list of features in your wip thread...

The Quake 1.5 mod and the smc mod for example absolutely do NOT conflict at all.
                              You can use both mods in parallel, because your Quake 1.5 mod only includes/uses some replacement models.
                              And those models are not touched/altered in the smc mod.

--------------------

So if you want, the conclusion is easy:
                              For your dedicated "darkplaces" mod versions, you can use the smc just fine to get rid of all the mentiond bugs and lacks of features.

The weapon related features that you aimed for are already available:
                              - weapon idle animation system
                              - weapon recoil system
                              - weapon muzzle flashes
                              - ejecting shells
                              - nails sticking in walls
                              - enemy knockback

The gore related features that you aimed for are already available:
                              - improved gore system
                              . (includes increased gib quantity/types, blood splashes + puddles, additional flesh/meat spawns, ...)
                              - automated painskin system
                              - fixed all gameplay bugs

Here is a short clip that shows what happens to your weapons when you put both mods in the same folder:
                              (There are many other clips that showcase the SMC extended gore features already in my youtube channel)
                              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpiHBWhVn0I[/ame]

Simply add these files into the mods dir, which are very slightly modified ones to match your models exactly:
                              DOWNLOAD - Quake1.5 meets SMC.rar

Have fun with Quake modding,
                              Seven

PS: By the way, you do not need darkplaces to make the projectiles match the new weapon mouth positions.
                              Just copy the related code out of the smc source and it will run in all engines. Every monkey can do that...
                              Last edited by Seven; 12-29-2015, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X